Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1861 - 1880 of 1901 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Something I will never do again. Changed all three radiator hoses and antifreeze. Biggest pain the the butt in years. Admittedly I went two years long on the change but getting the original spring clamps off was a nightmare. Rusted or otherwise frozen in place especially the lower hose to radiator one. Had to cut it with a Mototool and everyone knows how much room there is there. 2 1/2 hours just for that one and another hour to reattach the new screw clamp. Others not quite as bad but still stuck. Turned into a 6 hour job when I thought about 3 would be right. AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Something I will never do again. Changed all three radiator hoses and antifreeze. Biggest pain the the butt in years. Admittedly I went two years long on the change but getting the original spring clamps off was a nightmare. Rusted or otherwise frozen in place especially the lower hose to radiator one. Had to cut it with a Mototool and everyone knows how much room there is there. 2 1/2 hours just for that one and another hour to reattach the new screw clamp. Others not quite as bad but still stuck. Turned into a 6 hour job when I thought about 3 would be right. AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
:mad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Changed both front wheel bearings / dust shields, ball joints and front exhaust pipe. The exhaust pipe was a PITA but not terrible once a couple things were out of the way. Now I have to find where the tranny oil goes as I lost about 1/2 quart.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Today I put new front pads on the 2012. No big deal there. Now all four are new. Last week I replaced all four wheel brakes on the 2010 and two rear rotors. Had one hard time removing the rear rotors. The parking brake was a mass of rust and corrosion. Took a good look and decided that since my daughter never uses the parking brake and taking into account the amount of work and money to fix it, I just took the air cutter and removed all the guts from both sides. Problem solved. Rest was easy.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
I drove my 2020 Soul to work at the Kia Dealership and drove it back home playing megadeth ( this is my life ) the song lol
Wrong forum, this needs to be in Gen 3. I know the titles are confusing, I will see if I can fix that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The parking brake was a mass of rust and corrosion. Took a good look and decided that since my daughter never uses the parking brake and taking into account the amount of work and money to fix it, I just took the air cutter and removed all the guts from both sides. Problem solved. Rest was easy.
I did this as well for a couple months but replaced everything eventually as we have a yearly safety inspection. It was not cheap!

·
Registered
266 Posts
And the most annoying thing is now somewhere there is a small leak as it looses about 8 ounces of antifreeze a week. With as tight as the hoses were to put on I can't see how it leaks. Have to get under it this weekend and look. Nothing evident from the top

·
Registered
43 Posts
Year, trim, tranny?
At some point early on they discontinued a transmission dipstick/fill tube and replaced it with a plug bolt. (like a differential) View attachment 132288
MIne is a 5 speed. Today I dropped the rest of the oil and filled with new. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find the proper oil but one place did for $60 for 2L. I had lost more than I thought before and I was running the car with only 3/4 of a quart in it for more than 2 weeks.

No silly inspections in beautiful Illinois. Just hand over the cash for the license and all is well
I don't mind the yearly. It keeps the junk off the roads.

·
Registered
266 Posts
MIne is a 5 speed. Today I dropped the rest of the oil and filled with new. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find the proper oil but one place did for $60 for 2L. I had lost more than I thought before and I was running the car with only 3/4 of a quart in it for more than 2 weeks. View attachment 132414

I don't mind the yearly. It keeps the junk off the roads.
I probably wouldn't either except here in the Land of the Crooked I am sure passes could be easily bought.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I probably wouldn't either except here in the Land of the Crooked I am sure passes could be easily bought.
I used to work with enforcement and one year someone was printing and selling stickers. They were caught because the real ones are reverse printed and stick on the inside of the window. The fakes were printed normally and stuck outside of the window and the colors ran when wet. :D:D

1861 - 1880 of 1901 Posts