Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1361 - 1376 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Soul+ w/ Primo Package
127 Posts
Tint looks great! Pics of the shark fin? Link?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Soul3.jpg

The antenna was from Visual Garage.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Drove the Soul to San Luis Obispo Friday. Saturday up to Big Sur and back, and today to Montana De Oro beach then home. Excellent weather, and looks like the fire up in Big Sur is out. Only a couple fire trucks hanging around. Some blackened hillsides on the land side of the road, but otherwise all looked good. I guess most of the fire was inland in the mountains. Too bad I'm maybe $2-3 Mil short of having enough money to buy a place there. The scenery is awesome. A pic or 3 later after I download them from the camera and see them. Also need to check the final mileage.

Oh, the car was perfect. :D

·
Registered
801 Posts
It's hard to get a car in a shot with the ocean. The ocean is down below the road. In many places hundreds of feet down, I'll guess. I used to do a run from LA to Monterey to Laguna Seca every year on the moto to go to the Moto GP, World Superbike, AMA MC races. Gooood times. :D

I want to go on the bike again. There are some sections that are super windy and twisty. Be forewarned that in summer tourist season there are mucho RVs clogging the road, and tourists everywhere. The solution is simple, go before Memorial Day in May or after Labor Day in Sept. The main Big Sur area in the woods had a fair amount of traffic, but elsewhere it was not bad at all, this last weekend. Only saw a couple RVs and made room for a few MCs to get by me. I know I don't want to follow anyone else on the bike, or in the car for that matter. Just get outta my way! :p

Should have aimed camera a bit higher for the tree. Bit of ocean on the right.

100_5882.JPG

More ocean here. Some kind of construction going on. I think the bridge was at Big Creek, iirc.
100_5861.JPG

Gratuitous scenery shot, sans cars.

100_5843.JPG

Car did 640 miles in 3 days. Computer said gas mileage ~ 29 mpg today when I checked, better than my usual city driving. Not bad. It has done more miles on other trips. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Drove the Soul to San Luis Obispo Friday. Saturday up to Big Sur and back, and today to Montana De Oro beach then home. Excellent weather, and looks like the fire up in Big Sur is out. Only a couple fire trucks hanging around. Some blackened hillsides on the land side of the road, but otherwise all looked good. I guess most of the fire was inland in the mountains. Too bad I'm maybe $2-3 Mil short of having enough money to buy a place there. The scenery is awesome. A pic or 3 later after I download them from the camera and see them. Also need to check the final mileage.

Oh, the car was perfect. :D
Use to live around that area, went to High School in Salinas. Hiked around El Toro park & snuck onto the back area of Ft. Ord. You could also sneak along a dry creek and come up near one of the turns at Laguna Seca raceway. Beautiful area & hope to visit again 1 day with the wife to show her around.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Use to live around that area, went to High School in Salinas. Hiked around El Toro park & snuck onto the back area of Ft. Ord. You could also sneak along a dry creek and come up near one of the turns at Laguna Seca raceway. Beautiful area & hope to visit again 1 day with the wife to show her around.
Yes on the beautiful area. :D

Several years they routed MC traffic to the track through then closed Fort Ord. The boarded up barracks were kind of interesting. Last time thorough it was turned into a park, but some areas were closed off marked unexploded ordnance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found a drop in armrest that fits Gen 2 base models with standard transmission from AliExpress. $36. I'll let y'all know how that works out when it arrives.

·
Registered
2018 Soul + and 2012 Soul +
249 Posts
2018 Soul Plus, just purchased. Today I am installing rain guards, next I'll recieve the sun screen and side window treatments. I added a back of the seat passanger organizer that has a Tablet shelf, tissue and umbrella holders. The shelf folds up and out of the way when not in use. I through about 5 GB worth of music on a 16GB USB stick which now lives in the vehicle. I've ordered a leather steering wheel cover to match also.

Good times, man, good times.. :) Love this car. Will be getting new tires later in the week also. (oil change also, not needed according to window sticker, but I prefer synthetic and I have no clue what's in it.

H

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
775 Posts
Good times, man, good times.. :) Love this car. Will be getting new tires later in the week also. (oil change also, not needed according to window sticker, but I prefer synthetic and I have no clue what's in it.
May as well throw a bottle of Techron into the tank to clean those fuel injectors for good measure. Search "Techron" here to see why, plus it's the only fuel additive approved by Kia.

·
Registered
124 Posts
May as well throw a bottle of Techron into the tank to clean those fuel injectors for good measure. Search "Techron" here to see why, plus it's the only fuel additive approved by Kia.
If techron is unavailable, stp will work in a pinch, if you use chevron fuel, I've found not all chevrons carry the additive, and some areas techron is not available I've observed. Also, my 2018 million likes to be run hard here and there. You should get quite a few years out of the 2.0 and 6-speed auto.

·
Registered
775 Posts
If techron is unavailable, stp will work in a pinch, if you use chevron fuel, I've found not all chevrons carry the additive, and some areas techron is not available I've observed. Also, my 2018 million likes to be run hard here and there. You should get quite a few years out of the 2.0 and 6-speed auto.

Techron fuel system cleaner sold by Amazon

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yesterday I gave our Soul it's pre-winter cleaning and polishing. I also cleaned the interior since my wife likes to park it at her work underneath one of those trees that sheds little annoying leaves that get into the cabin with her. 😡

I also changed out the PCV (@20k miles) which was so dang easy and inexpensive to do I don't know why anyone would avoid replacing it regularly. The valve cost less than $10 and took ten minutes to replace. You will need a 13/16" socket if your engine is the 2.0L as the valve is recessed into the engine, but a wrench should be all you need if it's the 1.6L engine—each engine uses a different PCV valve and it's placed differently on each engine size.

The old PCV looked almost new, it smelled of oil, but had no oil/gunk/carbon build-up on or in it. I'm guessing adding an oil catch can wouldn't even make a difference for our engine? After replacing the PCV I drove the car around the neighborhood a bit and to me it felt peppy with a bit quicker throttle response than before. It could just be that I don't drive the car enough to be able to properly compare, so my wife & son—who drive it more than I do—need to test drive it to more accurately determine if replacing the valve made any real difference. Regardless, it was cheap and easy to do and I'll probably be swapping the PCV every 20k miles going forward.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Soul Plus 2.0 L | Inferno Red
14 Posts
In the past few days I added a red stitched shift cover boot, paint matched the trim on the shift knob, put on a steering wheel cover, and installed some silver and black pedals from a local Kia dealership (kia.parts) The accelerator pedal assembly is fully replaced in the process instead of just being covered.
Amazon just dropped off a cargo net so I'll have an easier time wrangling the groceries back there. Lol!
20201014_173034.jpg 20201013_104951.jpg

·
Registered
775 Posts
Amazon just dropped off a cargo net so I'll have an easier time wrangling the groceries back there. Lol!
My wife loves her cargo net and uses it all of the time, you'll love it too. Those pedals are sweet, nice change! 👍

Reactions: Soulful81

·
Registered
2015 Kia Soul Plus 2.0 L | Inferno Red
14 Posts
My wife loves her cargo net and uses it all of the time, you'll love it too. Those pedals are sweet, nice change! 👍
Thank you! I think I actually saw your Amazon review of the same cargo net that I was looking at, and that helped me decide. It fits great!

1361 - 1376 of 1376 Posts