Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1781 - 1798 of 1798 Posts

·
Registered
‘16 Kia Soul Base A/T
25 Posts
Cool.
No surfing on the rack, OK? :ROFLMAO:

Today, changing the oil for first time on new bike, discovered none of my oil filter wrenches fit.
This one is too small, this one is too big, this one must be for a big ass truck, too huge.
So I took the Soul to the Suzuki dealer and coughed up $30 for a Goldilocks cap style wrench.
Just right, pretty darn tight. Hard to get off that old oily filter.

Also discovered Pep Boys auto parts by me is closed and the store mostly vacant, but the tire change and service bays are still working. WTF? And while I was out picked up a variety 12 pack of Kona "Liquid Aloha". Compensation for sweating my butt off. Mmm, Beer. :cool:
No surfing, unfortunately. Paddle boarding only. 😂
I use it mainly to lug stuff around. I eventually would like to get and awning for chilling at the beach or tailgating. In the future I’ll probably switch out the basket to a yakima lock n load system. Unfortunately it’s way out of my budget at the moment. 😅

·
Registered
‘16 Kia Soul Base A/T
25 Posts
So last Sunday I tried on 15” wheels just to see the clearance. It was a Sendel Trailer wheel. Model S20T.
it was a 15x6 +0 offset.
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Bicycle part Silver

It didn’t clear the calipers in terms of backspacing. We put on a 1” adapter and it cleared, but it stuck out about 2” out the fender. The 1” adapter was pretty excessive. The needed space between the wheel and caliper clearance looked to be around half an inch or less to clear. When I do have time. I’ll try and play with clearance some more.

In the future. I would love to get these on the soul, but they currently only make a 15x7 -10 offset for our souls at the moment.
Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber Bicycle part Alloy wheel

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just the other day I gave my little Jewel an oil change. She went just under 3,000 miles on the old oil, which was a mixture of 2 quarts of Valvoline full synthetic and 2 quarts of Quaker State full synthetic, both 5w30. She doesn’t burn a drop.

I put in 3 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 and 1 quart of Quaker State “all mileage” blend 10w40 😳. And of course a Kia filter. She has approximately 27,100 miles now.

My little Jewel runs like a scalded cat when you step on that GO pedal and she’s quiet as a mouse at idle. She really likes that “thick” oil.

After I went for a drive to get some pizza pies and pulled some strangers out of a mud pit and my little Jewel was just covered in dirt. I went through the touch free car wash, then gave her a quick spray wax and now she’s all nice and shiney. 😀

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
849 Posts
Just the other day I gave my little Jewel an oil change. She went just under 3,000 miles on the old oil, which was a mixture of 2 quarts of Valvoline full synthetic and 2 quarts of Quaker State full synthetic, both 5w30. She doesn’t burn a drop.

I put in 3 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 and 1 quart of Quaker State “all mileage” blend 10w40 😳. And of course a Kia filter. She has approximately 27,100 miles now.

My little Jewel runs like a scalded cat when you step on that GO pedal and she’s quiet as a mouse at idle. She really likes that “thick” oil.

After I went for a drive to get some pizza pies and pull some strangers out a mud pit and my little Jewel was just covered in dirt. I went through the touch free car wash, then gave her a quick spray wax and now she’s all nice and shiney. 😀
We see what you did here-Bravo.:D(y)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,874 Posts
Reactions: Hank3

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
Usually check my engine oil level every Sunday but forgot last Sunday. I remembered today because I've been meaning to change my pcv valve. Old pcv seemed to be ok as it passed the Kia pcv valve inspection test. Replaced it anyway.

And then checked the engine oil level along with the coolant and brake fluid levels, and looked at the serpentine belt for signs of cracking (I assume original belt).

I'm burning / losing a little oil. So far down approximately ¼ inch on the dip stick from when I changed the oil 2,119 miles ago.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul RedZone
266 Posts
I added...
WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO
Yeah, Waze, Google Maps, PowerAmp music player.

Full story, review here...

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul RedZone
266 Posts
Going in for oil change today.
CRC Intake Valve Cleaner yesterday.
Used SeaFoam previously.
Wife reports much more pep after the CRC.
Purely anecdotal.
Also, used slightly different process.
Short 3 count bursts with 3 count pauses
And 1 hour soak before 'drive it out' cycle.
Also,
I used a different input place to spray in the CRC.
I have previously used the brake vacumm line and also used the intake airbaffle at the throttle body.
Today, I discovered and used the junction of the 'blue' hose and just after the air filter box.
I know the red is the PCV valve/hose.
but, I am curious what the blue hose is.
goes from top/firewall side of motor to just after the air filter box.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Rim Gas

Anyways,
It worked.
At the intake side is the hose clamped to some sort of device clamped to the fat intake hose. The bigger of the two clamps (closest to intake hose was easier of the two to disconnect.
Sprayed CRC directly into that 'port'.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,874 Posts
Going in for oil change today.
CRC Intake Valve Cleaner yesterday.
Used SeaFoam previously.
Wife reports much more pep after the CRC.
Purely anecdotal.
Also, used slightly different process.
Short 3 count bursts with 3 count pauses
And 1 hour soak before 'drive it out' cycle.
Nice work Kaptain! How many miles on the 'ol odometer these days?

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
Changed oil. Almost exactly 6 months to the day. 2,370 miles. Didn't add any oil during that time. Oil did drop though about 5/8 inch on the dip stick. Oil was Kirkland Full Synthetic 5W-30.

Used up the last of the Kirkland and so will be switching back to Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic based on cost. Which is the same reason I switched last year to Kirkland from Pennzoil. Pennzoil had a $10 (per 5qt) rebate program for DIYers but dropped all nearby retailers.

From September last year to now the price for the Kirkland Full Synthetic 5W-30 has increased from the equivalent of $14 per 5qt jug to $21.

Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic has increased from $23 per 5qt jug to $27 at Walmart. But Pennzoil has re-authorized a bunch of retailers (including Walmart) and has a $25 (per 10qt) rebate (till 10-31-2022) putting the equivalent cost at ~$14.50 per 5qt jug.

1781 - 1798 of 1798 Posts