Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1901 - 1919 of 1919 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm curious to read the specs to learn more. Thanks.
I made a thread elsewhere.

·
Registered
435 Posts
just over 150k, changed m/t oil, 75w90, the check / fill plug is near the slave cylinder, the drain is under the differential, both are sideways facing away from the engine. 17mm

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
477 Posts
Yesterday bought(with Kia Money) 4 new Nokian WG R4 All Weather tires. Got 72,000 out of the originals. Not bad for factory tires.
Those are nice tires Kia bought you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For the first time in six years, I took my car to my Kia dealer for an oil change.
My reason was because I fell down last week and pretty seriously injured myself, so doing an oil change was just not on my current schedule.
FLH, hope your injury wasn't too serious and that you're on the mend.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Today I did a front seat swap. A while ago I picked up a set of front seats out of a 13', today I installed them. From my old ones I needed to use the tracks from each one as they had different sensors attached (on welded brackets), and I had to rewire the seat heaters as the newer ones are dual temperature and mine were single, at least the air bags were the same. The foam in my seats was severely degraded and the covers (with glow in the dark SOUL lettering) were quite dingy. I went for a LONG drive afterward and it felt SOOOO good. As an added bonus the new seat had a arm rest (didn't notice when I bought them)! If anyone needs air bags or any of the sensors send me a message, I am quite reasonable.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Today I did a front seat swap. A while ago I picked up a set of front seats out of a 13', today I installed them. From my old ones I needed to use the tracks from each one as they had different sensors attached (on welded brackets), and I had to rewire the seat heaters as the newer ones are dual temperature and mine were single, at least the air bags were the same. The foam in my seats was severely degraded and the covers (with glow in the dark SOUL lettering) were quite dingy. I went for a LONG drive afterward and it felt SOOOO good. As an added bonus the new seat had a arm rest (didn't notice when I bought them)! If anyone needs air bags or any of the sensors send me a message, I am quite reasonable.
Pretty cool you got an arm rest. I have a 2013 and no arm rest (I use the add-on console as my arm rest). What model(s) had a built-in arm rest? I just did the bottom seat foam in my seat, so it's not like I'll be doing any seat swap any time soon but it's good info to have when the 2012 starts wearing down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pretty cool you got an arm rest. I have a 2013 and no arm rest (I use the add-on console as my arm rest). What model(s) had a built-in arm rest? I just did the bottom seat foam in my seat, so it's not like I'll be doing any seat swap any time soon but it's good info to have when the 2012 starts wearing down.
It seemed like way too much work for me to replace the foam. The heater was stuck quite good and the seats were quite dirty anyway. I have no idea what model it was, as the yard had two to choose from and the other had leather interior(which I don't care for).

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nice. That's a nice seat. The arm rest falls in the same place as the optional console so it wouldn't change things for me but it looks good in your car.

If your car makes it that far, replacing the seat foam is a piece of cake. I posted a thread here on it. I think I said it took me 1-2 hours including clean up time. Alternatively you can order the entire seat bottom with the seat base and fabric already on it, in which case you're talking about a 15 minute job. My upholstery was in nice condition so I didn't go that route.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice. That's a nice seat. The arm rest falls in the same place as the optional console so it wouldn't change things for me but it looks good in your car.

If your car makes it that far, replacing the seat foam is a piece of cake. I posted a thread here on it. I think I said it took me 1-2 hours including clean up time. Alternatively you can order the entire seat bottom with the seat base and fabric already on it, in which case you're talking about a 15 minute job. My upholstery was in nice condition so I didn't go that route.
I saw your thread on the cushion swap and thought it was a very good write-up. The original seats have nearly 400,000KM on them and I don't think I'll be doing this again LOL. If I had to complain about something it would be I now sit at least 2" higher and have to recline the back a little more for my comfort.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I saw your thread on the cushion swap and thought it was a very good write-up. The original seats have nearly 400,000KM on them and I don't think I'll be doing this again LOL. If I had to complain about something it would be I now sit at least 2" higher and have to recline the back a little more for my comfort.
Thanks - and I noticed the exact same thing after I did the foam. My seat is a little higher than it was.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Changed both front wheel bearings / dust shields, ball joints and front exhaust pipe. The exhaust pipe was a PITA but not terrible once a couple things were out of the way. Now I have to find where the tranny oil goes as I lost about 1/2 quart.
check this YouTube link out. It's a link on youtube that walks you through a transmission fluid change.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,537 Posts
OIl and filter Friday. Took in Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic 5/20. Had them change engine air filter.

They wanted $40!! for the cabin air filter, I said fuggeddaboutit I'll deal with it at Amazon or Walrus World for under ten bucks.

MPG is down one or two with the new filter and oil, don't know what that's about. I'd just filled up before the O&F, same gas I usually use.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Today I finished Detailing the interior of my car. 2 weeks ago i had a 7 inch Alpine touch screen stereo installed. 3 weeks ago I converted my projector beam headlights to LED . Next week will upgrade fog lights to LED.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not today but within the last week or so changed oil on the 2010 Sport(154,000) cleaned the battery grounds on both Souls, and to stop the loss of coolant on the 2010 I replaced the radiator cap. Couldn't find any leaks and the overflow was always full. Radiator was about a pint to a quart low once a week. Couldn't think of anything else and it seems to have done the trick. Original cap from 2010.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Noticed a little noise in the front end which I thought was ANOTHER wheel bearing so I decided to change to the summer wheels as well. It turned out the axle nut backed off 1/4 turn even though I peened the nut in place. Re did it all again and all is good.

1901 - 1919 of 1919 Posts