Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
This morning, I helped my little gal, Jem, celebrate her 6000 mile anniversary, by buying her a new gadget.
My dealer already gave her a new tire, to replace one that had a staple in it. So I got her something to kind of go along with that. That all happened on Tuesday when I took her into my KIA Dealer for her second oil and filter change + Tire Rotation. (6000 miles)
View attachment 132736

Now it won't be so hard for me to keep all four of her tires at the same PSI.
I almost choked on the Brand Name of the Guage, but that's OK, I guess. It's what Auto Zone sells.

Y'all have a great Thanksgiving now, Y'hear?

:cool:
Slime makes all manner of "tire goodies" like the no-flat goo you might install in various vehicles(but not your car) and patch kits, etc. I reckon the name came from the "goo".

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, IVT
48 Posts
Did your Soul come with the "fiber" board cover originally? Does the one you bought fit on top of that or is it stout enough to work on its own? Thx
Our Lx came with the fiberboard cover, see pics here: https://www.kiasoulforums.com/threads/on-the-look-out-for-cargo-tray-and-cover-2020-soul-lx.116124/page-2#post-1283925
We have the rigid one we bought sitting on the upper set of rails, again refer to pics. The fiber one stays in place on top of the spare tire. This gives both a nice flat sturdy floor (the rigid board is very strong) and a 6" tall storage space between the two. The rigid one is hinged so access to that storage space is easy. We just use a couple of plastic tubs to organize stuff in that space. Pretty much back to how our 2015+ was. I haven't tried, but it looked to me like there was enough space so the rigid board would fit on the lower rails with the fiber one left in but I don't quite see the point of that... Again, love the decontenting KIA:(:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Our Lx came with the fiberboard cover, see pics here: https://www.kiasoulforums.com/threads/on-the-look-out-for-cargo-tray-and-cover-2020-soul-lx.116124/page-2#post-1283925
We have the rigid one we bought sitting on the upper set of rails, again refer to pics. The fiber one stays in place on top of the spare tire. This gives both a nice flat sturdy floor (the rigid board is very strong) and a 6" tall storage space between the two. The rigid one is hinged so access to that storage space is easy. We just use a couple of plastic tubs to organize stuff in that space. Pretty much back to how our 2015+ was. I haven't tried, but it looked to me like there was enough space so the rigid board would fit on the lower rails with the fiber one left in but I don't quite see the point of that... Again, love the decontenting KIA:(:(
Thanks for the details. My friend(mentioned in the thread you referenced) still can't believe her 2020 S didn't come with the fiber board...as the salesman says that is correct and proper). She has NO sort of cover at all, leaving the spare and that compartment completely open :(
Our two FIAT 500L(s) have a rather wimpy "shelf" as you describe that can be put in the lower position OR higher as you describe(ours supposedly can hold 200lbs; but I ain't testing it!). The bottom compartment has a "floor" and ours holds WAY too much "stuff"; but sure comes in handy!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did your Soul come with the "fiber" board cover originally? Does the one you bought fit on top of that or is it stout enough to work on its own? Thx
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, my Soul came with the standard fiberboard cover already in place, but I was looking for something that offers better protection, especially when I have groceries and whatnot in the rear, should something happen to spill. The one I purchased, came from eBay, directly from a Kia dealership in Daytona. It fits right on top of the existing cover, and uses velcro to keep it in place. Overall, it's pretty secure though, and I'm quite happy with it.

Another deciding factor for me was being the cheapest price that I could find online. (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
More important than where you buy them, is WHO MADE THEM.
The ones I've used for many years now, and with three different cars, are made by "Seat Belt Pros".
It looks like they might be bought via Amazon.

I have two sizes....the 5" that I use in my driver's seat,
View attachment 132783

And, the 7" extender that I use for the passenger seat.
View attachment 132784

With the 5" extender in the driver's seat, the car thinks the driver's side seat belt is buckled and the warning horns and lights are disabled. That's very handy, for when I don't want to put my seat belt ON.
I've never had a moments problem with either of them. They just work like they're supposed to.

Cheers Mates!
View attachment 132785
Per your suggestion, I checked out the 3" extender listed on Amazon by the same company, and I just wanted to say it works great. Thanks!

20191203_125840 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Per your suggestion, I checked out the 3" extender listed on Amazon by the same company, and I just wanted to say it works great. Thanks!

View attachment 132917
You're welcome! Is the manufacturers' name stamped on it somewhere?
That's the Short one. But it still performs its second function, and that is to keep the Claxon Horn from going off when you get in the car and don't Buckle Up. As a man once said, "I love it when a plan comes together!".

Season's Greetings,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today, I took 'Jem' for a little jaunt (about 75 miles) out to Cedar Key on the Gulf coast. It was a nice day for a re-visit. I had not been there since the last hurricane hit the place.
Bikers love the place, as it's a nice destination for a 'Ride'.
(click on pictures to enlarge)

View attachment 120439

View attachment 120423

Along Restaurant Row, there are at least four eating places and they all serve Beer. It's a Bikers' paradise. lol
Today, at least one place had live entertainment.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer day, and Jem ran like the Jewel she is. My odometer rolled over past 1000 miles today and got 34.4 Mpg for the trip, according to the 'Trip Meter'.
Pretty darned good for a car that's not even broken in yet. I can't wait to get my K&N Air Cleaner for this car. That should give her a little more SCAT!

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
Happy Trails!

I went to Cedar Key many times when I went to school in Gainesville. I wanna go again.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Well.. the fun continues. Since Monday (after the head unit received new software) the voice navigation interface has stopped working (where I ask the car to go to a destination.)

Spoke to UVO customer service and they said the car is not communicating with their servers. Back to the dealership next week.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Guessing they didn't fully test this new update before pushing to prod. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to refuse any software updates on the head unit until this issue is resolved. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,432 Posts
I think what he got is more like a rubber floor tray liner. I got one with my gen2. They sit on top of the floor & are great at keeping dirty & wet things from messing up the carpet.

This is the actual "floor" you can buy:

https://kiastuff.com/2020-kia-soul-cargo-floor-g155/

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Thank you ..... but no thanks! If I need one, I'll just make it myself.
So far, NO Need!

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you ..... but no thanks! If I need one, I'll just make it myself.
So far, NO Need!

Merry Christmas!
If I had a template, I'd make one in a flash for my friend. The one in our FIAT L is simpler; but we shall see...just need to borrow one for a minute or two. I think the FIAT shelf is rigid fiberboard or similar...very light and fairly flexible. Need to find the best combo of light weight and strength, I reckon.
My friend DID get the basic cover from her dealer after a bit of hassle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pulled up to a stop light today and another Soul pulled up next to me on the right, and then another Soul pulled up on the left. Three side by side. We all looked at each other and gave a thumbs up. The weird thing though was there wasn't a single rapper in the bunch, just a lot of old white people. I thought this was supposed to be a hip rapper mobile.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,432 Posts
Close Checkers. It's a mobile for people who have had or may need HIP replacements:)

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
361 Posts
Oh, I'd rap 'em

Sittin’ at the light, looking at you
You don’t know whatta black soul do
You don’t know whatta black soul do
Revin up my onepointsix,
Pushin' all my buttons
Ya don’t know my mix
cant outdo - ol'whiteduder so I am straight OEM...

- ol'whiteduder/Soulunlimited

141 - 160 of 186 Posts