Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul Turbo 2021
59 Posts
State: SC
Trim: GT-Line Turbo
Options: Cherry Black, floor mats, I also had dealer add on mood lights, puddles lights & second luggage board for an upper & lower deck so it was included in 0% KMC Financing.
MSRP: $32,599
Price paid: $27,000 {include Destination Charge}
Great deal!

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
136 Posts
We'll I thought so... But you never know.
What u drive DAC?

·
Registered
2020 SOUL S in Inferno Red
26 Posts
This worked great on other car forums to help people around the country to get an idea what kind of deals folks are getting/paying.

Please just tell us the following:

State:
Trim:
Options:
MSRP:
Price paid: {include Destination Charge}
Also say if you got a Military, College or some other discount.

No need to list the taxes, dealer fees, title, plates etc. as every state is different.

Thanks! :joyous:
In late September I purchased a 2020 Soul S in the MD suburbs of Washington DC for 18,880 OTD. I believe the end of model year $2,500 rebate is still around. With the rebate, you have the option upgrading to the EX model (with all of its additional features) for a little over 21,000--which is what you would have paid for the S model before the end of model year rebate.
State: MD
Trim: S
Options: Floor Mats, Mud Guards
MSRP: 20,540 (per window sticker)
Price Paid: 18,880 out the door
End of Model Year $2,500 discount
Additional Dealer Discount 2,568

·
Registered
Kia Soul Turbo 2021
59 Posts
Proud owner of a Soul 2021 Turbo
(purchased 1 day ago)
Trim: Turbo
Color: Neptune Blue
Options: Interior Lighting, Puddle Lights & Floor Mats
MSRP: $28,285
Price paid: $24,000 (without tax,plaques,freight,fees)

·
Registered
2 Posts
State: NY
Trim: EX- $23,945 total price
Tax: $1965
Fees/docs $97.50
Included Options: Carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray- (included $295)
Kia rebate- ($2,000)
Dealer markdown- ($1,800)
Total discount- ($3,800)
Agreed cash price with all taxes, fees, etc- $22,145
Financing: 2.14% 36 months through credit union not dealer

·
Registered
Kia Soul Turbo 2021
59 Posts
State: NY
Trim: EX- $23,945 total price
Tax: $1965
Fees/docs $97.50
Included Options: Carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray- (included $295)
Kia rebate- ($2,000)
Dealer markdown- ($1,800)
Total discount- ($3,800)
Agreed cash price with all taxes, fees, etc- $22,145
Financing: 2.14% 36 months through credit union not dealer
Great deal!
What year is your ex?

·
Registered
92 Posts
In late September I purchased a 2020 Soul S in the MD suburbs of Washington DC for 18,880 OTD. I believe the end of model year $2,500 rebate is still around. With the rebate, you have the option upgrading to the EX model (with all of its additional features) for a little over 21,000--which is what you would have paid for the S model before the end of model year rebate.
Trim: S
Options: Floor Mats, Mud Guards
MSRP: 20,540 (per window sticker)
Price Paid: 18,880 out the door
End of Model Year $2,500 discount
Additional Dealer Discount 2,568
I have a 2020 EX still floating around in my area, where do you see if that discount is still around? I'm going to try offering $22K out the door and see if they bite.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2020 EX still floating around in my area, where do you see if that discount is still around? I'm going to try offering $22K out the door and see if they bite.
The Kia USA website has a listing of all currently available rebates and offers. In your situation, I think I'd offer less out the door closer to $20 to $21K. Since it's last year's model, it has already started depreciating from MSRP, so they're losing money every day it sits on their lot. Then again, it'll eventually sell, as there will always be someone desperate for a new car who won't quite be able to afford the 2021 model. They may balk at such a low-ball offer--but the worst they can do is say no. And if they do, I'd wait a few days to see if they contact you again more willing to negotiate. Just a thought.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's too much for a leftover 2020. I just bought the wife a new 2021 Pearl White EX for just over $21k out the door including taxes, title, destination, etc. I had to do a bit of back and forth between a couple dealers to get that price, but it didn't take long.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's too much for a leftover 2020. I just bought the wife a new 2021 Pearl White EX for just over $21k out the door including taxes, title, destination, etc. I had to do a bit of back and forth between a couple dealers to get that price, but it didn't take long.
Thanks, now I know its WAY too much... just noticed this one has 1000 miles on it already, so its clearly a demo vehicle, even though they are selling it as new.

They also comically installed front and rear license plates that aren't even remotely centered or level, which is a big deal as I don't typically install front plates on any of my vehicles and its going to have asymmetrical holes in the bumper...

What do you think a good offer would be? I actually prefer the 2020s as the 2021 EX's have reflector headlights now.

Edit: Isn't that ghetto plate install also covering up the lower radar sensor? o_O

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, now I know its WAY too much... just noticed this one has 1000 miles on it already, so its clearly a demo vehicle, even though they are selling it as new.

They also comically installed front and rear license plates that aren't even remotely centered or level, which is a big deal as I don't typically install front plates on any of my vehicles and its going to have asymmetrical holes in the bumper...

What do you think a good offer would be? I actually prefer the 2020s as the 2021 EX's have reflector headlights now.

View attachment 136438
Edit: Isn't that ghetto plate install also covering up the lower radar sensor? o_O
UH OH!!! I was going to lead off with some negotiating tips (which I'll get to in a minute). But this potential purchase, IMO, has been OBE'd. Here's what I'm thinking. And let's get this out of the way before I start--I am the world's BIGGEST CYNIC--at least when it comes to car salespeople. Warning sign # 1: the car has 1,000 miles on the ODO "so it's clearly a demo vehicle." STOP RIGHT THERE. It is a logical assumption that the car racked up 1,000 miles, and would be a likely explanation from a car salesman. However, every dealership I've ever dealt with "rotates" the demo cars. That is, they'd have a handful of 2020 Souls (perhaps a handful of various trim levels) used for demos, the idea being that it's better to have 10 new vehicles accumulate 50 demo miles each rather than have one demo vehicle accrue 500 demo miles. Perhaps things are done differently where you live, but I'd hesitate to believe that a "new" vehicle with 1,000 miles was due to it being put into demo service. What I would consider/assume, is that the vehicle had been sold and almost immediately reposessed. Meaning that the vehicle has been previously titled. No one would be happy to willingly purchase a vehicle presented as "new" and find out later that it was in fact a "slightly" used vehicle. Why am I making such a big deal out of this? The vaunted Kia 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty ONLY applies to the ORIGINAL purchaser. So if this vehicle turns out to have been previously titled, you will not benefit from the amazing warranty. The installation of the front and rear tags is also suspicious, and in my mind, supports my theory that this vehicle might have been previously titled. Why would a dealer "desecrate" a new, unsold vehicle by adding tags--OFF CENTER AND CROOKED--at that? The poor installation of the front tag SCREAMS amateur, not professional (dealer) installation. IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE, PLEASE SPEND $40 OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET AND GET A CARFAX REPORT FIRST!!! A carfax report will indicate if the car has been previously titled!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
UH OH!!! I was going to lead off with some negotiating tips (which I'll get to in a minute). But this potential purchase, IMO, has been OBE'd. Here's what I'm thinking. And let's get this out of the way before I start--I am the world's BIGGEST CYNIC--at least when it comes to car salespeople. Warning sign # 1: the car has 1,000 miles on the ODO "so it's clearly a demo vehicle." STOP RIGHT THERE. It is a logical assumption that the car racked up 1,000 miles, and would be a likely explanation from a car salesman. However, every dealership I've ever dealt with "rotates" the demo cars. That is, they'd have a handful of 2020 Souls (perhaps a handful of various trim levels) used for demos, the idea being that it's better to have 10 new vehicles accumulate 50 demo miles each rather than have one demo vehicle accrue 500 demo miles. Perhaps things are done differently where you live, but I'd hesitate to believe that a "new" vehicle with 1,000 miles was due to it being put into demo service. What I would consider/assume, is that the vehicle had been sold and almost immediately reposessed. Meaning that the vehicle has been previously titled. No one would be happy to willingly purchase a vehicle presented as "new" and find out later that it was in fact a "slightly" used vehicle. Why am I making such a big deal out of this? The vaunted Kia 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty ONLY applies to the ORIGINAL purchaser. So if this vehicle turns out to have been previously titled, you will not benefit from the amazing warranty. The installation of the front and rear tags is also suspicious, and in my mind, supports my theory that this vehicle might have been previously titled. Why would a dealer "desecrate" a new, unsold vehicle by adding tags--OFF CENTER AND CROOKED--at that? The poor installation of the front tag SCREAMS amateur, not professional (dealer) installation. IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE, PLEASE SPEND $40 OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET AND GET A CARFAX REPORT FIRST!!! A carfax report will indicate if the car has been previously titled!!!!
PART TWO
There is one exception to the "10 yr/100,000 mile warranty is only valid for the ORIGINAL owner." That is if the dealer is selling the car as a KIA CERTIFIED USED CAR. That is the only situation in which a SUBSEQUENT owner benefits from the "10 year/1000,000 mile warranty." But if this dealer is selling this car as "new" rather than "used", this is a moot point. However, it speaks to the dealer's credibility--enough so that, if your carfax shows that it is in fact a previously titled vehicle, I WOULD RUN, NOT WALK, AWAY FROM THIS DEALER!
OK, the negotiating tips I was going to lead with. Do your due diligence. If you haven't already, use TrueCar or another service to find out what's a good price for this vehicle in your area. I'm guessing it would be $20 K to $21 K. Perhaps closer to $19 K? If you want to pursue this vehicle, AND THE CARFAX SHOWS THAT IT HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN TITLED, visit the dealer, chat them up, and tell them that you prefer the 2020 model over the 2021. Chat them up enough so they get your name and contact information (either phone or email), which indicates that you're a potentially serious customer. (Don't worry, you can block their phone # and/or email later). After taking the vehicle for a test drive, and asking them why the car has 1,000 miles and why it has a license tag already installed on the front (while keeping a straight face), make a low-ball offer. Be prepared for them to reject it or counter much higher. Stand up, politely say that this was your one and only offer, and turn around and walk out of the dealership. Granted, they might not run after you before you drive off the dealership lot, but that's OK. You need to play chicken here, and you also need to remember that you have the upper hand (because their merchandise is "stale" and getting "staler" by the day). Do NOT contact the dealer after you leave. There's a good change that in a day or 2 or 3 the dealer will reach out to you, and if not willing to accept your offer outright, at least counter with a lower offer. You decide how hard a game of chicken you want to play. KEEP IN MIND that we're almost at the end of the month, and the end of the quarter (both falling on March 31) so time is also in your favor. The reason being is that salespeople have both monthly and quarterly sales quotas to meet, and the closer you can time your potential purchase to the end of the month (and ideally, the month AND quarter), the more amenable he/she may be to making a deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
State: IL
Trim: LX
Color: Cherry Black
Options: Puddle Lights & Floor Mats
MSRP: $20,745
Price paid: $13,197 (without tax,title, doc and destination fees)

·
Registered
135 Posts
State: California
Trim: EX- $22,690
Options: Carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray- $295
MSRP (inc. dest.)- $23,980
Kia competition rebate- ($1,750)
Dealer markdown- ($2,730)
Total discount- ($4,480)
Trade in- ($400)
Agreed price (not inc. taxes, fees, dealer options)- $19,100
My Illinois EX Eco Dynamic was just about exactly the same as for your Soul.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The other reason a “new” car could have 1,000 miles on it is because it has been used as a loaner while customers vehicles are in for service. It’s common for Land Rover dealers to use near base model Range Rover Evoques for this purpose as that’s the cheapest thing they have on their lot. Same applies to all manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The other reason a “new” car could have 1,000 miles on it is because it has been used as a loaner while customers vehicles are in for service. It’s common for Land Rover dealers to use near base model Range Rover Evoques for this purpose as that’s the cheapest thing they have on their lot. Same applies to all manufacturers.
That makes sense. My last car was at the dealer for a month, and I had a loaner all that time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for your alternate explanation. It's certainly feasible that a new, never-titled car could rack up 1,000 miles if put into service as a loaner vehicle by the dealership. However, the original poster referred to the vehicle as a "demo" not a "loaner." Not sure if this was her personal assessment? Or did the dealership explicitly state that it was a "demo"?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2020 Kia Soul S model
Silver Sparkle
Used/Program car with $17k miles
$18,700

There were no new S models in my area and I needed a car now to replace my total loss 2017 + Soul.

Other used dealers in my area were selling similar, used 2020 Soul S models, for $20k...Almost the same price as a new one.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts