Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 1181 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought it would be nice to have this for current, future and possible mods and such. I put some factory splash guards on and have sylvania zXe's coming tomorrow

·
Registered
344 Posts
I want splash guards! The last thing I did to my soul was wash and wax it last week. Well, I paid some small Hispanic man at the gas station to wash it, then I waxed it. They do so good cleaning, but I got tired of them getting wax all over the plastics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theyre super easy to install, amazon has them for about 60. I figure if it saves my paint from something even once or twice, its worth it. I'm excited to do the zXe bulbs tomorrow

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Hey AZ, I put the factory mudguards on mine day one. I bought them at the dealer after I signed the car papers. I should have made that part of the deal but didn't think of it, so they charged me $80, derrr.

They offered to put them on for free but I would have had to wait another hour & I had been there almost 4 already buying the car & trading in my old one, so I told them I'd do it myself.

I ended up having to take the back tires off because I couldn't find my Z shaped phillips head for that upper screw. Of course I did find it a few minutes after I was done!

These mudguards really do help for those small rocks that get thrown up on the underside of the fenders.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks really bright
it is very much more bright. I am kicking myself for not taking the before picture

Hey AZ, I put the factory mudguards on mine day one. I bought them at the dealer after I signed the car papers. I should have made that part of the deal but didn't think of it, so they charged me $80, derrr.

They offered to put them on for free but I would have had to wait another hour & I had been there almost 4 already buying the car & trading in my old one, so I told them I'd do it myself.

I ended up having to take the back tires off because I couldn't find my Z shaped phillips head for that upper screw. Of course I did find it a few minutes after I was done!

These mudguards really do help for those small rocks that get thrown up on the underside of the fenders.
yeah I've noticed that already. there's a lot of gravel on the roads here so I was concerned. The install was so easy, I would never have someone do it. I manged to do it with a small tool i keep on my keychain that has a Phillips head

·
Registered
18 Posts
I added some 3M wheel guards to the other edge of my rims.

I also ordered the splash guards off of Amazon but the holes do not line up.

Next on my list is an interior kit to replace most of the shiny black plastic trim with shiny red plastic. I will likely not replace everything (too much color!) But enough to make it look good. So doors, vents, top of shifter, bottom of steering wheel. Not sure about the center console trim.

What I am thinking of doing is getting an inferno red touch up kit and painting the raised black ovals on the grill in front. Probably do a mockup in Photoshop first to test the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got Weather Tech front mats in my car and really like them. OEM mats didn't have enough coverage, snow was melting into the carpet up front. WTs are much better and they dropped right in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I added some 3M wheel guards to the other edge of my rims.

I also ordered the splash guards off of Amazon but the holes do not line up.

Next on my list is an interior kit to replace most of the shiny black plastic trim with shiny red plastic. I will likely not replace everything (too much color!) But enough to make it look good. So doors, vents, top of shifter, bottom of steering wheel. Not sure about the center console trim.

What I am thinking of doing is getting an inferno red touch up kit and painting the raised black ovals on the grill in front. Probably do a mockup in Photoshop first to test the look.
Those red lines around the outside of the rim look amazing! and thats a nice red, the extra stuff will probably look awesome. did you get the OEM splash guards? I got mine form amazon and had no issues at all.

I've got Weather Tech front mats in my car and really like them. OEM mats didn't have enough coverage, snow was melting into the carpet up front. WTs are much better and they dropped right in.
how much did they run you? those will probably be my next purchase

·
Registered
18 Posts
They were listed as OEM splash guards and came from Korea. The holes do not line up and I am in contact with the Korean seller.

They said they have received some complaints so they may have sent the wrong product.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They were listed as OEM splash guards and came from Korea. The holes do not line up and I am in contact with the Korean seller.

They said they have received some complaints so they may have sent the wrong product.
maybe they sent you the gen I ones. mine was an american seller for sure

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 20 of 1181 Posts