Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Today I drove my Soul for the first time in snow. Uh, let's just say I'm glad I kept my ancient station wagon for these occasions. It was kind of a nail-biter in the Soul.
The tires that came on the car are all seasons, and are not really suited for snow, put proper winter tires on and see the difference. I live in Ottawa Canada, and we get a fair amount of snow I have yet to get stuck in winter either in my 2016 soul, or in this weeks snow fall in my 2020. I use and recommend Michelin X-iceXi3 winter tires, they are a very quiet running winter tire.

Pat.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I ordered seat belt extenders from Ebay, they arrived yesterday and they are crap. the release buttons are not working properly,in the event you had to get out of the car in a hurry you would be SOL.
Question to members that have extenders how good are they,would you recommended them, and where did you get them.

Pat.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I ordered seat belt extenders from Ebay, they arrived yesterday and they are crap. the release buttons are not working properly,in the event you had to get out of the car in a hurry you would be SOL.
Question to members that have extenders how good are they,would you recommended them, and where did you get them.

Pat.
Hey Pat, this from another thread:

https://www.kiasoulforums.com/threads/seat-belt-extender.74106/#post-902234

There's also quite a bit of chatter on this subject if you go up to the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of this webpage, click and go down to Advanced Search and click and type in Seat Belt Extender.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts

Pat.
noticed quite a few of seat belt extenders on the Walmart Canada website that you might want to check out.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Thanks guys, I just ordered a pair from Amazon, hopefully they will be better, the 2016 wasn't too bad to get at, but I find the 2020 buckles hard to get at.

Pat.

·
Super Moderator
7,772 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Today I removed the infestation of imported Korean spiders that came with my 5 day old 2020 EX. That made my wife very happy. Our entire garage was a big spider web the next morning after we brought it home.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Today I removed the infestation of imported Korean spiders that came with my 5 day old 2020 EX. That made my wife very happy. Our entire garage was a big spider web the next morning after we brought it home.
Good job retired! Those things looked awfully plump (or pregnant)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
More important than where you buy them, is WHO MADE THEM.
The ones I've used for many years now, and with three different cars, are made by "Seat Belt Pros".
It looks like they might be bought via Amazon.

I have two sizes....the 5" that I use in my driver's seat,

And, the 7" extender that I use for the passenger seat.

With the 5" extender in the driver's seat, the car thinks the driver's side seat belt is buckled and the warning horns and lights are disabled. That's very handy, for when I don't want to put my seat belt ON.
I've never had a moments problem with either of them. They just work like they're supposed to.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
As for the replacing of the map lights with LED bulbs, I wanted to do the same.

I phoned one of the largest LED bulb dealers on the web and they do not know what bulb is used in the 2020 Soul.

Next I went to AutoZone and they did not know what bulb was used, nor did they know how to remove the fixture to check. Nor could they remove the backseat dome light fixture, nor could they remove the trunk light fixture.

Nor can I figure out how to remove those fixtures and I have been a shade tree mechanic for 50 years.

Anyone who knows the bulb sizes and how to access 1. the map lights, 2. the rear seat dome light, and 3. the trunk light, please post the information.

Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm trying to get the entire service manual. It appears kia locked it behind a paywall that they charge 19 bucks an hour to use. Still haven't found a way to purchase the entire thing as a pdf or hard copy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ended up ordering the Cargo Tray (Part# K0F12 AU000 ) online, and I'm quite happy with it. I guess Kia ships them rolled in a box, but after an hour on the driveway, it flattened out pretty good.

20191122_134407 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
The overhead map lights are easy...all ya need is a small screwdriver to pop out the lenses. Then I found an LED replacement at Walmart. I did virtually the same thing for the License Plate lights.
Easy peasy!

Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
As for the replacing of the map lights with LED bulbs, I wanted to do the same.

I phoned one of the largest LED bulb dealers on the web and they do not know what bulb is used in the 2020 Soul.

Next I went to AutoZone and they did not know what bulb was used, nor did they know how to remove the fixture to check. Nor could they remove the backseat dome light fixture, nor could they remove the trunk light fixture.

Nor can I figure out how to remove those fixtures and I have been a shade tree mechanic for 50 years.

Anyone who knows the bulb sizes and how to access 1. the map lights, 2. the rear seat dome light, and 3. the trunk light, please post the information.

Thank you.
This might help:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I stopped in at PEP-BOYS today to look for wheel covers, which I didn't find. But I DID get a deal on 12oz bottles of "Techron" Fuel System Cleaner. Just $6 and change, each. So I bought two!

While I was there I saw a Dial Type Air Pressure Gauge, for about $6, so I got one of those too. So now I have two air pressure gauges....one for my shop and one for my car.

Just little things, make my Jem happy! :)

Oh, yesterday I took a little trip to a nearby town for lunch. When I got home I checked my trip meter and found that I had driven about 50 miles, and got 39.1 mpg for the trip. I did as much of the trip as possible in 8th gear, and cruise control.

Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Seat belt extenders I ordered from Amazon arrived today and they are quality pieces, unlike the first junk I got from eBay. So all is good.

Pat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ended up ordering the Cargo Tray (Part# K0F12 AU000 ) online, and I'm quite happy with it. I guess Kia ships them rolled in a box, but after an hour on the driveway, it flattened out pretty good.

View attachment 132832
Did your Soul come with the "fiber" board cover originally? Does the one you bought fit on top of that or is it stout enough to work on its own? Thx

121 - 140 of 147 Posts