Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1541 - 1560 of 1584 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Took it to the dealer to fix a bumper repair snafu. Turns out the front bumper on a 1 Mil is THREE pieces instead of one. The VIN comes up as a base sooooo. Head up, if you need a new bumper on a 1 Mil, the extra worry is warranted.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Finally got my HID retrofit working after upgrading to projectors on my base. Interestingly, I'm running off the factory wiring but needed a capacitor for flickering. I have a dual-in, dual-out relay I'll try later, but for now, I'm quite happy. And the passenger side projector is dusty because the place where I got it had it outside hanging. But it's a small price for getting the projectors for a good price.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I installed the rear spoiler on the turbo toaster, double sided heavy duty tape. Now it’s really fast! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What brand of tape did you use? I have a spoiler as well but debating to use double-sided tape or get a quote from the dealer to install.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What brand of tape did you use? I have a spoiler as well but debating to use double-sided tape or get a quote from the dealer to install.
I used 3M. I threw the package away but it says it holds mailboxes. Do not apply any polish or wax to the area before using the tape, and after installing the spoiler, leave it in the sun so the tape heats up (it sticks better)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I used 3M. I threw the package away but it says it holds mailboxes. Do not apply any polish or wax to the area before using the tape, and after installing the spoiler, leave it in the sun so the tape heats up (it sticks better)

Thank you.

Reactions: cyco666

·
Registered
569 Posts
I installed the rear spoiler on the turbo toaster, double sided heavy duty tape. Now it’s really fast! Haha
Does the rear spoiler prevent rain and road water from hitting the rear windshield?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Does the rear spoiler prevent rain and road water from hitting the rear windshield?
No. Perhaps creates a slightly finer spray that takes slightly longer to cover the glass with muck. Still requires frequent use of the rear wiper.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Finally got my HID retrofit working after upgrading to projectors on my base. Interestingly, I'm running off the factory wiring but needed a capacitor for flickering. I have a dual-in, dual-out relay I'll try later, but for now, I'm quite happy. And the passenger side projector is dusty because the place where I got it had it outside hanging. But it's a small price for getting the projectors for a good price. View attachment 136353 View attachment 136354 View attachment 136355
:)NICE JOB...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

My Gen II had two bolts, and 3M Tape all ready on it... Two bolts are mechanical, and insure it will Never Blow off. OEM's are fussy about Liability Concerns...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Did you use it off road, or did you stay on the pavement?
Only got off road into the unpaved pull out / view spot there.

I'd be real careful going off down the dirt roads up there. Some of them are gnarly and some are steep. You could find yourself at the bottom of a ravine with a big problem getting back up. Did this once with a 500 pound street bike. Took several tries to get back up. But once the bike was pointed downhill, all I could do was go down there. Doh!

Or you could just get stuck.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,617 Posts

Looks great cyco! I didn't realize the Brownstone Edition came in a turbo.

Reactions: cyco666
1541 - 1560 of 1584 Posts