401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT Line Red
2 Posts
Tires should be rotated every 6000 miles.
What brand engine air filter, and cabin air filter?

:cool:
Thanks for that info on the tire rotation -- will be sure to keep on top of that going forward. The dealership did not mention upcoming rotation when I took it in for the initial oil change at 4765 miles.

Filters ordered from Amazon:
Cabin: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DYQNMCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Engine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Y7QGHT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Happy driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well after spending much of the afternoon just working out how the front bumper comes off I installed the lights, put bumper back on.... and bam it hit me. These are not headlights 🤦🏻‍♂️ so now tomorrow I have to tear it all down again swap em out and sell them. Ugh sad day I liked them too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
It's Monday, and on Wednesday I'll go to my dealer for my 18k oil change, tire rotation, car wash, etc.
So today, I've done all the Pre OC under the hood maintenance.
I topped off the washer fluid, and engine coolant. Brake fluid is still OK. K&N Air Cleaner is still as nice and pink as the day it came out of the box. Everything looked good, so I put down the hood and tackled the Cabin Air Filter. Compared to the 2013, the 2020 is a piece of cake.
It's a FRAM Fresh Breeze filter, and it was kind of dirty with sand, small insects and some unidentified tree parts. So, I took it to my shop and used the crevice tool on the shop vac. to clean between every pleat on the filter. With it nice and clean, I put it back in. I change my Cabin Air Filter once a year, but in the mean time I like to keep it as clean as I can. Around here, SAND is the big problem.
I open the hood and what do I see? SAND, everywhere. A pressure washer could clean it up, but then so could a blast of compressed air. ;)
Just for grins and giggles, I checked the engine oil level, and I was right where it was 3000 miles ago.
This engine uses NO Oil!
Ok, now my little Jem is ready for her next trip to my dealer, for her 18k oil change.

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear? Happy 2021!

FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Critique::::
This was the day, for my 18k oil change, and I got there, in a slight mist.
I actually got there 30 minutes early, but within 15 minutes my car was in a service stall an ready to be worked on.
Everything went off like clockwork, and in less than two hours my car was serviced, cleaned and ready for me to drive off to Cody's Roadhouse for lunch.
My service writer, Dave, walked me out to my car to give her the once over before I got the keys.
She was clean, I thanked Dave, got my keys and I was off to lunch.

I did get a bit of bad news while at the dealership today. The long time single owner of the Dealership is retiring, and selling the dealership to someone else. I can only hope and pray that the new owner will keep up the standard of great and friendly service.

The service I get is under contract, so I'm sure that will continue.

Once again, my little Jem is running in tip top shape, and good for another 3000 miles.
I don't know the technical WHY, but she always seems to run better after an oil change.
Makes me think that maybe I should change the oil even more often. :)

Cheers mates! Wishing y'all a very great 2021.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I ordered mine directly from K&N.
I really like ordering things directly from the company that made it. I get fewer FAKE items that way.

·
Registered
291 Posts
FLH, wish Cal had something close to Cody's. You get Beer Battered Mushrooms and we get friggen Artichoke Dip!
Not fair!

·
Registered
253 Posts
well, today we here in SE Pennsylvania are supposed to get 5-10 inches of the white stuff. Today I was scheduled to get my second Covid-19 vaccination shot. The one that makes it effective. I tried numerous times the past few day to get through on the phone to rescdule the vaccination. No Luck. So I had to go through with it. Luckily my appointment was early in the morning before too much snow was expected. I though, well this is a good time to test my Nokian WR-G4 all-weather tires. They are supposed to be much better than all-season tires. Man, are they right. these are excellent. There was about 2 inches on the ground when I left home. The roads were snow packed with areas of slush. the car went right through them without and problems. Coming homeabout an our later there was about 4 inches on the ground. again no problems the tire handled the snow, packed snow and ice without any problems. They are a great replacement for the terrible original equipment Nexen tires.

·
Registered
167 Posts
well, today we here in SE Pennsylvania are supposed to get 5-10 inches of the white stuff. Today I was scheduled to get my second Covid-19 vaccination shot. The one that makes it effective. I tried numerous times the past few day to get through on the phone to rescdule the vaccination. No Luck. So I had to go through with it. Luckily my appointment was early in the morning before too much snow was expected. I though, well this is a good time to test my Nokian WR-G4 all-weather tires. They are supposed to be much better than all-season tires. Man, are they right. these are excellent. There was about 2 inches on the ground when I left home. The roads were snow packed with areas of slush. the car went right through them without and problems. Coming homeabout an our later there was about 4 inches on the ground. again no problems the tire handled the snow, packed snow and ice without any problems. They are a great replacement for the terrible original equipment Nexen tires.
Thanks, of course im in Florida but with climate change, you never know!😂😂

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Today was Pay Day, so I did what I always to, I went shopping. As usual, Jem was her usual peppy little self. I'd use a little bit of the GO pedal, and then a lot of the STOP pedal.
But over all, she was just a real sweetheart, and got me around town, and through traffic in great shape.
I couldn't have done it without her. lol

I really do hate this time of year though..... Every time I get in the car, in the morning, I have to run the windshield washers to clear the tree pollen off of the glass. But, at least that means SPRING is here. That, and the Robins in my yard. :)
But at least, I'm not having to remove snow or ice. Arggg!

Cheers mates,

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got out the hose and washed off enough salt to cover all the French Fries sold at McDonalds nationwide for the entire month.

Thorough wash including door sills, underbody, and interior sanitizing (Lysol mixed in very warm water). Washed the big beach towels we use as seat covers. It's sitting in the garage smiling at me.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #418 (Edited)
I understand the smile!

I took my little girl out for breakfast at Bob Evans, but I had to leave her in the parking lot. They wouldn't let her inside without a mask on. lol

After breakfast she brought me home running as smooth as ever. I installed the rear Tow Loop and hooked up my road drag. Then dropped the air pressure in my front tires down to 20psi., for increased traction.
The last guy who working on my road, filled the big holes but left the road surface pretty rough. So, me and Jem spent about an hour going up and down the three blocks of my road, smoothing it all out. Now, it's pretty good, for what it is.....A sand road!

My Homemade Road Drag. (wood and steel)

Now it's time for rest, relaxation, and a cold beer.
I've aired up the front tires on Jem and she's ready for whatever comes next. Probably a trip in to town, tomorrow. I want to talk with my tire man, at the Firestone store, about some new (bigger) shoes for Jem. She wears 205's now, but I'm thinking about going up to 215's or even 225's, if the rims will handle it. Sam, (my tire man) will know.

Cheers Mates!
PS: I closely monitor my engine temp while doing my road work, on my Scan Gauge II. Jem never got over 215 degrees F, today. Heck, she gets that hot just going in to Town on the Interstate. But then, I'm usually running between 85 and 100mph.

401 - 418 of 418 Posts