Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,

I am trying to find out what audio system my 2015 Kia Soul Plus came with. What speakers, as well. Is there an easy way to find out?

The system in my car has USB and an aux port, no cd/DVD drive.

I'd like to upgrade to a unit with GPS and a cd player with Sirius xm.

Any recommendations out there?

I'm currently drooling at Best Buy.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay... After some dumbing-down Google I figured out that my Soul has a single din head unit. The upgrade I'm hoping for would require modifications to fit a double din unit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Rob, I used to live in University Place when I was stationed at McChord. So it sounds like you have the base unit. You did not mention if you had the Infinity system and you say you have a single din radio. I would take a picture and post it so we know exactly what radio you have. Go to www.crutchfield.com and input your car and you will find all kinds of great info. What's cool is they will tell you if the head unit fits and what installation gear is needed. If you buy from them they send a master sheet of instructions on how to do the installation. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself you can always bring it to Best Buy and have them install it.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,414 Posts
This is a snazzy looking unit Rob

Reactions: Robert Clarke

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions... I gave in and purchased a JVC head unit. Not exactly what I wanted but it was available. Best Buy will be installing it when the last of the parts arrive sometime next week.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,414 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions... I gave in and purchased a JVC head unit. Not exactly what I wanted but it was available. Best Buy will be installing it when the last of the parts arrive sometime next week.
Hey Rob, any chance you can complete this thread & let us know how your new JVC unit is working out for you (maybe photos?)

Thanks

Reactions: cojones
1 - 7 of 7 Posts