Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1201 - 1220 of 1267 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
New pads and rotors up front this morning, at 37,500 miles. Brake performance definitely had suffered within the last 5k miles but pads were at about just under 50% life left when I removed them, expected worse for how poorly they were performing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed OEM cruise control, tested out an OEM projector headlight on a my non-projector base, and opened the rear lift hate trim to see if the base was pre-wired for the factory backup camera (for which it is not:cry:).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Installed factory protector headlights and figured out which wires to splice. I also realized that the projectors slightly differ from 14-16 and 17-19. Also installed a Veloster CAI. Next up is the radio, pedal set, and mud guards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took a drive down, over Mulholland.

Went down and stuck my Skechers in the sand. Nice day out.
Mugu State Beach, right next to the Seabees Naval base.
Extra points if you can pronounce Port Hueneme without help. :sneaky:

View attachment 133118
Pronounced "why-kneee-me"
I'm from SoCal, but had to learn the correct pronunciation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll snap a photo in the daylight to show how I spliced the wires.

·
Registered
2019 Black Soul EX
6 Posts
My Red Zone Shifter and boot arrived today, AFTER I decided to stick with the silver accents D'OH!!! Well if anyone wants some easy speed...:censored:
13649_3.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's the splicing. It's the wire from the #4 pin to the #6 wire. Then use electric tape to cover the exposed #4 wire coming from the firewall.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,762 Posts
My Red Zone Shifter and boot arrived today, AFTER I decided to stick with the silver accents D'OH!!! Well if anyone wants some easy speed...:censored:
View attachment 133518
Dang, if it was for the 6 speed manual I'd take you up on it.

The new Forte GT 2020 comes with a MT version. 201hp turbo. Even has upgraded trim features. I'm hoping that will make it's way into the shared Soul GT turbo line (one can dream).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Tonight, about 100 miles in 2 1/2 hours in pouring rain and dark.
Had to pick up little sister from Airport and deliver her to Mom and Dads house.
City streets its hard to see the lines on the street. Freeway they are made of reflectors and oncoming headlights not in your eyes. Much better. Still, the driver was hating the drive. Wishing for a self driving car, or a chauffeur.

Staying on track, sort of.
The Soul did not miss a beat and has run through worse without a issue.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
558 Posts
Today was Sue's Birthday!
I bought her a pink 3-piece ...
PinkBetsy.jpeg

·
Registered
86 Posts
Took the time to perform a much needed exterior detail on the Soul. For 30+ years, I have always used Meguiar's products. I tried a couple of new ones; along with the "classics". They have never let me down, and I have always been impressed with the results.

"The Process:"
1) Washed vehicle using the "two bucket method" with a microfiber wash mitt and Meguair's Ultimate Wash N Wax.
G17748_WashNWax_10x10.png
2) Cleaned wheels & tires with Meguiar's Hot Rims Wheel & Tire Cleaner.
G9524_HRWheelTireClnr_10x10.png
3) Dry entire vehicle with a microfiber drying towel.

4) Using a D/A polisher and a polish pad, applied Meguiar's 3 In 1 Wax to correct slight surface flaws & clean off contaminants.
G191016_3in1Wax_Hero_web.png
5) Wiped off, and let cure for 24 hours before proceeding with next step of paint protection.

6) Applied Mequiar's Ultimate Protectant Spray to lower trim and rocker panel trim, grille areas and tires.
G14716_UltPrtctntSpry_10x10.png
7) Hand applied Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax two panels at a time, then wiped off with a microfiber towel. Also applied to wheels.
G200416_HybridCeramicLiquidWax_Fr.png

8) Stepped back to admire my work. :love:😀
IMG_20200419_104728.jpg IMG_20200419_104157.jpg IMG_20200419_105030.jpg IMG_20200419_105132.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,762 Posts
Took the time to perform a much needed exterior detail on the Soul. For 30+ years, I have always used Meguiar's products. I tried a couple of new ones; along with the "classics". They have never let me down, and I have always been impressed with the results.

1) Washed vehicle using the "two bucket method" with a microfiber wash mitt and Meguair's Ultimate Wash N Wax.
View attachment 133740
2) Cleaned wheels & tires with Meguiar's Hot Rims Wheel & Tire Cleaner.
View attachment 133731
3) Dry entire vehicle with a microfiber drying towel.

4) Using a D/A polisher and a polish pad, applied Meguiar's 3 In 1 Wax to correct slight surface flaws & clean off contaminants.
View attachment 133732
5) Wiped off, and let cure for 24 hours before proceeding with next step of paint protection.

6) Applied Mequiar's Ultimate Protectant Spray to lower trim and rocker panel trim, grille areas and tires.
View attachment 133733
7) Hand applied Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax two panels at a time, then wiped off with a microfiber towel. Also applied to wheels.
View attachment 133734

8) Stepped back to admire my work. :love:😀
View attachment 133735 View attachment 133736 View attachment 133737 View attachment 133742
VERY NICE SmoovC! Now there's some pride in ownership. Good job.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks GeoSoul; appreciate your feedback. 😊

·
Registered
117 Posts
Took the time to perform a much needed exterior detail on the Soul. For 30+ years, I have always used Meguiar's products....

Way more motivation than I have in me. The results do look nice though. I'm doing good if I wax my car a couple times a year.

I'm still new to using Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Car Wax - from having used Nu Finish car polish for several years (on a different car) but Nu Finish and all the black plastic trim on the KIA Soul don't like each other.

I'm pleased with how long Meguiars Ultimate has lasted (how long it is still causing water to bead), but unfortunately it seems the fumes made me really dizzy (having the garage door up and the back door open didn't provide enough ventilation). I think I will buy it again but will have to apply it outside.

Btw I really like the black paint along the edge of the roof, looks good with the body paint and in addition it balances out the lower body black trim. Like the rims too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
  • Installed the upgraded, factory touchscreen radio without UVO. If I'm looking at the back panel correctly, I think I can add a rear view camera using a Sorento-compatible kit (a possible future protect).

1201 - 1220 of 1267 Posts