Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

281 - 300 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
When I started this topic, on May 18, 2019, I talked about making a trip out to Cedar Key.
Yesterday, I repeated that trip, for the first time in 15 months.
I pretty much stuck to the speed limit, and used cruise control and 8th gear whenever I could.
I started out with a full tank of gas, and when I got to Cedar Key, I took this pic of my trip meter.

Seventy one miles, and the gas gauge didn't even move off of FULL.
Jem ran as smooth as silk all day. I didn't stop there.....I also visited Crystal River and Inverness before heading for home. Total mileage for the day, was 175.8 miles. Just a nice day for a ride in the country.

While in Crystal River, I stopped at my Kia dealer, to chat for a minute with Dave, my Service Writer.
I asked him about the software update on the IVT (discussed on this forum) and he said it was supposed to make the IVT more reliable. He told me, that if anyone refuses the update, and then has an IVT failure, the cost of the replacement would be on the cars owner, NOT KIA. Well, there went my idea of refusing the update. Eh?
Those transmissions are pretty danged expensive. So far, at 13+K miles, mine is working perfectly.

Cheers Mates
Happy Motoring
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just got back from a 900+ mile trip to Augusta, Ga. Luckily I didn't see The Devil. The car averaged about 34 to 38 MPG with the AC on and doing about 70MPH. It's a good driving car. I started using Lucas Fuel Treatment and I like it. I can't guarantee it but I think it make my engine run smoother. It does lube everything touched by gas. So cylinder walls, valve stems etc. I put a large squirt in the first tank (roughly 2 oz) on my way down to Ga. In subsequent tanks small squirts of Lucas (1 oz). Going down to Ga I was getting about 34MPG average - coming back I was getting about 38 MPG. The weather was mild and I drove the speed limit coming and going. Seat of the pants review is the stuff works! Before anyone whips out a calculator - I was filling up at between half a tank and 1/4 tank and I had about half a tank left when I got home.

·
Registered
179 Posts
...and when I got home I changed my oil. It had been 6000 miles. In the engine was Valvoline Modern Engine - 5W-30. The oil still looked very clean, but I changed it anyway. Used the same VME 5W-30. I'm at 10250 miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Today, I took 'Jem' for a little jaunt (about 75 miles) out to Cedar Key on the Gulf coast. It was a nice day for a re-visit. I had not been there since the last hurricane hit the place.
Bikers love the place, as it's a nice destination for a 'Ride'.
(click on pictures to enlarge)

View attachment 120439

View attachment 120423

Along Restaurant Row, there are at least four eating places and they all serve Beer. It's a Bikers' paradise. lol
Today, at least one place had live entertainment.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer day, and Jem ran like the Jewel she is. My odometer rolled over past 1000 miles today and got 34.4 Mpg for the trip, according to the 'Trip Meter'.
Pretty darned good for a car that's not even broken in yet. I can't wait to get my K&N Air Cleaner for this car. That should give her a little more SCAT!

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
Happy Trails!

:cool:
The k and n filter, is that for the turbo?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
???? Why would you ask that? I certainly don't have a Turbo....nor would I ever.
Right now, 8/21/20, K&N does not make a "Drop In" air filter for the 2020 Soul with the 2.0L engine.
However, if someone has lots of spare cash laying around, K&N does make a CAI for that engine.
It comes in at just under $300. Personally, not interested.

My 2020 Soul is the first car of mine, since 2000, that has not had a K&N Drop In Air Filter.
I can only hope, that someday (soon) the guys at K&N will get off their @#%^^ and create the Drop In filter for the 2020 Soul, with the 2.0L engine.

Well, I can hope, anyway. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Today, I took 'Jem' for a little jaunt (about 75 miles) out to Cedar Key on the Gulf coast. It was a nice day for a re-visit. I had not been there since the last hurricane hit the place.
Bikers love the place, as it's a nice destination for a 'Ride'.
(click on pictures to enlarge)

View attachment 120439

View attachment 120423

Along Restaurant Row, there are at least four eating places and they all serve Beer. It's a Bikers' paradise. lol
Today, at least one place had live entertainment.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer day, and Jem ran like the Jewel she is. My odometer rolled over past 1000 miles today and got 34.4 Mpg for the trip, according to the 'Trip Meter'.
Pretty darned good for a car that's not even broken in yet. I can't wait to get my K&N Air Cleaner for this car. That should give her a little more SCAT!

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
Happy Trails!

They (the dealer) will not give me any crap if I get a k & m filter and mabey build myself a little box for it?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Build a box? What the heck are you talking about? Right now, they only sell a CAI which requires only an install, no "Box" required. And when they finally get off their duff and make a Drop In air filter, it will go into the OEM Air Box, which is already a CAI.
I have experience in an Air Flow Lab, at Caterpillar, so I have a good idea what constitutes a CAI, which the Soul already has. I just want the Drop In Air Cleaner, like I had on my 2013 Soul.

Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just take an icepik and poke a thousand holes in your current filter and you'll get the equivalent of the k&n.

Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I removed the ugly yellow caution stickers on the visors!! Just unscrewed them, brought them inside, sprayed with 70% alcohol, let sit a while and scrubbed off. Looks soooo much better!!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Soooooo Coooool !!! A great thought!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Managed to find the one.... The only ONE.... ONE POTHOLE, on the entire way home from work today. A real jaw knocker too. Nice metallic thwonk....

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just had the IVT re-flash done this morning, along with the electric steering re-flash. The tech (Kia Master Tech, who I know and trust) said there were no codes. Mileage is 4,505. I drove home (about 5 miles) and really noticed no difference. I will update after I've had a chance to put a few hundred miles on it.

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White LX
79 Posts
What is this reflash about..I think we have the same model,is this something going on with all 2020 or certain ones?

281 - 300 of 368 Posts