Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

481 - 500 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX
44 Posts
Well....might as well make a post here give a little love.
I ordered some seat covers for my new soul. I had them on both before....2020 seats were zero farted in seats! Does that raise the resale!!??
I'm looking for some "seat back" storage as you would think they could add at least a simple pocket behind the seat. I like to keep things clean and looking new.
Also trying to find some sort of coating or car wash that helps keep this cherry black paint from being so hard to keep clean. Building sprinklers leave hard water stains that are almost impossible to remove without rubbing.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
OH, you mean you got the ECM update? Me too. I think mine took about 30 minutes, more of less. I didn't really time it.
I was drinking coffee, munching miniature Donuts and watching TV in the customer's lounge.

If you ever had a Turbo car before, then you already know that they require extra care (maintenance).
Good Luck!

I did test drive a Turbo Soul, but decided NOT to buy one. My LX was a lot simpler, and Cheaper too. ;)
But, I still maintain it, as if it were a Turbo.

Cheers Mate!
:cool:

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul EX undercover green w/ grey interior
10 Posts
Gave my green machine its first oil change today. Only took 3 hours to do. Not because I'm incomptent. Because Kia torqued the damn filter too damn tight! And installed fumoto valve to control my wife's nagging about making a mess in the garage . G2G for another 6 months or do.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
OH, another DIY'er, Eh?
I had that problem, once, and I made a custom Filter cap-wrench to handle the problem. I must have a grip like a Gorilla, because when I hand tighten a filter, it can be a real B**** to get off.

I drilled three holes (one might be enough) in the side of the Filter Wrench and then tapped the filter wrench onto the filter, and then, using my Electric Screw Driver, I drove three 1/2" self tapping (sharpie) screws into the filter through the three holes I had previously drilled in the Filter Wrench. NO MORE SLIPPAGE!!! And the filter came right out, using a 9" extension on my 3/8" ratchet.

Like they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention". or, something like that.

Good Luck,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
64 Posts
OH, another DIY'er, Eh?
I had that problem, once, and I made a custom Filter cap-wrench to handle the problem. I must have a grip like a Gorilla, because when I hand tighten a filter, it can be a real B**** to get off.
View attachment 136807

I drilled three holes (one might be enough) in the side of the Filter Wrench and then tapped the filter wrench onto the filter, and then, using my Electric Screw Driver, I drove three 1/2" self tapping (sharpie) screws into the filter through the three holes I had previously drilled in the Filter Wrench. NO MORE SLIPPAGE!!! And the filter came right out, using a 9" extension on my 3/8" ratchet.

Like they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention". or, something like that.

Good Luck,
That is actually genius........PATENT that puppy

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul EX undercover green w/ grey interior
10 Posts
OH, another DIY'er, Eh?
Lol yea. DIY to save time, make sure its done right, and most important its a helleva lot cheaper! That was a great idea using the self tapping on the filter wrench! I ended up buying a universal filter wrench and it did not grip the filter well at all. So i took my old ol fashion oil wrench and squeezed two divets in the filter for the universal to grab hold of. Nearly broke my wrist when the blasted thing finally broke free lol.

·
Registered
635 Posts
2020 LX with IVT - After a 1,300-mile (round-trip) drive to visit my wife's family in Wisconsin, I cleaned off about a gazillion (I'm just rounding it off to an even number) bugs on the front end. It started raining last night just as we finished unpacking, so I left it outside for the rain to soften the bugs overnight. Sure enough, this morning they just wiped off. There was a break in the rain so I gave her a complete sponge bath and lathered her up. Rinsed, dried, and gave her a coat of spray wax (Turtle Wax synthetic). Washed the cloth seat covers and Lysol'd the interior (dash, door panels, console, seat belts, etc). Now she is resting in the dry garage as the rain returns.

BTW - The trip computer said I averaged 37.8 MPG for the entire trip. Allowing for optimistic readings compared to past "real checks", that's probably around 35-36MPG actual. Not bad. I started the trip with 5,950 miles and finished with 7,250 miles, and when I checked it this morning, the oil was still right on the "Full" line. I last changed it at 4,500 and it has not used a drop since. Valvoline 5w-20 Full Synthetic.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
I did my own oil and filter change, brake pad change and other first echelon maintenance from 2000 till I got my 2020 Soul.
I bought the extended Maintence program, so till sometime early in 2022, my dealer will be changing my oil, rotating my tires, etc.
Then, if I'm still able, I'd like to resume doing my own Oil & Filter changes. I still have the concrete ramps in my back yard.

This was my Gen-1 Soul, all ramped and ready for an oil change. A year from now, I hope I can do this again.
The Soul has great ground clearance, so it only takes just a little lift to be able to slip under it for an Oil Change.

:cool:

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
64 Posts
How much was the maint program and what all does it cover? Our dealer gives first 4 oil changes / tire rotations for free and lifetime state inspections

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
Well, we don't have state inspections here, in FL. None of that Nazi stuff. No state Income Tax either. And our kids are ALL in school too.

Well anyway I really don't know exactly what it cost because it's written right into the loan on the car.
But I do know that it covers almost everything on the car, even things that the KIA warranty does not cover.
They already replaced one tire that had side wall damage.
It includes 10 Oil changes, with tire rotations when needed. If I were one of those 6K oil change guys, I'd have free oil changes for 60,000 miles. But, since I change oil every 3k, I'll be out of free oil changes next spring.
That's OK too.

Cheers Mate!

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
64 Posts
Well, we don't have state inspections here, in FL. None of that Nazi stuff. No state Income Tax either. And our kids are ALL in school too.

Well anyway I really don't know exactly what it cost because it's written right into the loan on the car.
But I do know that it covers almost everything on the car, even things that the KIA warranty does not cover.
They already replaced one tire that had side wall damage.
It includes 10 Oil changes, with tire rotations when needed. If I were one of those 6K oil change guys, I'd have free oil changes for 60,000 miles. But, since I change oil every 3k, I'll be out of free oil changes next spring.
That's OK too.

Cheers Mate!
I go 3K on the KIA because they are changing it and I have no Idea what they are actually putting in there. After the next one,which is free..It will be all me and Mobile 1 and 5k miles.......Unless she blows up......Which, she is in the range of problem motors.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
Well, I've liked my KIA dealer and I was/am willing to advertise for them. So when my new Soul came with no dealer plaque on the back of the car, I went back and got one and put it on myself. Sorry, that's just a personal preference. And, I have no problem with those who don't want to advertise for their dealer.
I'm curious though....do you also cut all the labels out of all of your clothes?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm curious though....do you also cut all the labels out of all of your clothes?
Every forum has one of you, you're entertaining for sure.
You're a dealer groupie, nothing wrong with that just a little bizarre.
If I'm ever in Florida I would love to sit down and have a lunch with you.

481 - 500 of 530 Posts