·
Registered
641 Posts
How long did it take your dealer KR?

·
Registered
2019 Soul+ w/ Primo Package
137 Posts
$12.69 OEM lighted sill plates wired & installed. (y) :)

PXL_20210203_140127927.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
All 4 doors? Seems a real good price. How much fun was the install?
Where do you run and connect the wires?
1) Just the front door sills are lighted.
2) MyKiaParts.com had them on closeout.
3) Install took about an hour for all four; working at a leisurely pace.
4) Interfaced to LF & RF door triggers; located in the SJB-dash fuse box.

·
Registered
✴️BING✴️ Toast's ready, pass the butter!
1,091 Posts
2) MyKiaParts.com had them on closeout.
Unfortunately they're back to full retail price, at least for my 2014. ☹
I looked around and the other online Kia parts drop-shipper websites (kiaparts.com, mykiaparts.com, etc.) and either they've discontinued selling them or their pricing is back to their $200+ retail price.

Although I did find a set for $12.99 for 2017-19 models here, but I'd bet their shipping is expensive:

Your's look GREAT when installed and now I wished I had gotten a pair. 👍

Reactions: SmoovC

·
Registered
137 Posts
You could always put them in the cart & get an estimated shipping cost?
Thank you for the kind comment. (y) :)

·
Registered
2017 Soul/Base Bagged Race Gauges (custom work/ in process)
3 Posts
I wonder if I have found the right place. New to the forums, been a member since '18. Okay here goes,. Mods so far:L E Ds inside and out. embroidered dash cover, Hamster oriented glass vinyls, custom wheels and tires, wrapped hood (carbon fibre look). I am installing a real carbon fibre hood soon. .Air bagged (four point), Gauges that include: oil pressure, Amps, voltage, water temp, also five dedicated to the air bag system. exhaust black and green seats w/matching seat belt pads, dashcam, fire extinguisher, factory added spare and jack and wrench, factory spoiler, back-up camera. I have many other mods in mind. Stay tuned........

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I wonder if I have found the right place. New to the forums, been a member since '18. Okay here goes,. Mods so far:L E Ds inside and out. embroidered dash cover, Hamster oriented glass vinyls, custom wheels and tires, wrapped hood (carbon fibre look). I am installing a real carbon fibre hood soon. .Air bagged (four point), Gauges that include: oil pressure, Amps, voltage, water temp, also five dedicated to the air bag system. exhaust black and green seats w/matching seat belt pads, dashcam, fire extinguisher, factory added spare and jack and wrench, factory spoiler, back-up camera. I have many other mods in mind. Stay tuned........
Get us some pictures ALIENG2 .. I'd love to check out some of those up close. !

H

·
Registered
95 Posts
Damn, those look GREAT! 👍
Now I wish they weren't sold out... 😢
Check KiaPartsNow to see if they're still available. That's where I got them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunately they're back to full retail price, at least for my 2014. ☹
I looked around and the other online Kia parts drop-shipper websites (kiaparts.com, mykiaparts.com, etc.) and either they've discontinued selling them or their pricing is back to their $200+ retail price.

Although I did find a set for $12.99 for 2017-19 models here, but I'd bet their shipping is expensive:

Your's look GREAT when installed and now I wished I had gotten a pair. 👍
I have a 2016 and the 2017-19 kit is the one I bought and fits.

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hank, I got mine at the part source here in Ottawa, I would think Napa or Auto zone should be able to supply longer hangers. I only lowered the hanger closest to the bumper which I found to be sufficient. I hope you will able to find since it was easy to swap out.

Pat.
Appreciate you sharing your idea of the longer exhaust hanger. Purchased set from Amazon for $8; I'm using the middle hole location and I feel like it's created a safer distance between the tip and bumper.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Appreciate you sharing your idea of the longer exhaust hanger. Purchased set from Amazon for $8; I'm using the middle hole location and I feel like it's created a safer distance between the tip and bumper.

View attachment 136029

View attachment 136030

View attachment 136031

View attachment 136032
You are welcome Hank I am glad you were able to source one. BTW your car looks remarkably clean underneath.hard to believe it is a 2014. That's what keeping away from salt will do.

Pat.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You are welcome Hank I am glad you were able to source one. BTW your car looks remarkably clean underneath.hard to believe it is a 2014. That's what keeping away from salt will do.

Pat.
Yes, lack of exposure to salt will definitely do it! And it's fairly low miles at barely over 30k. Previous owner was from VA, but only drove it 3K miles in 3 years.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hardwired my dash cam and installed some eBay interior LED bulbs. I think I'm going to buy Diode Dynamics bulbs as I'm not impressed, but I wanted something for the interim. Going to finish my HID retrofit tomorrow and layout my rear hatch LEDs before splicing into the cargo wire harness with a switch.

Reactions: mjhammer

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
156 Posts
I got wired this weekend. Solder was needed as my crimping skills failed the task.
Tiny LED wires from this light strip need to connect to wires in headlight assembly wiring harness.

The result was cool. Sequential amber directional flair is very cool.
If you have soldering skills, a gun and flux, this could be a $20 mod.
Instead of having Daytime Running Lights, I connected the white light wire to my parking lights.

Our headlight assembly has a perfect slot for this 24 inch LED strip.
Hidden under the hood, the clear plastic at the top of the headlight assembly allows light to emit.

I used painters tape to hold the lights in the slot so they became used to the twisting shape, before using the tape on bottom side of the light strip. I got them working before I secured them. These lights came with enough wire to reach the headlight harness. I would recommend this mod to all Soul owners.

·
Registered
✴️BING✴️ Toast's ready, pass the butter!
1,091 Posts
I got wired this weekend. Solder was needed as my crimping skills failed the task.
Tiny LED wires from this light strip need to connect to wires in headlight assembly wiring harness.
View attachment 136046
The result was cool. Sequential amber directional flair is very cool.
If you have soldering skills, a gun and flux, this could be a $20 mod.
Instead of having Daytime Running Lights, I connected the white light wire to my parking lights.
View attachment 136047
Our headlight assembly has a perfect slot for this 24 inch LED strip.
Hidden under the hood, the clear plastic at the top of the headlight assembly allows light to emit.
View attachment 136048
I used painters tape to hold the lights in the slot so they became used to the twisting shape, before using the tape on bottom side of the light strip. I got them working before I secured them. These lights came with enough wire to reach the headlight harness. I would recommend this mod to all Soul owners.
Which lights did you get? Have a link?
This was one of the very first mods I'd plan on doing when we got our Soul, but was worried that the hood would cover the light strips. Apparently these lights don't get covered by the hood. Are they bright enough during the day to serve as usuable DRLs? Do you have any pictures of the amber sequential lights going? The only other question I have is how long they'll last, but you wouldn't know the answer to that one just yet, LOL. They look good, thanks for sharing! 👍

1481 - 1500 of 1538 Posts