86 Posts
@Hank3 that looks really good!! ? :love:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice rims!

I put on my favorite wiper blades

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Have you used them in the past, do they hold up? They're not that curved, are they? (the photo on the Amazon page looks unintentionally exaggerated)
I've also added to a shopping list for when I need to replace mine. ?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Have you used them in the past, do they hold up? They're not that curved, are they? (the photo on the Amazon page looks unintentionally exaggerated)
I've also added to a shopping list for when I need to replace mine.
I've been using these blades for years on other cars. This is the first time I've put them on the Soul - I actually put them on over a week ago. Had rain and snow a couple of times since and they work really well.

As for the curvature, they are a monoblade and are curved like all monoblades are, but when you install them, they confirm to the windshield. The other blade size you need for passenger side is the 20HK: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSEM1NL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
181 Posts
Had the oil (PennsPlat) changed today at 35,000 miles with Quaker State/Kia filter. Had less than 4K on the oil but since I plan on 5K intervals I wanted to get it on an easy to remember number. No oil needed to be added in the past 4K miles.

I have a Catch Can on the way and will be installing that next week. Figure it can't hurt and might help.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a Catch Can on the way and will be installing that next week. Figure it can't hurt and might help.

Which catch can did you end up getting?
I plan to add one myself after our lousy Chicago winter passes (no garage) along with changing the PCV (it's cheap @ ~$10), which I plan to replace every two years proactively.

I'm using a similar one, Bosch I believe, and love them. Intend to put a pair on the Accord shortly.

When I first got our Soul back in July I needed to replace the rear wiper before a roadtrip. I got a Bosch wiper and was so dissapointed that the connector hole was less than 1mm too large, keeping it from clicking onto the arm securely. I would have returned it to Amazon, but I was leaving the next morning. My quick-thinking solution was to pull the rubber blades from the Bosch's housing and use them in the original housing, just like in the good-'ole days when you could buy the blades separate of the housings. After this experience I can't help but question whether Bosch wipers are manufacturered by Bosch or if they're just stamping their name on a generic brand with less quality control. ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Kerig3, I ordered this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333045868176 and when i go to auto store to get hoses I intend to get a new PCV as well. I liked the construction of this one but if you look at other sellers who show the inside it doesn't look like it has as a good baffle to disperse the oil/vapor like some others brands . I'm thinking I can add a shield between the intake/outtake to make the air flow go down deeper before being drawn back thru the out hose. Also intend to put some copper wool to further disperse the vapors. Will let you know how it goes as its supposed to be here sometime today.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Which catch can did you end up getting?
I plan to add one myself after our lousy Chicago winter passes (no garage) along with changing the PCV (it's cheap @ ~$10), which I plan to replace every two years proactively.

When I first got our Soul back in July I needed to replace the rear wiper before a roadtrip. I got a Bosch wiper and was so dissapointed that the connector hole was less than 1mm too large, keeping it from clicking onto the arm securely. I would have returned it to Amazon, but I was leaving the next morning. My quick-thinking solution was to pull the rubber blades from the Bosch's housing and use them in the original housing, just like in the good-'ole days when you could buy the blades separate of the housings. After this experience I can't help but question whether Bosch wipers are manufacturered by Bosch or if they're just stamping their name on a generic brand with less quality control.
I just replaced mine with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSELZLL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It didn't really snap into place and I was concerned at first, but then realized that when the blade is rotated back into place, it locks in. Anyway, it works fine.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
New, to me, wheels! Bought these couple of years ago with winter tread. Wife liked them so much, she wanted them year around. I've been debating to buy new all season tires, but saw these mint identical wheels on Facebook with new tires and bought them for $400. Now the car looks the same year around, plus I still have factory wheels as backup.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm thinking I can add a shield between the intake/outtake to make the air flow go down deeper before being drawn back thru the out hose. Also intend to put some copper wool to further disperse the vapors.

Personally I wouldn't modify a catch can–you don't want to do anything to defeat the pressure that the PCV system properly produces or you might make the engine run rough or even throw a code. As for using a metal "wool" I personally would only use stainless steel and not too much of it. I've seen a lot of catch can videos where they add stainless steel kitchen pot scubbing pads, but they always pack it too tightly in my opinion. Again, you don't want to restrict airflow.

I even saw a video where some kid mistook metal wool to mean SOS pads...with soap! ?
Lucky for him the comment section brutally & ruthlessly showed him why that was a dumb idea.

That looks like a good catch can. I also want to make sure mine has a dipstick like yours. Here's an install video if you haven't yet seen it:

Let us know how it goes! ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
New, to me, wheels! Bought these couple of years ago with winter tread. Wife liked them so much, she wanted them year around. I've been debating to buy new all season tires, but saw these mint identical wheels on Facebook with new tires and bought them for $400. Now the car looks the same year around, plus I still have factory wheels as backup.
View attachment 133042
Nice deal. Depending on size some tires could cost more than that never mind the wheels.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Personally I wouldn't modify a catch can–you don't want to do anything to defeat the pressure that the PCV system properly produces or you might make the engine run rough or even throw a code. As for using a metal "wool" I personally would only use stainless steel and not too much of it. I've seen a lot of catch can videos where they add stainless steel kitchen pot scubbing pads, but they always pack it too tightly in my opinion. Again, you don't want to restrict airflow.

I even saw a video where some kid mistook metal wool to mean SOS pads...with soap! ?
Lucky for him the comment section brutally & ruthlessly showed him why that was a dumb idea.

That looks like a good catch can. I also want to make sure mine has a dipstick like yours. Here's an install video if you haven't yet seen it:

Let us know how it goes! ?
Getting set up to do mine when wx permits.Have obtained the hoses and clamps. After examining the Catch Can I find that the intake consists of a double layer baffle so no mods needed. However, one like mine needed a different way of attaching to the front where the one above in the video is attached so I have made an "L" bracket using the hole in the top of the can for a bolt, inasmuch as the filter is not used anyway. Have not yet drilled holes to attach the bracket to the front area. The "wool" i referred to is made of copper and is very loose weave, nothing like steel wool. They are made for use scrubbing kitchen pans. Some of us who reload or shoot lead bullets find them excellent using small pieces to scrub out the lead. Only intend to put small amount in.

The method of attachment of the one shown in the video appears much simpler than mine and are readily avail on Ebay. For some reason i wanted the fittings to be parallel and the one above isn't! LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
The CBBs are amazing!

1181 - 1200 of 1267 Posts