Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

341 - 360 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your factory air filter will flow more air then the 2.0L will ever need. Increased power is directly measured by how much money you spent, ask anybody that bought an intake tornado. CLICK Slick 50 CLICK or any of the gimmic snake oil products.

K&N are fine for buy it one time and reuse but for the cost I can buy a lot of paper filters that flow more air than the 2.0L needs. Watch the filter oil, a drop on your MAF sensor will screw your car up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well, I didn't do a lot for my little Jem today, but she did something memorable for me.
On my way home tonight, on a 1+ mile stretch of two lane highway, that was totally devoid of other cars,
I just let Jem do her thing. She loves to run, and RUN she did, all the way up to 120 MPH, before I had to hit the
brakes for a Right turn in the road. Previously, her best on that same road was just 115mph. So what made the difference?
I can only guess it was the new K&N Air Cleaner that I recently installed.
120 MPH, that's incredible for a little Econo Box.
She was still accelerating when I was forces to hit the brakes. I'm sure she could have done even more if I just had more road. She does love to RUN!

Cheers mates!

FLH :cool:
How about Cool Dry fall air

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Cooler air is fine, but we don't see a lot of dry air around here. The temp was still around 80 F when I made the above mentioned run.
I wonder how much the nay sayers are paid to constantly yell "Snake Oil" no matter what we use?

Everything I use is tried and tested, by the experts, and by me, over many years, so just stop yelling "Snake Oil". You're just making a fool out of yourself.!!!
And some fool in the cheap seats yelling "Snake Oil" sure is NOT going to change what I use in my own car.
Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cooler air is fine, but we don't see a lot of dry air around here. The temp was still around 80 F when I made the above mentioned run.
I wonder how much the nay sayers are paid to constantly yell "Snake Oil" no matter what we use?
View attachment 134988

Everything I use is tried and tested, by the experts, and by me, over many years, so just stop yelling "Snake Oil". You're just making a fool out of yourself.!!!
And some fool in the cheap seats yelling "Snake Oil" sure is NOT going to change what I use in my own car.
Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
Only a sad person turns to personal attacks to prove a point. I like you, but you do let your temper guide your words I see it over and over on this forum. I would never call you a fool or stupid, I was raised better than that.

A drop in K&N air filter is fine for wash and re-use but added power is questionable at best. I have a drop in K&N in my 2007 Ford Ranger that I added when new and it didn't do squat for added acceleration or MPG. I have one in my Victory Cross Country motorcycle but it's an entire intake system replacement, that added acceleration and MPG. Adding a drop in K&N is nothing more than an expensive replacement filter.

You want to have a civil conversation I'm all in, you want to resort to name calling then you're just another keyboard commando.

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
79 Posts
Here she is with her rims..window visors(thanks for the recommendation)..I bought a second set ..just in case.....K&N drop in...tints...just waiting to get the rocker panel decals

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Any black wheels, look great on a white car.
Good going!
:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
So today I finished the final upgrade to my 2020 Soul GT Line 2.0L, LED lights. Changed the fog, headlight, parking, reverse and license plate lights to 6000k LED. FINALLY, the car has the look that I want. Now all halogen lights are replaced with white LED that matches the same lights in the interior and puddle lights.

Since purchasing on 6/8/20 I have done the following:

• LED Headlights
  • LED Fog Lights
  • LED Parking Lights
  • LED Reverse Lights
  • LED License Plate Lights
  • Center Console Organizer
  • Full Set of Weathertech Liners for front, back, and trunk
  • Weathertech sun shade
  • OEM splash guards
  • OEM billet oil cap
  • OEM LX factory bottom tray to cover spare tire
  • OEM sport pedals
  • OEM Homelink Autodimming Mirror
  • K&N drop-in filter
  • License plate frames and smoked plastic cover
Total is just under $1400. My bank account will thank me for no more purchases.
Wow!! I want to see all that ,please post pictures or that never happens!).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
This morning, I phoned my KIA Dealership and scheduled my 15,000 mile Oil Change, with car wash, for this next Friday PM.
Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Do you hand wash it yourself?
I prefer to do that, but the weather this year has not been conducive to my doing that.
It's been rain + mud, rain + mud, all summer long.
The guys at my dealership do a pretty good job, so this time I'll just let them do it. No big deal, and it's FREE.
Happy Trails!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Do you hand wash it yourself?
I prefer to do that, but the weather this year has not been conducive to my doing that.
It's been rain + mud, rain + mud, all summer long.
The guys at my dealership do a pretty good job, so this time I'll just let them do it. No big deal, and it's FREE.
Happy Trails!
Yes, 2 buckets. The car wash guys make the guys in the pits look like nuclear scientists. Little rocks and rags do not mix well with paint .......seen many free car washes ending up to be thousands in damage......And they always pull a Shaggy..."It wasn't me"

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Pits? Rocks and rags? I don't know where you've been but there's nothing like that where I go.
I really feel sorry for you, sounds like you've had a really hard life.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Pits? Rocks and rags? I don't know where you've been but there's nothing like that where I go.
I really feel sorry for you, sounds like you've had a really hard life.
All is take is the wash boy to drop the rag pick it up and continue on with your car wash.......

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,299 Posts
All is take is the wash boy to drop the rag pick it up and continue on with your car wash.......
Agree Willy. I've seen it happen AND had it happen to me (on my Acura). I was furious, but like they say, you can't fix stupid, or lazy, or someone who just doesn't give a shite!

I wash my own. It's not a big deal. The Soul is super easy to wash just by how the body lines are. Don't get me started on automatic car washes ;)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
You didn't say (???) where you live, so I have to ask.
"Where does a BeerNut live?"

·
Registered
591 Posts
She has been sitting in the garage a lot the past several months, so I took her out for a nice 100-mile leaf-peeping loop through Mennonite farm country. Took the wife along, too.

Here, we stopped at the Casselman Bridge, an original structure of the National Road (Rt 40) from Cumberland MD to Vandalia IL. I did a travelogue on the National Road a few years ago and posted it on my website: http://www.michaelelyard.com/Rt 40 West Virginia to Illinois.htm

Then I gave her a good sponge-bath with warm suds. (The car. I offered, but the wife didn't feel comfortable having me soap her down in the driveway for everyone to see. LOL)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,299 Posts
Then I gave her a good sponge-bath with warm suds. (The car. I offered, but the wife didn't feel comfortable having me soap her down in the driveway for everyone to see. LOL)

View attachment 135024
Well that's a different take on the ol' carwash pnoman.

For some reason I can hear this in the background :love:

341 - 360 of 368 Posts