Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
First I've ever heard of that.

Today I took my little Jem back to the dealer to have a Hood Protector installed. That went off OK. Before I left there, I was joking around with the service writer and one of the techs, saying I hope it doesn't come loose at high speed and fly off.
They said it wasn't guaranteed to stay on at over 100 mph. We all laughed.

Well on my way home at less than 60 mph, one screw came out of the just installed Hood Protector, bounced over the hood and landed in the groove at the bottom of the windshield. When I got home I recovered the screw and stuck it in my pocket. I'll put it back in tomorrow, with Super Glue, and torqued down to spec. Cheech!

Well, at least it's on the car, and should protect the leading edge of the hood, from rocks and Love Bugs.
I had one like it on my 2013 Soul (that I installed myself) and it did a great job.

While at the dealership, I talked to the parts man, and asked him if Kia makes a Trailer Hitch for the 2020 soul, and he said "Yes" and it costs over $300. Yikes!
I put a CURT hitch on my 2013, and it only cost me $159, with wiring harness. Purchased on the internet.

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
With the one screw replaced and torqued down, I just had to snap this picture.

Looks nice and neat.

It's covering up my KIA badge, and one rock chip.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,626 Posts
With the one screw replaced and torqued down, I just had to snap this picture.

Looks nice and neat.

It's covering up my KIA badge, and one rock chip.

Cheers Mates!
Looking good FL, especially with the white paint. Hopefully someplace (maybe Form Fit?) will eventually make a bug shield that opens up the Kia badge area.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,543 Posts
Looking good FL, especially with the white paint. Hopefully someplace (maybe Form Fit?) will eventually make a bug shield that opens up the Kia badge area.
I've found that Saran Wrap works pretty well.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
And, that would be a whole lot cheaper. Except in my case, where a friend bought me the Shield, and my Kia Dealer put it on for FREE.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
That's OK, my steelies don't have the ridge on them for moons to hang on to, like some older steel wheels did.

Since I already had one screw on the new Hood Protector come completely OUT, this afternoon, in full sun, I took out the remaining screws, one at a time, applied Super Glue to the threads and put them back in as tightly as I could.
Now maybe they will all stay in.

I never had a problem like that on the Hood Protector I put on my Gen-1 Soul.
I learned as a little kid, when I put something together, it needs to STAY together.

Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX with 3 pedals!
21 Posts
Superglue may have been a little extreme. I would have went with blue loctite. That way you dont end up stripping things when it comes time to remove.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
The Super Glue was made by Loctite!
I won't be removing the Hood Protector, because my reason for putting it on...Bugs and flying rocks, won't change.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Added a little color under hood by having my engine cover hydrodipped.
Car is snow white,and has red trim so..

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Yesterday, I made a short trip out to Walmart for a few essentials.
When I got back home I realized that I had reached a milestone. My Odometer read "10101". Wow!

I seem to be keeping up with a mileage increase of ~1000 miles per month. And, it's all been loads of fun!

Cheers Mates.... Stay safe, maintain your distance, and stay Healthy,

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
So what have I done WITH my Soul lately?

Well, two days ago, I got a call from a neighbor lady who was stuck in the sand in the middle of a nearby road.
Briefly, she was really stuck, with the frame of her SUV sitting on the sand in the center of the road.
I installed my Tow Loop in the front of my car, and hooked up a 200' x 3/4" braided nylon rope to my top loop and a point under the back bumper of her car. (a hole in the steel frame)
I was then able to pull her out of the rut she was stuck in. That was the first time I've had to use my 2020 Soul as a wrecker, in the ten months that I've had her. I did that a lot with my 2013 Soul.

Then yesterday, the same lady was out shopping, about seven miles away, and her car would not start. So once again my little Jem was fast to the rescue. 14' Deluxe jumper cables, are a standard part of my Emergency Kit.

With the drought causing our sand roads to turn into dry quick sand, I foresee that I might be called on again to save someone. It's OK though, because I have the experience and the tools to deal with it.

Cheers Mates, Stay Healthy!

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
485 Posts
Nice look (y)

181 - 196 of 196 Posts