Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

161 - 180 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
620 Posts
cant outdo - ol'whiteduder so I am straight OEM... got an oil change yesteday at 35+k comped by my Kia Service Mgr... good dude George
I liked that line, so I stold it! That's what rappers do.
With credit ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, that was a da** short winter! It was 85 degrees here today. So, I won't be entering into any conversations about how to drive in snow. lol
I was counting Soul's on the road today and I gave up at 12. I did see a lot of other models with that same oval KIA emblem on them. KIA is a really big seller around here.

Welcome to 2020, , , this should be an interesting year.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Yup, winter seems to be quickly fading into the distance. At least here in Central FL. (I saw it was snowing in Des Moines today)
Last night we had the first thunder storm of 2020., with a lightning bolt that knocked out all my digital clocks.
This morning my yard was full of Robins. A sure sign of Spring.

I had to go into town today, for a blood draw at the VA Lab, and I filled up Jem's gas tank at a Wawa station while I was in town. I noticed that my Odometer reading was about 8750 miles, close to time for my next Oil Change.
So when I got home, I called my Kia Dealer, got a hold of my favorite Service Writer, Dave, and scheduled my 9000 mile oil change for next Friday. That will be on Valentines Day! I'm quite sure that I'll have 9k on her by then.
And, then, it's a 30 mile trip down to Crystal River and Citrus Kia, my Kia dealer.

I also asked him if he's had any complaints about the IVT, and he said "NO, Not yet!"
And, mine is performing admirably.

I was working my way over into the high speed lane of I-75 on my way home from town, a few days ago, and I just happened to glance at the digital speedometer and I was amazed and terrified at the same time....it said 116 MPH.
Thank Goodness I was already in the high speed lane and ready to slow down a little.
My little "Jem" just LOVES to RUN! I keep telling her, "Woah Girl! Woah Girl!" I'm almost sure that I hear her giggling when I tell her that. I'm just afraid that she's going to get us both jailed.??

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
FL Hamster :cool:

·
Registered
620 Posts
The weather's mild.
Thought about washing Betsy.
Didn't.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,900 Posts
Reactions: eGAK009

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Geo, I know where you live, and you don't get your weather form the lower US. Blame Russia! lol

Good health and happy motoring to ya!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sometimes our rain has the scent of pineapples.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I took a little trip today, on local streets and highways, with speed never exceeding 60 mph. When I got back I looked at my trip meter, and it said I had gone 52 miles, @ an average of 40.6 MPG. It seems like, as my little Jem gets broken in, she just keeps running betterer and betterer! In just two more days, I'll take Jem in for her third (9000 mi.) oil change.
She always seems to pick up a little, after an oil change.

I noticed today, on my trip, that every gas station I passed was selling regular gasoline for $2.16 per gal.
I also saw at least 6 2020 Souls on the roads. They seem to be selling well. And, so far, I've seen just one on a Used Car lot. ???

Happy Valentines Day!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Today, (2-13-2020) as is my usual, before going to my dealer for service, I decided to get some of the winter's grime off of the car, mostly the tires and wheels. The car wash guy at my dealer, will wash the car, but he never really gets the wheels clean. The steel wheels are supposed to be black but the weather and sun turns them grey.

Yup, this was taken before cleaning.

But after a little time, and a lot of elbow grease, , , ,

And, a can of Maguiar's HOT SHINE, brings out the best.
I've still not found the custom wheel covers that I want for this car. Someday!

Happy Valentines Day, Everyone!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Flash is right!

Well, I finally got down to my Kia Dealer today,for my third (9K mile) oil change.
They had an upgrade for my Electronic Steering, which was also performed.
I got a chance to talk to the technician who did the upgrade. He asked me about the 'thing' I had plugged into my ODB II port, and I explained to him that it is my "Scan Gauge II", and he asked me where he could get one.

I even got a chance to sit down for a short chat with the new Service Manager. He told me they have not had any problems with the IVT on the 2020 Soul. He did mention one CSV problem on some older Kia, but not ever on a Soul.

He also agreed with me on the 3000 mile oil change, being a good idea here in FL, where every car is driven under Severe conditions. (it that dang Sugar Sand)
It was nice, to finally have a chance to get acquainted with the new Service Manager. I'm already on first name basis with all the key personnel. It pays dividends, like when I want something.

As usual, my little Jem is really running GREAT after her oil change.

Cheers mates!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I took my coil packs off and smeared a little dielectric tune-up grease on the rubber boot where it covers the spark plug. Also around the rubber seal around the top of the coil pack plug. Smeared some on the connectors too. Put a little anti-seize on the bolt holding the coil packs in place. I would have pulled the spark plugs to put a little anti-seize on them as well, but I ran out of time. Went to the Virginia Auto Show... (y)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Now that's "PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE! " A lost art! Congratulations!
Cheers!
Thanks - I may take my lug nuts off one at a time and smear a little anti-seize on the studs as well. Then use the ole torque wrench to tighten to spec torque - which is 79 to 94 lb-ft. Do it once and never have to worry about it again.

Nothing worse than a seized up lug nut.

Hey that kinda rhymes! :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Lug nuts will only stick to the studs if they are left ON for years at a time. Mine never stay on long enough to become one with the lugs. That's one place that I would never use any lubricant. But that's just me.
The lug nuts will tighten down better if they are left dry. (clean, but dry)
You're right about one thing though...."Nothing worse than a seized up lug nut".
I've always said, that I can either "Take them off, or I'll break them off" I use a 24" breaker bar and a high impact deep well socket for my lug wrench. lol I also use a 1/2" drive Torque wrench, and that same deep well socket, to tighten my lug nuts.

Good luck mate!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
So today, I took my car to a DIY car wash for the first time ever. She was almost Caked with yellow tree pollen. It's a spring thing around here! So I needed the Soapy Brush and the pressure wash, to get it clean.

Then I brought her back home, made up a bucket of hot soapy water and got out an old washcloth and went over every little nook and cranny, like around the doors, and the door sills. I also vac'ed out the driver's compartment. I've not done all that since I've had the car, so she was due.
I wanted her to look her best, because tomorrow I'm taking her to my Kia Dealer to have a new smoked plastic Hood Protector put on. They owe me a favor, so they're doing the install for FREE.
Even if it does rain, it will still be a good day.

Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
126 Posts
So today, I took my car to a DIY car wash for the first time ever. She was almost Caked with yellow tree pollen. It's a spring thing around here! So I needed the Soapy Brush and the pressure wash, to get it clean.

Then I brought her back home, made up a bucket of hot soapy water and got out an old washcloth and went over every little nook and cranny, like around the doors, and the door sills. I also vac'ed out the driver's compartment. I've not done all that since I've had the car, so she was due.
I wanted her to look her best, because tomorrow I'm taking her to my Kia Dealer to have a new smoked plastic Hood Protector put on. They owe me a favor, so they're doing the install for FREE.
Even if it does rain, it will still be a good day.

Cheers Mates!
It just dawned on my that pollen wont be an issue on my car. It's YELLOW! :) Just kidding - But have you thought about the Meguire's Ceramic Wax? I put it on my car the day after I bought it since it wouldn't be any cleaner... Looks great and water beads like crazy. It also gets a car wash every time it rains due to the ceramic. I had this on my Stinger and it works like a champ!

161 - 180 of 248 Posts