Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
"The Pinks have never been driven! We only put them on when we park."
Under my fluffy steering wheel cover, there is the optional leather wheel. However, after some getting used to it while turning,i really like feel. It's almost too soft:D Always removed it for the dealer oil change;) The pink color would be for truckerso_O

·
Registered
473 Posts
Today, i changed the oil & filter for the first time in 5 years (no dealership). Removing the filter without the 79mm cap style wrench was tricky(y) Now, i'm documenting the story :unsure:

·
Registered
473 Posts
GeoSoul, Yes, i removed the plastic cover(y) As i'm waiting for the 79mm cap filter wrench..made another stab at using the old band style wrench. Just duct taped some of the spongy shelf liner around the old filter. Well,that provided the grip to hank that sucker loose! Filled the new filter and turned that baby on tight!;) Filled the crankcase with Castrol Edge (GDI) 5W-30. Good to go...🚗

·
Registered
473 Posts
Geosoul, Good Job! I did remove the plastic engine cover:confused: since i was not sure to get the 79mm socket wrench. Also, i wanted to get a good look at the naked underside of the engine:D For me, it's the first time to have the oil fill actually on the full mark! (without having to pump out the excess overfill)

·
Registered
473 Posts
How did you document the Oil Change? I started with a photo file of various images to compile along with text. Might have it notarized!o_O Then,put it in storage for future potential battles!;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice auto ramps celron! I document the same as Neanderthal. I did snap a pic of the oil, filter & the odometer. Stapled it to the receipts for oil & filter. Into a 3 ring binder. After 6 years it's pretty full 😁
Sounds good to me(y) Wonder what Kia considers adequate (legal) for service documentation?:unsure: This is my Odometer with details..
Good Day

·
Registered
473 Posts
I decided to install them and keep the old ones as hot spares. They're still usable.

Sorry, never heard that one:unsure: Good photos!

·
Registered
473 Posts
FYI, i'm a lefty and rest my elbow on the door arm rest while driving (y). So,i cut a garden knee pad covered it with a sock and glued it to rest my elbow/arm while driving:sneaky: Not pretty,but you can't buy it:LOL:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts