Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

301 - 320 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,296 Posts
What is this reflash about..I think we have the same model,is this something going on with all 2020 or certain ones?
Hi Robert, I think this is the TSB procedure for the re-flash issue

Attachments

Reactions: pnoman

·
Registered
160 Posts
What is this reflash about..I think we have the same model,is this something going on with all 2020 or certain ones?
Its for 2020 Souls with the IVT Manufactured before mid-April 2020. The previous posting‘s attachment gives the detaipls.

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
79 Posts
Thanks for the info ..have to check my date ...even though at financing the guy made us sign a paper that said they checked the trade in and there one for recalls or bulletins(not sure how true this is )...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Don't get upset about updates, reflashes, etc. It's just the KIA engineers tweaking and tuning the systems for greater reliability. I do that with my own computer, quite often.
So far, I've had NO updates on my 2020 LX.

:cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Reactions: Robert3430

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,296 Posts
That would be production dates: 11/24/18 – 4/17/20 for the re-flash.
You can check inside the drivers door panel for the production (date of mfg) date.
It affects many 2020-21 Souls.

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
79 Posts
mine shows 02/20 ...I looked up the nhtsa site and they have a lot of transmission issues ..is mine in that group?

·
Registered
589 Posts
We drove a 100-mile loop today on mostly hilly 2-lane back-roads with about 15 miles of interstate plus some stop/go city driving. Went to put flowers at two different cemeteries - my parents at the WV National Veterans' Cemetery and a good friend who passed away at just 59 in my hometown nearby.

I could not tell any difference before/after the re-flash. I'm a pretty conservative driver, though. I did kick it down about 3/4 throttle coming up an on-ramp and it accelerated just fine. Smooth "shifts" and transitions. Averaged 36 MPG, so it did not seem to affect mileage.

It may have just been my imagination since I have not driven this car much the past few months, but after the steering re-flash, it seemed like the steering MIGHT have been just a SLIGHT BIT heavier - which is a good thing. I always thought the steering was a little bit over-assisted. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, but it felt properly weighted and had good feel on the curvy back-roads.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
I talked with my KIA service writer, just a couple of weeks ago, and he said that there are NO Updates for my car.
And to the best of my knowledge, there have been NONE performed on my car since I've had it. ???
Since they don't seem to change the way the car drives, I'm not pushing to get one. I'm happy with mine, just the way she is.
Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
79 Posts
FLhamster we have the same car ,same color .and yes no updates on mine either...and it drives fine..yet it's only at 150 miles so we'll see....

·
Registered
160 Posts
I talked with my KIA service writer, just a couple of weeks ago, and he said that there are NO Updates for my car.
And to the best of my knowledge, there have been NONE performed on my car since I've had it. ???
Since they don't seem to change the way the car drives, I'm not pushing to get one. I'm happy with mine, just the way she is.
Cheers Mates!
That’s really interesting, since the TSB is for all Souls manufactured 11/24/2018 through 04/17/2020.
Here’s the link to the TSB. You may want to show it to your service advisor.

I had mine done in late June when i took the car in for an oil change. My advisor told me about it and recommended it be done ASAP.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I added an adapter which gave me the ability to have wireless Apple CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
797 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
79 Posts
That’s really interesting, since the TSB is for all Souls manufactured 11/24/2018 through 04/17/2020.

I had mine done in late June when i took the car in for an oil change. My advisor told me about it and recommended it be done ASAP.
Thanks for the info..I will definitely follow up on this .. appreciate it

·
Premium Member
148 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #316

That reads like a pigeon English translation from Chinese. I'm totally confused.
It starts off with a heading of DCT: Then slipps into comments about the IVT. The two are NOT even related!
Hardly even second cousins, twice removed.

OK, I might print it out and take it to my dealer.

Drive safely,

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
This is what I purchased. Took about a week to arrive from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are some pictures:

With the adapter wired in it allows me to wireless charge the iPhone without having a cable connected. I can also leave the phone in my pocket and have Carplay running.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
More pictures: These are when the vehicle starts up.

As you can see on the closeup it shows the phone charging while on the wireless pad.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
It's been some time since I added anything to my 2020 Soul LX, but this morning I got an email from K&N Filters, telling me that they now have a drop in filter for the 2020 Soul 2.0L MFI engine.
WOW, it's been a long wait!
Well, they say it fits, so wasting NO time, I whipped out the old CC and ordered one.
Finally, I can get my little gal free breathing at last.
Happy Trails, Y'all!
PS: The same filter (#33-5050) is available via Amazon, for about the same price.

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-Line, 2010 Soul Sport
28 Posts
Today I tried to change my oil for the first time. Only have 2400 miles on it, but I was doing the other car so I figured what the hell. That is as far as I got. Oil filter is stuck. I tried to use the filter cup, and a band filter remover to no avail. It will not budge. Had to call the dealership and schedule a warranty replacement/oil change. They are going to use the labor of removing the oil filter has a warranty claim. I just have to pay for the oil filters and the oil.

301 - 320 of 368 Posts