Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

What did you do for or with your new Soul today?

79K views 843 replies 103 participants last post by  rhysoul 
#1 · (Edited)
Today, I took 'Jem' for a little jaunt (about 75 miles) out to Cedar Key on the Gulf coast. It was a nice day for a re-visit. I had not been there since the last hurricane hit the place.
Bikers love the place, as it's a nice destination for a 'Ride'.
(click on pictures to enlarge)

Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Transport Car

Water transportation Ferry Transport Vehicle Boat

Along Restaurant Row, there are at least four eating places and they all serve Beer. It's a Bikers' paradise. lol
Today, at least one place had live entertainment.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer day, and Jem ran like the Jewel she is. My odometer rolled over past 1000 miles today and got 34.4 Mpg for the trip, according to the 'Trip Meter'.
Pretty darned good for a car that's not even broken in yet. I can't wait to get my K&N Air Cleaner for this car. That should give her a little more SCAT!

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
Happy Trails!

:cool:

See less See more
#343 ·
Cooler air is fine, but we don't see a lot of dry air around here. The temp was still around 80 F when I made the above mentioned run.
I wonder how much the nay sayers are paid to constantly yell "Snake Oil" no matter what we use?

Everything I use is tried and tested, by the experts, and by me, over many years, so just stop yelling "Snake Oil". You're just making a fool out of yourself.!!!
And some fool in the cheap seats yelling "Snake Oil" sure is NOT going to change what I use in my own car.
FLH :cool:

#345 ·
Cooler air is fine, but we don't see a lot of dry air around here. The temp was still around 80 F when I made the above mentioned run.
I wonder how much the nay sayers are paid to constantly yell "Snake Oil" no matter what we use?
View attachment 134988

Everything I use is tried and tested, by the experts, and by me, over many years, so just stop yelling "Snake Oil". You're just making a fool out of yourself.!!!
And some fool in the cheap seats yelling "Snake Oil" sure is NOT going to change what I use in my own car.
Only a sad person turns to personal attacks to prove a point. I like you, but you do let your temper guide your words I see it over and over on this forum. I would never call you a fool or stupid, I was raised better than that.

A drop in K&N air filter is fine for wash and re-use but added power is questionable at best. I have a drop in K&N in my 2007 Ford Ranger that I added when new and it didn't do squat for added acceleration or MPG. I have one in my Victory Cross Country motorcycle but it's an entire intake system replacement, that added acceleration and MPG. Adding a drop in K&N is nothing more than an expensive replacement filter.

You want to have a civil conversation I'm all in, you want to resort to name calling then you're just another keyboard commando.

#351 ·
Do you hand wash it yourself?
I prefer to do that, but the weather this year has not been conducive to my doing that.
It's been rain + mud, rain + mud, all summer long.
The guys at my dealership do a pretty good job, so this time I'll just let them do it. No big deal, and it's FREE.
Happy Trails!

#352 ·
Do you hand wash it yourself?
I prefer to do that, but the weather this year has not been conducive to my doing that.
It's been rain + mud, rain + mud, all summer long.
The guys at my dealership do a pretty good job, so this time I'll just let them do it. No big deal, and it's FREE.
Happy Trails!
Yes, 2 buckets. The car wash guys make the guys in the pits look like nuclear scientists. Little rocks and rags do not mix well with paint .......seen many free car washes ending up to be thousands in damage......And they always pull a Shaggy..."It wasn't me"

#359 ·
She has been sitting in the garage a lot the past several months, so I took her out for a nice 100-mile leaf-peeping loop through Mennonite farm country. Took the wife along, too.

Here, we stopped at the Casselman Bridge, an original structure of the National Road (Rt 40) from Cumberland MD to Vandalia IL. I did a travelogue on the National Road a few years ago and posted it on my website: http://www.michaelelyard.com/Rt 40 West Virginia to Illinois.htm

Then I gave her a good sponge-bath with warm suds. (The car. I offered, but the wife didn't feel comfortable having me soap her down in the driveway for everyone to see. LOL)

Reactions: eGAK009
#360 · (Edited)
Then I gave her a good sponge-bath with warm suds. (The car. I offered, but the wife didn't feel comfortable having me soap her down in the driveway for everyone to see. LOL)

View attachment 135024
Well that's a different take on the ol' carwash pnoman.

For some reason I can hear this in the background :love:

#363 ·
Yesterday, I took my Soul into my KIA Dealer for its 15k Oil Change and maintenance.
The service tech determined that I also needed a tire rotation. It was not on the schedule, but he got the permission to go ahead and do it, from the Svc. manager. And just like the oil & filter change, it was done for FREE.
I also got the FREE car wash, and my windshield hasn't been so clean all summer. (y) (y) (y)(y)

Cheers Mates!

#364 ·
Yesterday, I took my Soul into my KIA Dealer for its 15k Oil Change and maintenance.
The service tech determined that I also needed a tire rotation. It was not on the schedule, but he got the permission to go ahead and do it, from the Svc. manager. And just like the oil & filter change, it was done for FREE.
I also got the FREE car wash, and my windshield hasn't been so clean all summer. (y) (y) (y)(y)

Cheers Mates!
Didn't you buy a maintenance package when you bought the car? Not really free just convenient for you.

#366 · (Edited)
State Inspections? That's what you get for living in such a state.
There are NO State Inspections for personal cars in Florida.
And, NO state income tax, and NO snow, and it's a "Right to work state".

With all the problems you have, why are you so quick to criticize me?
I'm doing just fine.

Yes, I bought the extended maintenance contract, along with my car. It combines with KIA's Warranty to virtually pay for Everything my car needs for several years to come.
Why weren't you smart enough to do that?
Please don't move to FL.....we've got enough Yankees with bad attitudes moving down here, to get away from high taxes and stupid regulations.

#372 ·
My dad always called that color "baby poop yellow"
I'd just call it Salad Mustard Yellow.
No matter what you'd want to call it, I would NEVER own a car painted that color.
And I can't stand Salad Mustard.
Sorry, it's nothing personal.
Happy Trails Mates!

#374 ·
My dad always called that color "baby poop yellow"
I'd just call it Salad Mustard Yellow.
No matter what you'd want to call it, I would NEVER own a car painted that color.
And I can't stand Salad Mustard.
Sorry, it's nothing personal.
Happy Trails Mates!
FLH, what did your dad feed you as a baby?? :D:p

Under certain lighting, it looks earthier and pukier, almost cedar yellow-green. It's not a kelly green. I had some hesitation when I first saw it under full midday sun at the dealer lot.

But usually, it's a very happy colour to me, kind of high-techy, and it's easy to find! :) I think my photos here show it best. hehe New 2020 Space Green EX Premium

#381 ·
All I did for my little Jem, today, was to take her for a little road trip. It was actually a Pizza run.
By the time I got back home, I had driven 52 miles, and the car reported that I got 38.6 mpg for the trip.
"I love it when a plan comes together".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.