Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my 2010 Kia Soul and shopping is soooo hard! I see a model code on the ads for each car and I don't know what they mean. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
When looking at the new cars, what codes do you mean? Provide an example please. If the code is a string of numbers, it is probably a code used by your dealer. If you are talking LX, S, EX, etc., those are the trim levels and can be looked up. Most model codes in ads are not relevant to the car's model or trim level but to the dealer's inventory. Let us know what you are looking at though.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
sorry my crystal ball is out being serviced :joyous:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,530 Posts
Not knowing exactly what you're looking at, roughly speaking L and LX tend to be more base versions. Like no Satellite radio, fancy seats etc.

EX trims are fancier, Touring and grand Touring have all the cool, comfortable features.

GT and GTI tend to have the bigger, more zippy engines. You know, sportier.

If it's a Soul you're looking at, there is an X line that is faux rugged and an S version, in between them all.

Have fun looking!

Reactions: Buzz

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome! Like you, I have been searching for a (first) new Soul. When I look at one local dealer's listings, I see:
Body Style: Hatchback
Model Code: B2532
I presume this is what you mean? Unfortunately, I cannot decode them for you. It would appear they denote broad categories of vehicles, roughly corresponding to the trim levels. Model Code: B2532 seems to be the 2020 Soul S trim. I suspect they are more useful to the computerized inventory system than to human beings. Sorry I don't have a real answer for you other than assuring you you're not crazy. Happy Soul hunting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts