Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Bought it 1 week ago and today got a chance to go for a 100+ mile run in the mountains.
Didn't push the envelope or anything, but did get to try out the manual shift function.
Makes for a peppier car. Cool.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Kia motors

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The built in jukebox in the UVO system could be larger, it does not hold all that much.
I saw someone said they devoted it to one genre, and everything else goes on a usb.
I decided the jukebox in the car will be all Frank Zappa, and the rest goes on usb.

Don't eat the yellow snow. :snowman:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Replaced the tire mobility goo kit for a donut spare tire kit @$200 the other day.
Today installed front seat covers, and got most of the way through installing the rear. Just have to deal with the split seat thing and rear headrest.Here is before and after in 1 pic. Fits pretty darn good for $38.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Installed a 70MAI dashcam, small and hides most of the way behind the rear view mirror. Threaded the power cord behind the cabin air filter outer cover...then snaked it around the lower central consol & popped out so can plug into USB plug.
I found that the wire slips in at the top of the windshield fine. But, when I got to the corner, the space was not there. I did not want to take anything apart. Found a couple dime size suction cups with little hooks in the garage. Free way to corral the wires.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Finally got the hard wire kit sorted and working for my dash cam.
Tucked wires away behind the headliner, a pillar cover, and down to the fusebox.
It's amazing how much time small jobs can eat up. But it's done, and I'm happy.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Went to do a job in Silver Lake part of town. There are crazy steep hills there. Should have took a pic of that one that said 22% incline.
Going up some of those the car seemed to not be sure which gear to shift into. Like it was confused by the steep hill.
Moving the lever left into manual mode takes care of that and the car goes right on up no problem.
Not sure how that would go if it snowed here. :indecisiveness:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Drove an hour to pick up these OEM wheels for FREE! Found an owner on FB marketplace who sold his Kia Soul and wanted these out of his garage. Two wheels have some light curb rash, and two were perfect. Already dropped them off for powder coating and should get them back in a week or two. These were always my favorite OEM 18" wheel design on the Soul.
What a deal! Those are not cheap.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Opened the hood and found a telescoping rod with a magnet, likely left by Pep Boys when I got a new battery recently. Keeping it.

Got an oil change from the dreaded Jiffy Lube. Car had 68,008 miles, they put 66,006 on the invoice and say to come back in 3,750 miles.
So if I went by the window sticker I'd be back in 1,750 miles.
Threw out the window sticker. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Took off the cover to go to the store, and set it on the driveway by the garage door.
Came back 1/2 hour or so later and found some poor excuse for a human stole it.
It was 3 years old and dirty in the wheels area as it is too big for the washing machine.
Still can't fix stupid. :mad-new:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Three day road trip to Yosemite. Tioga Pass Rd is still closed for snow removal, which was disappointing. Plan B was Hetch Hetchy. Didn't find the reservoir, did find a power plant and the rivers and waterfalls were raging! The Soul was great, never missed a beat in 730 miles. Rolling the long upgrades at 70+ and AC on, the temp gauge did not budge. :victorious: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Kia soul

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I just ran a power line for the camera between the windshield and headliner, behind the A pillar, and to the fusebox. The only visible part is by the mirror. I would not mind another USB port though. And it lights up I see. :apple:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I used a hole saw (drill bit),

Just a quick trip to Harbor Freight, and you have a set of them in different sizes. You can then keep them around for another job, sooner or later they will be handy. Yep, this is how I ended up with so many damn tools in the garage, and I don't need them for work that I get paid for. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Decided to skip the airports and road trip it to AR this year. Just starting to make a setup for car camping. Twin size air mattress could be slightly shorter. But it will work. Next I need to get plywood and make a simple platform. :)

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Trunk Van

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Prepping for a road trip with car camping along the way. Got a twin size air mattress from WalMart for $8 + tax, and a set of sheets with pillowcase to fit for $5 or $6. Old piece of plywood from the garage that is about 30" x 44", and a couple drop cloths from the garage to protect the car and the mattress from the wood. Already have a battery air pump.

Don't think I need to go with any more involved platform or even a larger piece of plywood. This seems to work and felt comfortable on a brief test lay down in the back of the car. I am OK with the head end being a little higher than the foot end of the bed. It will be a solo trip, so should be plenty of room for me and my stuff. ?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Trunk
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk City car

1 - 20 of 130 Posts