Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1741 - 1760 of 1769 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul RedZone
220 Posts
Driverside mirror detached/broke from mount.
New unpainted $200+ (kia parts),
New painted $500 (kia dealership),

Used, recycled, Red,
Changing RedZone White mounts (caps)
To Red mounts (caps),
Both sides R & L,
$150...

Ordered the used Reds.
If we decided we don't like for 'too much red',
We'll order a L-only white for driverside and put white back on...
Will post pics when done.

·
Registered
‘16 Kia Soul Base A/T
20 Posts
Last day of a 3 day road trip to Lake Isabella. Filled the tank before heading home. Ouch! :oops:

View attachment 139738
Whoa. 😳
Regular gas where I’m at is $6.33/gal
Driverside mirror detached/broke from mount.
New unpainted $200+ (kia parts),
New painted $500 (kia dealership),

Used, recycled, Red,
Changing RedZone White mounts (caps)
To Red mounts (caps),
Both sides R & L,
$150...

Ordered the used Reds.
If we decided we don't like for 'too much red',
We'll order a L-only white for driverside and put white back on...
Will post pics when done.
Whoa. I do have a pair of used side mirrors with repeaters. I could do $200 +shipping. 😅

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I got my Soul back from the body shop today and it looks brand new. They did a good job from what I can tell. And by using a Geico preferred body shop, the work is guaranteed for as long as I own it.

The front desk lady at the body shop, an area dealer’s collision center, seemed confused when I asked if there was any restrictions on going through automatic car washes or using wax. I’ve read that you should wait at least a month before waxing the car. After she asked someone, they told me there is no restrictions because they put the paint through a bake cycle.

I’m still unsure if I should wait a while to wax it. The car has been painted and basically all done since June 6, but some plastic molding and other tidbits were on back order which is why it took so long.

I think just to be safe I’ll only hand wash the car and no wax for the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,583 Posts
I got my Soul back from the body shop today and it looks brand new. They did a good job from what I can tell. And by using a Geico preferred body shop, the work is guaranteed for as long as I own it.

The front desk lady at the body shop, an area dealer’s collision center, seemed confused when I asked if there was any restrictions on going through automatic car washes or using wax. I’ve read that you should wait at least a month before waxing the car. After she asked someone, they told me there is no restrictions because they put the paint through a bake cycle.

I’m still unsure if I should wait a while to wax it. The car has been painted and basically all done since June 6, but some plastic molding and other tidbits were on back order which is why it took so long.

I think just to be safe I’ll only hand wash the car and no wax for the next couple of weeks.
That's what I would do as well. Just hand wash and if possible, park out of the sun until you decide to wax.

That's great news the body and paint went so well. I've heard, and been part of, too many jobs that when you look at them, you go "meh!"

Reactions: rhysoul

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That's what I would do as well. Just hand wash and if possible, park out of the sun until you decide to wax.

That's great news the body and paint went so well. I've heard, and been part of, too many jobs that when you look at them, you go "meh!"
No problem parking out in the sun. I only have a drive way so my little Jewel soaks up the sun all day long. 😂

I’ve only had one bad experience and it was a Nissan dealers collision center for my Teal Green Nissan 200SX SE-R. I skidded on an ice patch around a corner and hit a utility pole and the front end had to be fixed. Hood, fender, bumper. When I got it back you could clearly see how poorly they blended the paint. It was a totally different shade of green on the old painted doors vs the new painted fender and other parts. I refused and had them fix it.

I don’t know if they had Mr. Magoo working on my car or what. But it’s unacceptable, especially at a dealers own body shop to try to pass this poor quality type of work off as good.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
No orange peel or anything less than obvious?
Good to hear it is fixed. (y)
Not any that I noticed, but when I hand wash the car this weekend, I’ll probably see any issues I missed. That’s usually when I find new rock chips so hopefully there won’t be anything too bad.

The bright silver color has metallic flakes in it and I think that helps hide some defects.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Today I changed the oil on my 2019 Soul (well actually yesterday)

Miles on the car, 24,150
Miles on the oil, 2,950 approx

Out: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 and a Kia filter

In: 3 quarts of Quaker State Synthetic, 1 quart of Valvoline Extended Protection, both 5w30, a new Kia filter, and a bottle of Techron was added a few days before.

Also wiped down the plastics under the hood. So much pollen!

Got to look over the car a little closer where the body work was done and found a new chip on the rear bumper where it meets the quarter panel and a little over spray on the fender. But other than that the paint looks great. Couldn’t notice any orange peel, it’s nice and shiny. I’m dying to wax it but am waiting until at least mid July.

·
Registered
8,583 Posts
Today I changed the oil on my 2019 Soul (well actually yesterday)

Miles on the car, 24,150
Miles on the oil, 2,950 approx

Out: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 and a Kia filter

In: 3 quarts of Quaker State Synthetic, 1 quart of Valvoline Extended Protection, both 5w30, a new Kia filter, and a bottle of Techron was added a few days before.

Also wiped down the plastics under the hood. So much pollen!

Got to look over the car a little closer where the body work was done and found a new chip on the rear bumper where it meets the quarter panel and a little over spray on the fender. But other than that the paint looks great. Couldn’t notice any orange peel, it’s nice and shiny. I’m dying to wax it but am waiting until at least mid July.
Good job! Your pride in ownership through good maintenance is awesome.

• Love
Reactions: rhysoul

·
Registered
25 Posts
Over the past few days I bought a used leather steering wheel on ebay. Unfortunately the seller wasn't honest with the condition of the wheel but I was able to get enough of a refund to get it repaired. $140 dollars later I have a nice leather steering wheel that looks and feels brand new thanks to Tony, my interior repair friend. The white stitching matches the shift boot and it feels so much better than the base wheel.
Speedometer Vehicle Car Gauge Odometer

·
Registered
8,583 Posts
1741 - 1760 of 1769 Posts