Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
2020 Kia Soul EV Electric Vehicle

Province: British Columbia, Canada
Trim: Soul EV Limited
Options: None (other than standard options that come with Limited model)
MSRP: $55,000 Canadian dollars
Price paid: $45,000 Canadian dollars (approx $32,000 USD), after $5,000 CAD Provincial and $5,000 CAD Federal government rebates.

No discounts. Cars are so popular you pay sticker price.

·
Registered
2x 2020 GT-Line Turbo
24 Posts
We bought two on May 31. Great time to buy!

State: Georgia
Trim: GT-Line Turbo
Options on Inferno Red: Turbo Rear Bumper Applique $75, Floor Mats $135
MSRP Red: $28,820
Options on White (Wifey): Floor Mats $135, Snow White Pearl Paint $345
MSRP White: $29,015
Price paid: $24,000 even for each, no dealer fees, no trade-ins
No special college, military, or partner discount. Only discount outside of haggling with dealer was $2000 bonus cash Kia offered last month and appears to be offering this month.

No need to list the taxes, dealer fees, title, plates etc. as every state is different.
^dealer fees are a part of the price, excluding accessory options. They all try to add junk fees in every state.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The thread is useful but the info incomplete as it doesn’t include finance rates.
Seeing Kia finance rebates is good, but don’t forget interest.
The price “paid” should include all payments until you own the vehicle outright.
Otherwise what you have is the price “financed”.
A poor finance deal can largely cancel hard fought discounts. It’s a psychological trick to make you think you got a great deal because you think you got so much money off the car, but you didn’t necessarily. Don’t fall into that trap.
A smaller discount but a cash purchase may be cheaper overall. (Assuming you can afford to pay it all up front of course which not many can).
The same goes for subtracting your trade in price to come up with what you “paid”. Although it may seem you handed over less cash because you had a trade in you didn’t really u less they gave you more than your used car would have cost you to buy. Assets are currency.

Good to see some big discounts on here,
I’d just love to know what total money the vehicle actually cost when all finance payments have been made as that’s the real price paid. Anything else is just the dealer playing psych tricks with numbers.

·
Registered
607 Posts
2020 Kia Soul EV Electric Vehicle

Province: British Columbia, Canada
Trim: Soul EV Limited
Options: None (other than standard options that come with Limited model)
MSRP: $55,000 Canadian dollars
Price paid: $45,000 Canadian dollars (approx $32,000 USD), after $5,000 CAD Provincial and $5,000 CAD Federal government rebates.

No discounts. Cars are so popular you pay sticker price.
Please tell us more about these provincial and federal government rebates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a EX with designer package. Fought pretty hard, but landed at $25k before TTL, @ 0% for 72 months in NYC. I feel like I got ripped a little and should have fought harder. But with all the cash incentives, at 3% you land at the same price. And I did not want to part with full cash upfront as that is better spent on investments or similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please tell us more about these provincial and federal government rebates.
We bought our 2020 Kia Soul EV Limited in June of 2019. Back then, the British Columbia Provincial government had a $5000 CAD rebate if you bought an EV. It was funded via carbon taxes.

The Canadian Federal Government then announced a similar national program with a $5000 CAD rebate - So it totalled $10,000 CAD in rebates.

Once the Federal Government announced their rebate the British Columbia government slashed their rebate from $5000 CAD to $2500 CAD - So today the max rebate is $7500 CAD.

However, when we bought our car in June of 2019 both rebates were still in place, so we slid under the wire with $10,000 CAD in rebates.

There are some terms - For example, the rebate doesn't apply to "luxury" EVs like the Model X.

The rebates go directly to the dealer.

There are some rebates if you buy used, but I'm not as familiar with those. There is also a program in British Columbia called "Scrap-It" where you get some rebates for an EV when you trade in an ICE car, but it's a confusing program that has few credits available, so I don't know a lot about it. We didn't take advantage of it.

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
80 Posts
LX trim in White...it will be $24k with financing...and there was like $1800 upside down on my lease trade😵included

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
80 Posts
yup...the manual was cheaper...but I think the LX is the cheapest...yea here in Orlando they get u good

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
80 Posts
yup...the manual was cheaper...but I think the LX is the cheapest...yea here in Orlando they get u good
But considering the warranty..I figure I have a good 10 year car..Im disabled so I drive very little ..I don't see 100,000 miles anytime soon 😁

·
Registered
116 Posts
But considering the warranty..I figure I have a good 10 year car..Im disabled so I drive very little ..I don't see 100,000 miles anytime soon 😁
I guess the way to look at it is even $24k is cheap for a brand new car and it should be just as reliable, or more so, than cars costing twice as much.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,682 Posts
I guess the way to look at it is even $24k is cheap for a brand new car and it should be just as reliable, or more so, than cars costing twice as much.
What is the average cost of a car 2020?
Average New-Vehicle Prices Up Nearly 3% Year-Over-Year in February 2020, According to Kelley Blue Book. IRVINE, Calif., March 3, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The valuation analysts at Kelley Blue Book today reported the estimated average transaction price for a light vehicle in the United States was $37,876 in February 2020

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
136 Posts
This worked great on other car forums to help people around the country to get an idea what kind of deals folks are getting/paying.

Please just tell us the following:

State:
Trim:
Options:
MSRP:
Price paid: {include Destination Charge}
Also say if you got a Military, College or some other discount.

No need to list the taxes, dealer fees, title, plates etc. as every state is different.

Thanks! :joyous:
State: SC
Trim: GT-Line Turbo
Options: Cherry Black, floor mats, I also had dealer add on mood lights, puddles lights & second luggage board for an upper & lower deck so it was included in 0% KMC Financing.
MSRP: $32,599
Price paid: $27,000 {include Destination Charge}

21 - 40 of 60 Posts