Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1941 - 1955 of 1955 Posts

·
Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
674 Posts
Installed the new plugs and wires. Upgraded the ground on the passenger side as well. Earlier this year I replaced the battery and upgraded the ground on the driver's side. Bought new belts and hoses and pcv. Gotta park my molten for those.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Installed front brakes/rotors and rear brakes on the wife's 2012 Soul+. I put a Bug Deflector on her '21 Soul earlier this week.

I painted the calipers a couple years ago, but had to paint the rotors today before I installed them, I hate rust...

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 soul Fwd wagon....
19 Posts
I bought my soul about 3 weeks ago, for the most part I really love this car! I got it detailed about 4-5 days ago and put those like "shades" for the windows to keep out the rain and I can leave the windows down about an inch so the car doesn't heat up so much when it's parked. My Soul was pretty "loaded" with options when I got it, I looked for one for nearly 4 months but I found one w/ a Moon/Sun roof, sport "honey-comb" wheels, am/fm cd player etc.....I would like to know where other Soul owners get together for an outing for a "cruise"....Take Care, Stay Safe & Drive Careful.....

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul !
17 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Nobody does anything to or for their Gen 1 Soul anymore 😕

But I did, I changed the oil in my 2011, and gave it a wash, quick vacuum, wiped down the interior, then used Turtle Wax Ice spray wax and now she’s nice and shiny.

2011 Soul, 2.0L Beta II

133,500 miles, 3,500 on the oil.

Out: Pennzoil blend high mileage, Kia filter.
In: 1.5 quarts, Pennzoil blend high mileage, 3 quarts Quaker State All Mileage, Kia filter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nobody does anything to or for their Gen 1 Soul anymore 😕

But I did, I changed the oil in my 2011, and gave it a wash, quick vacuum, wiped down the interior, then used Turtle Wax Ice spray wax and now she’s nice and shiny.

2011 Soul, 2.0L Beta II

133,500 miles, 3,500 on the oil.

Out: Pennzoil blend high mileage, Kia filter.
In: 1.5 quarts, Pennzoil blend high mileage, 3 quarts Quaker State All Mileage, Kia filter.
I changed all the drive belts on my 2010 soul + and put new rotors and brake pads on the front. Washed it and vacuumed it. 147,000 miles and running smooth.

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
750 Posts
Wow only 50k miles on your Soul +. I wish the 2nd Gen offered the manual with the 2.0L. The 1.6L is a little slow at times.
I got lucky. Called a dealership on a whim and he had exactly what I wanted. He brought it to my house for a test drive and I picked it up the next day.
The 2.0L w/164 HP is quick for an economy car. Drove it cross country loaded to the max. and it did great.
I still can't stand the clutch delay valve though.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I still can't stand the clutch delay valve though.
Same. It can be annoying. I still haven’t done the delete yet. I want to but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Hopefully I’ll stop being lazy sometime and go outside and do it.

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
750 Posts
Same. It can be annoying. I still haven’t done the delete yet. I want to but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Hopefully I’ll stop being lazy sometime and go outside and do it.
I'm almost due for new brakes. I'm thinking that might be a good time to have it done. I'm also out of warranty now.

1941 - 1955 of 1955 Posts