Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
641 - 660 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
As long as there's no cop around, those speed limits are only a suggestion. lol
The only way I can keep my Jem from speeding is to set the Cruise Control, otherwise she's GONE!
I've owned several High Performance cars that really liked to run, but my little Jem, LOVES to run.

Personally, I'm glad you had a good trip and both you and mom liked it. The mpg was pretty good too.
I've love to take a trip like that, but I'm financially limited. Thanks for the report.
:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This weekend I installed a super pro suspension polyurethane “dog bone” bushing.
They only come one per pack. After extensive internet reading one is sufficient. Two will invite unwanted vibration. Replaced the one engaged in accelerations; the front one is normally impacted during braking. Anyone with questions ask me….will lay out my procedure clearly. Thanks for reading my email. Though not dramatic the result is noticeable. Picks up speed better from 2-3, 3-4.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
For those of us who are not well versed on "Dog Bones" maybe some explanation of what it is, where it goes and what it's supposed to accomplish.
Got pic's?
Thank You,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
248 Posts
For those of us who are not well versed on "Dog Bones" maybe some explanation of what it is, where it goes and what it's supposed to accomplish.
Got pic's?
Thank You,
It’s an engine mount. It’s under the car and attached to the subframe. It prevents the engine from moving uncontrollably when you accelerate and decelerate. It’s also called a torque rod.

Rim Auto part Bicycle part Fashion accessory Metal

Font Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Parallel Auto part

It’s also a yummy dog treat 🐶 🦴
Dog Liver Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
WOOF! Got it!

And, you're wanting to replace it.....WHY? Has yours become defective?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
No reply...OK....
Today I took my Jem into town for some vittles and grog. On my way I had to pass at least 8 gas stations, and every one of them had jacked up their gas prices to $309 per gallon for regular gas. I had wondered how long that would take.
Later, after lunch, I found a Shell station that was selling gas for just $2.94 per gallon, and I stopped and filled up my tank. And, with my Shell CC, I got a $.10 per gallon discount, so I only paid $2.84 per gallon.
I just wondered, how many gallons of gas were sold today, at that inflated $3.09 price.
I know it's even worse in other parts of the country. Thank you, Mr. Biden!

·
Registered
415 Posts
No reply...OK....
Today I took my Jem into town for some vittles and grog. On my way I had to pass at least 8 gas stations, and every one of them had jacked up their gas prices to $309 per gallon for regular gas. I had wondered how long that would take.
Later, after lunch, I found a Shell station that was selling gas for just $2.94 per gallon, and I stopped and filled up my tank. And, with my Shell CC, I got a $.10 per gallon discount, so I only paid $2.84 per gallon.
I just wondered, how many gallons of gas were sold today, at that inflated $3.09 price.

For what it’s worth, the local stations here is SE PA raised their prices last night from $3.239 and $3.299 to $3.359 per gallon.

Reactions: Junk2.0

·
Registered
248 Posts
No reply...OK....

Up in my part of Southern New England prices still range from $2.89 to $3.39. The more expensive prices are always near highway ramps.

See post 644. I don’t know why someone would make engine mounts stiffer. I guess it makes it feel more responsive.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 ·
If changing the "Dog Bone" impacted performance or created a problem, I'm just afraid that it could negatively impact the Warranty. That alone would make me "Leave it alone" and if it ever failed, I'd let my KIA Warranty cover it.
The only things I might someday change on my car would be the "fair wear and tear" items, like Brake Shoes, Belts, Hoses and the Battery. I would at least TRY to get KIA to take care of the rest.
It's just a PYA thing.

Cheers Mates!
Cartoon Art Font Painting Illustration

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

The price of gas in Canada is through the roof, Biden has nothing do with our gas prices. Blame greedy refiners who are actually the ones who are gouging. The price in Ottawa today is $ 1.38 per ;litre which works out at $5.52 per US gallon.

Pat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The price of gas in Canada is through the roof, Biden has nothing do with our gas prices. Blame greedy refiners who are actually the ones who are gouging. The price in Ottawa today is $ 1.38 per ;litre which works out at $5.52 per US gallon.

Pat.
Gas in the US is cheaper now than it was in 2011 even before you adjust for inflation. Some Americans think they have a God given right to cheap gas for some unknown reason, environment and geopolitics be dammed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Gas in the US is cheaper now than it was in 2011 even before you adjust for inflation. Some Americans think they have a God given right to cheap gas for some unknown reason, environment and geopolitics be dammed.
The rest of the world likes high priced gas? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 ·
In Germany, in 1964 (57 yrs ago) we were paying over $2.50 per gallon for Extra. (high test)
Everybody bit33ed about it, but nobody could do anything about it. If you wanted to drive, you paid the fee.
At the time, I was told that gasoline was not made in Germany, and the import taxes were killer.
We all cringed when we had to "Fill UP" the old Ride.

I saw several stations today, that were back under $3.00 per gallon. But not much under $3.00.
Maybe a few cents.
I'll compensate, by just not driving so many miles, till there's an 'Administration' change and we become Energy Independent again.

Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
2014 SOUL " ! " Owned since New
2,056 Posts
When you Know what your talking about... Check the REAL chart Below...and this ain't " B.S."
We have ALWAYS Imported "OIL"
NOTE: And Keep Your Political Comments to your SELF...!!!
Product Font Line Plot Red

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
Duh! You claim that the chart is accurate, but I really doubt it, since it shows 2022 which has not even happened yet.
Projections, or guesses, don't count.

On election day, we were energy independent. If we were still accepting imported crude, it was only to fulfill existing contracts. We were building our reserves, which we are now depleting. You sound like another Left Winger.

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
190 Posts
Duh! You claim that the chart is accurate, but I really doubt it, since it shows 2022 which has not even happened yet.
Projections, or guesses, don't count.

On election day, we were energy independent. If we were still accepting imported crude, it was only to fulfill existing contracts. We were building our reserves, which we are now depleting. You sound like another Left Winger.
Yes indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Well today was my pay day and I took a little ride into Ocala, for lunch with a friend, and some shopping.
I noticed that most of the gas stations I passed were selling regular gas for over $3.00 per gallon, but my favorite Shell station had a posted price of $2.99.9 per gallon.
My car does run great on Shell gas, so I stopped for a fill up (top off the tank). When I put in my Shell CC, the pump reported that today I would get a $.25 per gallon discount, (it's normally just ten cents) if I just pushed the "YES" button. It didn't take long to figure out that I really wanted to press that button. lol
So I topped off the tank, got my discount and drove off, smiling all the way.

With no rain, somewhat different for this time of year, it's been a really great day.
But I did see a couple of Luv-Bugs on the front of my car. I guess it's also that time of year.
They need to be removed, before the acid in their bodies, can eat through the paint.

Cheers Mates,

641 - 660 of 670 Posts