Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
621 - 640 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul X-Line
6 Posts
Well, I didn't do a lot for my little Jem today, but she did something memorable for me.
On my way home tonight, on a 1+ mile stretch of two lane highway, that was totally devoid of other cars,
I just let Jem do her thing. She loves to run, and RUN she did, all the way up to 120 MPH, before I had to hit the
brakes for a Right turn in the road. Previously, her best on that same road was just 115mph. So what made the difference?
I can only guess it was the new K&N Air Cleaner that I recently installed.
120 MPH, that's incredible for a little Econo Box.
She was still accelerating when I was forces to hit the brakes. I'm sure she could have done even more if I just had more road. She does love to RUN!

Cheers mates!

FLH :cool:
Since I bought my 2021 Soul EX, I have installed factory vent shades and mud guards.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul X-Line
6 Posts
I've had my 2021 x-line for about a month now. First thing I changed was the review mirror. Had the OEM homelink with auto dim installed. My previous 2016 Plus had it as part of the package, this one doesn't. I don't think I ever want another car without that! I got car seat covers that are red and black (adds to the sporty look in my opinion). I also got keyfob covers to match the car (the pic is darker than the actual color.) Waiting for the rubber floor mats (that are red and silver) to arrive. I just added ceramic tint to the windows yesterday, just to help with the UV and heat since I'm in Florida. Thinking about LED light conversion at some point, but still researching the difficulty level. Sports equipment Bumper Communication Device Gas Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Window

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, yesterday I drove about 150 miles from home in SE Pennsylvania to Wellsboro PA to visit the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. The ride is good and hilly with nice long stretches of high speed driving mixed in. Went the visit the canyon today which did involve some driving at low speeds up and down some very steep hills with twisty I paved roads. The Soul handled it all beautifully. according to the trip computer on the car, I was getting 36 mpg on the ride here. Tomorrow we’re going to The Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, New York and then to home. i stopped to fill the tank today and noticed my actually calculated mpg for total driving time I’ve had the car, since March 5, 2020. I’ve put 7500 miles on it and calculated mileage is 32.8 mpg. I can’t complain. My previous Kia, a 2011, only averaged 29.8 mpg over the 9 years, 64,000 miles I had it. This car has given me zero problems so far. it does not use oil. (I check it on fill ups. And I make sure that all the TSB’s and on recall have been done. Its a good car for my 77 6’7” body to get in and out of, and it rides better than my Forte EX did.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #627 ·
Today, I tried to get some Techron at Auto Zone on an advertised BOGO sale, but, wouldn't ya jus know it. they were out of stock. So I went to Walmart and got the Techron I wanted, there.
Then while still at Walmart, I filled up my tank with E-10 @ $2.86 per gal.

It seems like most gas stations around here are keeping their pump price at below $3. per gal.
While I hear that in other states, the gas prices have already exceeded $3 per gal.

Higher gas prices will sure put a crimp in driving for fun. I'll still enjoy driving, but I just won't drive as far, as fast or as often.
And I'll practice High Mileing more than in the past. In times like these, we just have to do what we have to do.

Cheers Mates, and Happy Motoring,

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
190 Posts
Today, I tried to get some Techron at Auto Zone on an advertised BOGO sale, but, wouldn't ya jus know it. they were out of stock. So I went to Walmart and got the Techron I wanted, there.
Then while still at Walmart, I filled up my tank with E-10 @ $2.86 per gal.

It seems like most gas stations around here are keeping their pump price at below $3. per gal.
While I hear that in other states, the gas prices have already exceeded $3 per gal.

Higher gas prices will sure put a crimp in driving for fun. I'll still enjoy driving, but I just won't drive as far, as fast or as often.
And I'll practice High Mileing more than in the past. In times like these, we just have to do what we have to do.

Cheers Mates, and Happy Motoring,
We have been over 3 bucks since the demented one took over

·
Registered
415 Posts
We are at $3.259 here in PA

·
Registered
248 Posts
We have been over 3 bucks since the demented one took over
Gas is around $2.89 - $3.19 in my area. The higher priced stations are usually near highway exits. Before pudding brain, it was under $2.50 with the lowest during C*vid at $1.89.

·
Registered
415 Posts
One of the gas stations near me just raised their price from $3.199 to $3.359 per gallon.

·
Registered
754 Posts

Good on you! I can't believe all the negative reactions I'd get from people when I installed my valve, everything from "It's going to dump your oil!" to "You're not draining all the oil, some will remain inside the valve!" The valve is engineered so that if it fails, it'll fail in the closed position, and the part about leaving some old oil inside the valve, there's always going to be some residual that's not going to drain completely. When I put mine on my GTO, oil changes were an absolute snap.

And I find it hard to believe that it's been almost a month since anyone has done anything to their Soul.... tsk tsk.

·
Registered
248 Posts
And I find it hard to believe that it's been almost a month since anyone has done anything to their Soul.... tsk tsk.
I bought a spare tire kit, with tire. Selling the mobility kit on eBay.

I also got a Fumoto valve, the one with no nipple so it’s as low profile as possible. It should be here today, just in time for an oil change.

Also, I was board the other night and went to the car wash bay to wash and dry the car, and then used Turtle Wax Seal N’ Shine. I think I found a winner. It is so shiny and slick and it hid some swirl marks I got from going through tunnel car washes (never doing that again unless it’s touch less)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #639 ·
On my last oil change, just a few weeks ago, the mechanic was going to replace my Magnetic Oil Drain Plug with a stock Steel plug, but my Service Writer caught him and insisted that he put my custom drain plug back in the engine. Maybe that ticked off the oil change guy, because he OVER FILLED the engine. So I had to go back and have that taken care of.
But now it's OK and I even had room to add 8oz of Prolong Anti Friction Additive, which I've been using for over ten years. I was also given a card, for a FREE Oil Change sometime in the future.
My little Jem just loves it and is now running just GREAT!
I had her out on I-75 yesterday and she was cruising at 90mph + with never a whimper.
I think I've mentioned before, that she just Loves to RUN! And when required, she'll jump from 90mph to 100mph in just a few seconds.

I love driving on I-75 when it's running FAST like it was yesterday.
My lunch run yesterday wound up taking me 112 miles. And for the day, I got 31.9 mpg, according to the readout on the car.

Cheers Mates!
PS: Do any of yous guys ever watch "Bitchen Rides" on the Motor Trend Channel?
It's become one of my favorite programs. It's amazing what they can do with some of the older Detroit Iron. I'm thinking my next car will have to be "Detroit Iron", fully restored.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is not truly “today,” but yesterday I returned from an approximately 650 mile road trip to spend 3 days with some friends in their cabin in the Adirondack State Park, NY. The car seemed to enjoy the drive. The car’s computer said I averaged 36 mpg. By measurement, it was 35. Either way, that’s not bad mileage for what is aerodynamically a brick. The ride was comfortable and had no problems whatsoever. Even my wife enjoyed the ride and driving the car. It had plenty of pep and if not careful, you found yourself easily exceeding the appropriate speed limits.

Reactions: nevets2968
621 - 640 of 670 Posts