Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1281 - 1300 of 1323 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where did you get the led tail lights? Everywhere I look is out of stock
EBay is your friend. I purchase most of my accessories there except for the cargo net, cargo weatherproof liner, and spare tire organizer. I got lucky and found those dirt cheap in a packaged deal on OfferUp.

On their way are factory mud guards and auto dimming with homelink rear view mirror...Also from eBay.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice auto ramps celron! I document the same as Neanderthal. I did snap a pic of the oil, filter & the odometer. Stapled it to the receipts for oil & filter. Into a 3 ring binder. After 6 years it's pretty full 😁
Sounds good to me(y) Wonder what Kia considers adequate (legal) for service documentation?:unsure: This is my Odometer with details..
Good Day

·
Registered
125 Posts
Changed PCV valve today,
No partucular reason,
Quite frankly, never looked at it before.
Just 6 years old...

Noticed a potential issue which would be a justification for oil catch can.

Soul been parked overnight without having engine started/running,
Inside of PCV valve should not have enough oil retained to drip/leak out.
The PCV valve mounted horizontally at the top of engine seems to have a slight declination bias toward the out end,
So, oil shot up inside the crankcase,
toward the PCV valve,
would have a tendency to pool at the valve,
rather than fall back into the crankcase,
until it passes through the PCV valve,
Whether by pressure or seepage.
That oil is finding its way to the intake and backside of valves.

Oil catch can provides a place to collect this oil.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
617 Posts
Betsy gotsa badge

A shiny chrome w/red enamel one, showing off her GDi-ness.

Now kids from all over the neighborhood come by and ask.
Is that really a "GDi" ?
And I say; Yep, Gas Direct injection, Baby!

* Provenience: South Korea > Hyundai Veloster > eBay > Me

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
69 Posts
Last weekend took the ole 1 mil to the beach, plugged through some very very loose sand didn't get stuck - gotta love how the soul takes anything short of rock crawling in stride

Then proceeded to pull out a 4x4 who was buried to the axles - The hamsters kia used must be related to Hercules...

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,895 Posts
Betsy gotsa badge

A shiny chrome w/red enamel one, showing off her GDi-ness.

Now kids from all over the neighborhood come by and ask.
Is that really a "GDi" ?
And I say; Yep, Gas Direct injection, Baby!

View attachment 134016

* Provenience: South Korea > Hyundai Veloster > eBay > Me
Looks great egak! Are those red reflectors in the foglight spots?

Up in WA I don't think that's legal on the front of a car.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
617 Posts
Looks great egak! Are those red reflectors in the foglight spots?

Up in WA I don't think that's legal on the front of a car.
I hope they're legal. I think so. They're yellow (so they say)!

Grote's *I'm not Groat

Groat.jpg

I am Groat!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,895 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
457 Posts
Found an absolute steal on eBay for the Exclaim LED tail light assemblies. $100 for both! Popped them in today, took less than 15 minutes, plug and play into my Plus model, work perfectly.
Are they different than the ones you already have, and how? Any before-and-after photos? Come on, show them off! 👍 😁

·
Registered
621 Posts
It was last weekend, but we took the Soul to Hemet, Idyllwild, and Temecula. Then on the way back to Lake Elsinore.
About 345 miles, car was perfect. somehow no Soul pics. But it was flag day.

100_3747.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
just thought it would be nice to have this for current, future and possible mods and such. I put some factory splash guards on and have sylvania zXe's coming tomorrow
I got mine with the dealer-installed LED headlight bulb upgrade. the hood deflector and side molding protection and Michelin tire upgrade, all worth it on my 2017 and just traded it for a 2020 and ordered same upgrades

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Replaced the spark plugs, way early at 48,919 miles.

What happened was that a week ago I noticed a bit of sluggishness and slightly-reduced MPG, and being from the days when you replaced spark plugs every 10,000 miles, I ordered a set. And then it occurred to me that the sluggishness and lost MPG coincided with my starting to use the A/C. DOH!

But since I already ordered them, I decided to install them and keep the old ones as hot spares. They're still usable. There's a bit of carbon around the electrodes and the gap was very slightly wider than new, both correctable problems.

Richard

·
Registered
186 Posts
I decided to install them and keep the old ones as hot spares. They're still usable.

Sorry, never heard that one:unsure: Good photos!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I decided to install them and keep the old ones as hot spares. They're still usable.

Sorry, never heard that one:unsure: Good photos!
Thanks. The phone has a super-macro mode. This was the first time I've used it.

Replacing working parts proactively and saving the old parts as spares is actually something I do quite often, although in this case it really wasn't necessary even proactively. I simply didn't think of the fact that I'd been using the A/C non-stop for a week or so. The pandemic is messing with my head, I guess.

More generally, however, I live in the boonies. If something essential fails and I need to get a replacement, it's never easy. So I like having spares. Replacing parts proactively and keeping the old, but usable parts as hot spares has worked well for me over the years, not just for car parts, but also things like furnace blower motors.

I even save old oil filters until I have another new one in stock. Once in a great while they leak around the seam. It's rare, but it does happen. So I always have a spare. Usually I have a new spare in stock because I tend to buy them in batches; but if not, I save the old one until I have a new spare.

It's a habit you acquire when you live a mile away from the Middle of Nowhere.

middle-of-nowhere.jpg

Richard

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Actually, i keep too much stuff according to my wife;)If it's not totally worthless, i keep it:rolleyes:
From Nowhere you must never get lost? o_O
Women save just as much stuff as men do. They just save different stuff.

How often do you hear someone say that their father threw out their baseball cards or their comic book collection? You don't. It never happens. Only women throw valuable stuff like that out. But they'll keep the flower from their wedding corsage until there's nothing left of it but the stem because moths have eaten the rest. Go figger.

No, I don't get lost often because all roads lead to nowhere.

Richard

1281 - 1300 of 1323 Posts