Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
721 - 740 of 792 Posts

·
Banned
2020 GT-White
351 Posts
How many miles do you guys expect or hope your Soul lasts for? I had an 06 Ford Escape (still upset I got rid of it) that had 170,000 miles on and it still had a strong V6 engine and tranny. I know that I could’ve hit 250k miles if I put some work into it. I feel like with the 3rd gen Soul I will be satisfied if I can get around 115k miles out of it before it becomes a money pit. I don’t have a lot of faith in that auto stop/start crap long term.
I am hoping to get 50K miles out of my Kia

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
454 Posts
How many miles do you guys expect or hope your Soul lasts for?...
I posted the info below 5 months ago in thread Highest mileage on a Gen 3?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Autotrader - for Gen 3 Kia Souls - there are
  • 23 with 50K-59,999 miles
  • 4 with 60K-69,999 mies
  • 7 with 70K-79,999 miles
  • 1 with 80K-89,999 miles
  • 1 with 90K-99,999 miles
Almost all were model year 2020, one a 2021.

On Autotrader - for all Gens - there are
  • 1 with 698K miles
  • 1 with 434K miles
  • 1 with 310K miles
  • 14 with 200K-299,999 miles
  • 136 with 150K-199,999 miles
  • over 847 with 100K-149,999 miles
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
46 Posts
I posted the info below 5 months ago in thread Highest mileage on a Gen 3?

On Autotrader - for Gen 3 Kia Souls - there are
  • 23 with 50K-59,999 miles
  • 4 with 60K-69,999 mies
  • 7 with 70K-79,999 miles
  • 1 with 80K-89,999 miles
  • 1 with 90K-99,999 miles
Almost all were model year 2020, one a 2021.

On Autotrader - for all Gens - there are
  • 1 with 698K miles
  • 1 with 434K miles
  • 1 with 310K miles
  • 14 with 200K-299,999 miles
  • 136 with 150K-199,999 miles
  • over 847 with 100K-149,999 miles
I understand this is just cars listed for sale at that time, but only 847 Souls nationwide for sale in the 100k -150 range seems low to me.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
Maybe it's just perception, more than actual performance. But it just SEEMS like my car runs better after an oil change. Then I give her 8oz of Prolong, and we're off for another 3k miles of pounding the highway.

Today, I went on a search for the Fram Fresh Breeze cabin air filter. I did not find one, but I did talk to one girl in a Walmart Auto Center who told me that she thought that Fram had discontinued that filter. They have not been able to get it for some time.
So, I bought another FRAM filter that will fit my 2020 Soul. It doesn't have baking soda and Charcoal, but it's a good quality filter and with some baking soda added to it, it should be OK.

Don't ya just hate it, when something you've been using for years is no longer available?

:cool:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #727 ·
With proper maintenance, the KIA Soul should at least last for the 100K warranty period.

But then there are guys out there already, with way more miles than that on their Soul.

Then there are the guys who don't believe in maintenance, and they will just have to pay the bill.

·
Registered
706 Posts
With proper maintenance, the KIA Soul should at least last for the 100K warranty period.

But then there are guys out there already, with way more miles than that on their Soul.

Then there are the guys who don't believe in maintenance, and they will just have to pay the bill.
You can pay me now, or pay me later.

Reactions: nevets2968

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

It gets tiring hearing about additives. Modern day snake oil. Simply change your engine oil, filter, and cabin filter per your owner's manual recommendations and motor on...

Greg

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #730 ·
Funny guys!
But if you blow up your engine, with a FRAM filter in it, you just bought a very expensive engine. Guaranteed!

KIA has made no bones about telling us that we should use only a genuine KIA Oil Filter, to help the engine run right.
If I were driving a 49 Buick, I'd probably be using a FRAM Oil Filter, but for my 2020 Soul, she gets ONLY a Genuine KIA Oil Filter. They're cheap enough, so why not?

We've had this discussion before, actually way too many times, so why now?

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #731 ·
If additives are bad, tell that to all the oil companies who brag about the additives they put in their oil!
But they don't add the most expensive additives in the world. No, they add the cheapest additives that they can afford, and in the lowest volume, just to get you to buy their oil. And you buy it, and think you've really got something. And, the oil itself doesn't wear out, but the additives sure do.

I don't mind to admit, that I probably use the most expensive oil additive in the world. It's $20 for a 12 oz bottle if you buy it in a retail store. I don't....I buy it by the gallon directly from the manufacturer, for just $66 per gallon, with free shipping. It's called "Prolong" because it can prolong the life of an engine. My testimonial, about how it saved one engine for me, is somewhere on this forum.
Those who just scream "Snake Oil" at everything, that they have not tried and proved, are doing nothing, but showing their own ignorance.

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
129 Posts

It gets tiring hearing about additives. Modern day snake oil. Simply change your engine oil, filter, and cabin filter per your owner's manual recommendations and motor on...

Greg
It's funny but if you were to tell kia you were using a product like that and had problems they would deny you warrenty...it's just a coating ...if you lost all your oil it would maybe give you a couple of minutes without oil before damage...it's just a waste of money and I have heard of side effects over the years....sometimes we are so set in our ways that no one can tell you different....and wisdom doesn't always come with age....just change your oil and filter and save your additive money for IHOP....

·
Banned
2020 GT-White
351 Posts
It's funny but if you were to tell kia you were using a product like that and had problems they would deny you warrenty...it's just a coating ...if you lost all your oil it would maybe give you a couple of minutes without oil before damage...it's just a waste of money and I have heard of side effects over the years....sometimes we are so set in our ways that no one can tell you different....and wisdom doesn't always come with age....just change your oil and filter and save your additive money for IHOP....
They ABSOLUTELY would blame the prolong.......!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #734 ·
I'm sorry that this forum had become a stage for BS, and gross ignorance. Mentioning NO names.
I think I'm just about done here. The stupidity and ignorance displayed on this forum, is starting to give me a bad case of the red Arse.
Some of you people are too stupid to even own a car, let alone have a drivers license.
Buzz, if you want to ban me, this would be a good time.

Every ounce of oil you put in your car, has an ADDITIVE in it. Wise UP! And every gallon of gas you put in your tank has an ADDITIVE in it. Wake UP! Without additives, your car wouldn't last a week. Yet you have the gall to come on here and bad mouth additives that are actually used every day by NASCAR and the top racers in the world.
And, because I use them, you have the stupidity and audasity to bad mouth them, knowing absolutely Nothing about them yourself. And you're too stupid to even try them yourselves.
Hey Butt Head, I have five engineering degrees, and I'd never put anything in my car that would not help it, let alone hurt it.

Destroy your own car, but you won't destroy mine!!!

Finis:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
On the lighter side:
I drove quite a few miles today, here in Central FL, and I passed quite a few Gas Stations.
It seems like the gas price of the day is $3.35 with an occasional price, even higher. I do sympathize with those guys who live in Ca. or other places where one gallon of gas is now over $4 per gallon.

I love to drive my KIA Soul, and I do, every chance I get. In 2.5 years I've driven my 2020 Soul over 27,000 miles.
And that was just for fun. So far, she's passed all the tests and is still running absolutely GREAT.
I've never had a car before that day after day would get over 30 mpg with just normal driving, stop lights included.

I regret, that my current Soul will probably be my last new car. My next car will likely be an old piece of Detroit Iron, just something to get me to the grocery store or Dr's office and back home.

Here's wishing y'all a very Happy Thanksgiving
Art Font Happy Event Creative arts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
Big disappointment.....I looked all over the place for a FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter, but as close as I got was at a Walmart Store, where I found the FRAM Tru Flow, with almost the same part number. *
The Fresh Breeze part number is CF12160, while the Tru Flow # is CV12160. The filter is made with a Light Blue material and does not appear to be paper. Well, it's in my car now, so the big search is over.

* The auto dept sales Mgr. told me that they can't get the CF12160, and she thinks they may have stopped making it.

First we do the best we can, and then just go on from there.
Cheers Mates, and Happy Thanksgiving,

·
Banned
2020 GT-White
351 Posts
I always put the cheapest Cabin filter I can find in my cars....I mean seriously?? It's a cabin filter.....I have never had a problem or noticed any difference between the OEM for 30 and the Rock for 6. And as easy as KIA/Hyundai make a filter swap....I could do 5 swaps a year to the one OEM....But, I am not nuts I don't think the Kia filter is crazy expensive....so no big deal

721 - 740 of 792 Posts