Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
601 - 620 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
190 Posts
Called the closest dealership for the recall this afternoon. They are booked for 4 weeks. Cannot even schedule an oil change, if you wanted to. Per the service writer, they have 8 Soul's waiting for a new engine.
A busy service dept is a pretty good indicator of a shitty brand.....Ford is always busy

·
Registered
415 Posts
Called the closest dealership for the recall this afternoon. They are booked for 4 weeks. Cannot even schedule an oil change, if you wanted to. Per the service writer, they have 8 Soul's waiting for a new engine.
Wow. I had the recall done yesterday and passed. So far they have not had a Soul that failed and have not had to replace any 2020-2021 engines.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
And, I called my dealership, asked for an appointment, and got in the next day, with NO BS. And, when I got to the dealership, there was NO line and I was in and out in about an hour.
But, with so many elderly people in this area, driving KIA's, the dealership is pretty busy doing preventive maintenance.
Sometimes, when I'm sitting in the customer waiting area, I'm the youngest guy there. Canes and walkers abound!

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

·
Registered
415 Posts
When I had my recall done yesterda, total tim in the dealership was about 55 minutes.it was about 15 minutes before they got to my car. And total time then for the Test and complementary was as 40 minutes. I‘m not complaining. I like my dealer‘s service departmen. In the 10 years I’ve owned Kias they have never jerked me around.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
Without the Gory Details, I took my Soul into the dealership for a check of the Emergency Braking system.
Two things happened: I found out that the 2020 Soul does not have the little drum brakes on the rear wheels for the E-Brake, like earlier models. The E-Brake system works directly with the rear disk brakes. Who would'a thunk it?
The shop foreman was the one who examined my car, and even took me back to the shop, to explain the changes to the E-Brake system on the 2020 Soul, and demonstrate to me how it works.
My E-Brake is actually working OK.

Then while I hung out waiting for my car to be returned to me, I observed quite a few people coming in for their RECALL Inspection. The place was busier than I had seen it for quite some time. I declined the Car Wash, since it was raining cats and dogs. lol

My Service Writer, Dave, told me that they have not yet had to replace even ONE Soul engine.

One young salesman wanted to trade me out of my 2020 Soul, but I declined, with a smile, of course.
They have a beautiful RED Stinger sitting on the showroom floor. Nice looking car, but at $35k, it's out of my realm.
I imagine that they will have that car for a while, with gas prices already topping $3 per gal.

As usual, I enjoyed my trip to my KIA Dealership. I had a chance to go around and say "HI" to all my old friends.

Happy 4th Everyone!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
190 Posts
Without the Gory Details, I took my Soul into the dealership for a check of the Emergency Braking system.
Two things happened: I found out that the 2020 Soul does not have the little drum brakes on the rear wheels for the E-Brake, like earlier models. The E-Brake system works directly with the rear disk brakes. Who would'a thunk it?
The shop foreman was the one who examined my car, and even took me back to the shop, to explain the changes to the E-Brake system on the 2020 Soul, and demonstrate to me how it works.

Then while I hung out waiting for my car to be returned to me, I observed quite a few people coming in for their RECALL Inspection. The place was busier than I had seen it for quite some time. I declined the Car Wash, since it was raining cats and dogs. lol

My Service Writer, Dave, told me that they have not yet had to replace even ONE Soul engine.

One young salesman wanted to trade me out of my 2020 Soul, but I declined, with a smile, of course.
They have a beautiful RED Stinger sitting on the showroom floor. Nice looking car, but at $35k, it's out of my realm.
I imagine that they will have that car for a while, with gas prices already topping $3 per gal.

As usual, I enjoyed my trip to my KIA Dealership. I had a chance to go around and say "HI" to all my old friends.

Happy 4th Everyone!
$55,405.00 was the price of the one I looked at yesterday on our lot of very few cars. Not in a million years would I pay 55k for a KIA. It was pretty though

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 ·
If my little Jem lives as long as I do, then she will be my last new car.

:cool:

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX with IVT transaxle in Mars Orange
35 Posts
Got the fifth oil change from the dealership yesterday. 21K miles on my 2020 and no issues so far. The oil level on the dipstick never varies. I check it at every fill up, just as I have with all of my previous vehicles over the 48 years I've been driving.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
JD, sounds like we're birds of a feather, only this old bird is quite a bit older. :)

I used to live a bit south of Wisconsin, in Peoria, Ill. I'd get up to Wisconsin every once in a while, for cheese and beer.

But like you, I too have taken good care of my cars over the years, and in spite of the naysayers, I still do.
And mine too, at 22k miles, has NO problems. And just runs like a scalded cat!

I made a 50 mile round trip today, to pick up a copy of the new (leaked version) of MS Windows 11, pro.
Then once back home, I tried to install Win-11 on a spare HD, only to find out that my PC is too old to run Win-11.
Oh well, it was a nice day for a little drive, on I-75.
I-75 has the uncanny ability to go from 80 mph, to parking lot in an instant. Usually just gapers' blocks.

Cheers Mate!

·
Registered
304 Posts

Happy 4th Everyone!
So wait... You're telling mey 2018, in addition to the 4-wheel discs, has 2 witty drums in there too?? That explains the thunk after a wet or moistish day after the brake is released..

·
Registered
248 Posts
So wait... You're telling mey 2018, in addition to the 4-wheel discs, has 2 witty drums in there too?? That explains the thunk after a wet or moistish day after the brake is released..
No. The second generation doesn’t have drum in hat parking brake shoes like the first gen did. The parking brake cable is attached to the rear calipers. I get that same thunk after a moist day releasing the parking brake and going backwards. I think the brake pads stick to the rotor a little.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is a little late but this past Tuesday my sweetie and I took my soul for a 220 mile trip. It was 99% highway. Car handled it beautifully no problems at all, but then I have always made sure that I have had all the updates done. I averaged accoding to the computer 38 mpg going and about 35 mpg on the return. I take that with a grain of salt. It probably is about 2 mpg less, based on my actual measurement, but I don’t need gas yet.
I is a comfortable car to drive though.

Reactions: pnoman

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
Today I gave my little girl the day off, while I worked in the yard.
Tomorrow, however will be a different story. I need to move several logs, and I know that Jem will handle that with no problem. I'll try to get pictures.

Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #617 ·
Well, I would have, but..... my LX came off the truck, from Korea, with those already installed.
All I've needed to install was the plastic Nose Guard, and tinted windows.

But I must admit that I'm not familiar with the EX trim level.
Is yours an MT or AT?

601 - 620 of 670 Posts