Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1721 - 1740 of 1769 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
A wash in Little Tujunga Canyon. The water must really rip through here when it rains hard.
Cloud Sky Plant Stairs Wood
Sky Plant community Mountain Plant Bedrock

And Hidden Springs picnic area off Big Tujunga Canyon Rd. A historic tunnel, and mountain goat territory.
I really miss the Hidden Springs Cafe that burned in the Station fire and has not rebuilt. :cautious:

Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle
Plant Plant community Mountain Sky Bedrock

A good day none the less. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just four bolts they said. They didn't say you got maybe a quarter-inch of thread to work with LOL. But they are on and I am already shopping for a light bar and a basket.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Window

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Update on my little Jewel. Waiting for parts seems to be delaying the repair and the expected finish date is June 15.

$2003 is the estimate and I’m responsible for a $500 deductible.

They took things off the car that I didn’t think they would have to like the passenger side roof molding, belt molding, rear bumper, tail lights, side mirror, some interior pillar trim, trunk trim too, quarter panel window, interior door panels, and it looks like they’re painting the passenger side doors and quarter panel, but would they have to repaint the whole door if the damage was just on the bottom?

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If they don't repaint the whole door, you will see a line between old and new.
Same with body panels, repaint the whole thing.
Thanks, that makes sense.

So basically the whole passenger side is getting repainted except the fender. That explains why they had to remove so much stuff.

Too bad there wasn’t any damage on the fender because it has a couple rock chips I wouldn’t have mind being fixed 😄

• Haha
Reactions: MonsterSoul

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
$2003 is the estimate and I’m responsible for a $500 deductible.
Just to add, that bill does not sound too bad, it's "only" $2 grand.
Although your part is $500, and that is a lot of beer money. Pay to play. Ack.

I hope they do a good job fixing it, and no orange peel in the paint.
I suspect you will be on Orange Cone Alert while driving for some time.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Just to add, that bill does not sound too bad, it's "only" $2 grand.
Although your part is $500, and that is a lot of beer money. Pay to play. Ack.

I hope they do a good job fixing it, and no orange peel in the paint.
I suspect you will be on Orange Cone Alert while driving for some time.
Yeah it’s not too bad. The dents were not bad and probably popped out. If they had to replace the door skins like on yours it would have been much more.

Hopefully it will look great when I get it back and yea, I keep my eyes peeled for those pesky cones now.

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
627 Posts
So basically the whole passenger side is getting repainted except the fender. That explains why they had to remove so much stuff.
One winter a co-worker slid into the passenger door of (at the time) my still relatively new pickup truck. The dealer repaired / repainted just the door.

Particularly when the sun was shining I didn't have to stand at much of an angle (if at all) to discern the stark difference in color between the door and the adjacent panels to the front and rear.

Too bad there wasn’t any damage on the fender because it has a couple rock chips I wouldn’t have mind being fixed 😄
If you contact them maybe they could paint the fender for a reasonable out-of-pocket amount given they are already setting up to paint a sizeable portion of the car anyway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
519 Posts
Last week, test fit some 15s to see how they would fit on the hamster. Jeep 15x7 +31.75 "Ecco" style wheels did not fit over the brake calipers at all- the spokes hit and would need probably an 8mm spacer minimum to clear. Mazda MPV 15x6 +50 wheels fit perfectly with room to spare at the spoke and at the wheel barrel.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Plant
<-- Jeep "Ecco" style 15x7 +31.75

Bicycle part Font Rim Spoke Automotive wheel system
<-- Mazda MPV 15x6 +50

Just trying things out to see exactly how much tire I can fit into the wheel well without a lift, and give it even more of that "fully stuffed" look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Today I finished the install of my new digital instrument cluster along with the proper steering wheel buttons. I got a great deal on the gauges from ebay and was only $200 to complete with all the other parts I needed. The mileage was close enough that I'm not going to bother trying to change it.

·
Registered
‘16 Kia Soul Base A/T
20 Posts
Today I finished the install of my new digital instrument cluster along with the proper steering wheel buttons. I got a great deal on the gauges from ebay and was only $200 to complete with all the other parts I needed. The mileage was close enough that I'm not going to bother trying to change it.
Nice. Was this a retrofit? Or did the souls already come with digital clusters on the 2018 models?

1721 - 1740 of 1769 Posts