Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1561 - 1580 of 1584 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Same pre-painted $100 eBay spoiler that everyone's been using?
No; factory spoiler I got from KiaPartsNow. They're still on sale I believe. They're starting to discontinue a lot of the G2 accessories.

I got it installed at the body shop I've been going to that's done great work on my previous cars. I didn't have the tools or space to do the drilling required.

Reactions: phunky.buddha

·
Registered
104 Posts
Seems ridiculous, but my Soul gets better mileage with the kayak on top. I guess the aerodynamics of the box improves with a giant fin on top.

·
Registered
484 Posts
No; factory spoiler I got from KiaPartsNow. They're still on sale I believe. They're starting to discontinue a lot of the G2 accessories.

I got it installed at the body shop I've been going to that's done great work on my previous cars. I didn't have the tools or space to do the drilling required.
I guess it's time to order! Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good point. I was thinking of the aerodynamics.
Did not even think how did you get it up there.
At least 2 people I guess. Good job making it work.
It weighs 52 pounds. I lift it over my head and set it in the racks. Thankfully, I'm 6'2" and the Soul isn't that tall.

In other news, I have owned that Soul for 58 months. The dealership contacted me and offered $12,800 for a trade-in. I paid $15,500.

I guess they are desperate for low mileage used cars. They don't even have that many new ones on the lot. I guess the pandemic has put a hurt on production and shipping.

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
220 Posts
In addition to adding an armrest center console to my stick-shift KIA Soul, I also replaced one of the side mirrors.

Several weeks ago I totally misjudged how much clearance I had to back into my garage and whacked one of the side mirrors good, hard enough to crack the housing.

After snapping pieces back together that had popped loose the mirror still worked and eventually I was able to pull a replacement off of a junk KIA Soul. Quite easy to remove and replace.

1561 - 1580 of 1584 Posts