Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This worked great on other car forums to help people around the country to get an idea what kind of deals folks are getting/paying.

Please just tell us the following:

State:
Trim:
Options:
MSRP:
Price paid: {include Destination Charge}
Also say if you got a Military, College or some other discount.

No need to list the taxes, dealer fees, title, plates etc. as every state is different.

Thanks! :joyous:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
A bit premature since they are not really on sale yet.

Pat.

·
Registered
503 Posts
There's not going to be a lot of difference from place to place. Whatever incentives are available will get applied, depending on when you buy the car. My LX Automatic got a $500 KIA loyalty incentive, a $400 military veteran incentive, and a #1758 KIA financing discount off the $20,500 sticker price, which included the Snow White Pearl paint which was $345 extra. No other reductions, which isn't surprising for a base model with the IVT transmission. My trade-in was a 2013 Base Soul manual, with some paint scratches. They gave me $4000 for that, which was what I expected. They've already wholesaled that to a used car dealer.

Tax and licence charges were added, and I opted for their $700+ rust prevention package. I don't have a figure handy for the total cost of the car. I'd have to go dig out the paperwork.

·
Registered
8 Posts
State: California
Trim: EX- $22,690
Options: Carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray- $295
MSRP (inc. dest.)- $23,980
Kia competition rebate- ($1,750)
Dealer markdown- ($2,730)
Total discount- ($4,480)
Trade in- ($400)
Agreed price (not inc. taxes, fees, dealer options)- $19,100

·
Registered
1 Posts
State: California, Southerm
Trim: GT Turbo, Cherry Black
Options: Carpeted floor mats, cargo tray
MSRP (inc. dest.): $30,910
Kia competition rebate: $1,500
Agreed price (not inc. taxes, fees, dealer options): $23,440

Couldn't haven't done it without the TrueCar discount through Consumer Reports! Also, I was very firm with the sales and finance staff about no BS charges, like Cilajet. I felt I paid too much for my previous car and for 7 years it always bothered me. I was determined not to make the same mistake again.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
State: NY
Trim: LX-IVT
Options: Auto start, floor mats, mud guards
MSRP: 18,000+
Price paid: {include Destination Charge}
$15,960 before sales tax/$17,500 out the door, all taxes/rebates/fees included.
Also say if you got a Military, College or some other discount. (Military and all applicable rebates)
No need to list the taxes, dealer fees, title, plates etc. as every state is different. (8.9%)

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only thing I know for sure is that I thought I had bargained myself a good price but a month after my purchase they dropped the prices on the X-Line about $2,000 and I wasn't feeling so happy about it. Still, the car seems incredibly cheap to me. Somewhat more than half of what I paid for a car 25 yrs ago and I like this one better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This worked great on other car forums to help people around the country to get an idea what kind of deals folks are getting/paying.

Please just tell us the following:

State: Maine
Trim: LX
Options:remote start, trailer hitch, alloy wheels, red paint
MSRP: Sticker price was 20300 without the remote start which supposedly was between 600 and 700
Price paid: {include Destination Charge} $19000 cash out the door including all taxes, titles, and fees.
Also say if you got a Military, College or some other discount.

No need to list the taxes, dealer fees, title, plates etc. as every state is different.

Thanks! :joyous:

·
Registered
7 Posts
$24,065 for the Cherry Black GT Line 2.0l wit Sunroof and a few extra security features. No complaints so far. Got on January 1, 2020.

·
Registered
321 Posts
State—Pennsylvania
Model—EX eco Gravity Gray
Option—carpeted floor mats
MSRP—$23453
Destination Charge $1025
Kia discount $1085
Dealer discount $1500
Military discount $400
paid $18213 + $3280 for trade in of 2011 Forte

one carcame delivered with following options i did not order and was not charged for; interior mood lighting, mud guards, rear bumper applique, and all season mud guards.

·
Registered
152 Posts
State: TX
Trim: X-Line
Options: Additional Windows Tint $348
MSRP: $22,935 + $348 = $23,283
Price paid:
  • $17,477.75 before tax/title/licence/fees
  • $18,976.74 out the door with all taxes/rebates/fees included
Note: no destination fee charged in my case, I checked before even considering the car

Discounts/Rebates Included:
  • Dealer Discount $2235
  • KIA Finance Rebate $1750
  • Holiday Bonus (VIN specific) $1000
  • Black Friday Bonus $500

·
Registered
9 Posts
State: Tennessee
Trim: LX - Automatic
Options: Carpeted floor mats, Full size spare tire
MSRP (inc. dest.)- $21,900.00
Kia Finance Rebate- $1750.00
Dealer markdown- $3650.00
Total discount- ($5400.00)
Trade in- ($5000)
Agreed price $12,800 (after taxes, rebates and trade in)

I bought it October 5th 2019 and worked my tail off (eating beans and rice) to get rid of the debt. I had it paid off by January 30th, 2020. That is real peace of mind knowing I have a new car with no payments!

·
Registered
53 Posts
in canada they are running an incentive of making first 6 payments if financed through kia ...not deferred payments ....but actual payments .

for leasers like myself they are offering 3 lease payments (not deferred).

models included are soul , sportage , forte ,sorrento.

thats a pretty aggresive promo .

·
Banned
468 Posts
in canada they are running an incentive of making first 6 payments if financed through kia ...not deferred payments ....but actual payments .

for leasers like myself they are offering 3 lease payments (not deferred).

models included are soul , sportage , forte ,sorrento.

thats a pretty aggresive promo .
They will make it up somewhere in the deal....Only the educated/prepared buyers will realize and see it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ended up leasing a 2020 CRV . Its not without its known issues but I couldnt get past the IVT failures on the Soul to bring myself to enter dealership to test drive it .I was able to negotiate the crv lease to the number I wanted to be at budget wise so I'm pretty happy .

I'll pop in once in awhile to see the progress of the Soul train ......

1 - 20 of 60 Posts