Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

381 - 383 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
All I did for my little Jem, today, was to take her for a little road trip. It was actually a Pizza run.
By the time I got back home, I had driven 52 miles, and the car reported that I got 38.6 mpg for the trip.
"I love it when a plan comes together".

:cool:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #382 (Edited)
I made a lunch run again today, to Inverness, FL. That's about 26 miles.
On my way out of town, I stopped at a Shell gas station for a fill up, using my Shell CC.
I was surprised, when at the pump, I got a 30 cent per gallon discount. That brought my price down to only $1.63 per gallon. I can't explain it, but, I'll take it!
And as an added benefit, my car always runs really GOOD on Shell gasoline.

By the way, I'm seeing gasoline below $2 per gallon at all stations now.

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Again yesterday, my little Jem took me out for lunch.
And again, we headed south toward Inverness, FL. The first leg of the trip is 15 miles of two lane blacktop, with NO stop lights or signs. It was a good time to set the Cruise Control at 55mph, and shift the IVT into 8th Gear. Then I watched the MPG readout on the dashboard. It kept going up, and up, till it topped out at 49.5 MPG, just before I got to the first stoplight in Hernando. I was still burning the Shell gas that I got last week.

I wanted to fill up at the same Shell station in Inverness, that I filled up at last week, but, they were not taking CC's, and I was not ready to pay cash. So I went on down the road to another Shell station where I filled up the tank using my Shell CC, and I got my $.30 per gallon discount. I'm getting used to getting good discounts at Shell Stations. And my Jem seems to run pretty good on Shell gas too. Even though, I buy the cheapest grade, with up to 10% Ethanol.

When I got home later, I found an email from Shell, giving me a receipt for my Sale. I'd never had that before.

I took a round about way home, and stopped by my KIA Dealer, in Crystal River, FL.
I inquired as to the difference between a 2020 Soul LX, and a 2021 Soul LX, and was told, "it's (basically) the same car". I had suspected that would be the answer.
Of course, they wanted to know if I'd like to trade up to a higher trim level, and of course I told them I was quite happy with the car I have. :) :)

Now, if I win the lottery, I might pick up a Telluride. While, still keeping my Soul.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
FLH :cool:

381 - 383 of 383 Posts