Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I had roof racks on my Hyundai Tucson and never used them once. If I need to haul something just get a MiniTrailer :rolleyes:
mini trailer.jpg

·
Registered
479 Posts
I actually just hauled (this weekend) a 5x7 enclosed trailer with 9 chairs (probably only like 10lbs each) and a roughly 30-40lb coffee table and could hardly tell I was pulling anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hauled home a new rescued mountain bike today on my roof rack. i think it was the first bike that had been up there because of the weather. (that's what i call craigslists finds)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Because people like to SEE the things others have done
Totally understand that but I wouldn't say it's totally worthless without pictures. It did look really funny with that trailer hooked up though and would have made for a good photo but taking a photo wasn't really on my mind.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My all time favorite Kia Soul (hauler) picture remains......

It won aclaim in the UK as the top "Hauler".

But the little Kia Soul does have a lot of PULL!

I grade my road with mine!

Happy Haulin'

TechnoMage :cool:

Reactions: Cits4K9

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
And, you'd probably want an F-250 or better. Right? :)

For the past 26 years, I've tried to maintain my road, with whatever car I had at the time.
I've even had two 4x4's and I can tell you without reservation, that the Kia Soul is as fine a little Tractor as any car I've ever had.
If anything, she's highly UNderrated. And I'm talking about the little 1.6L Soul.

I'm still trying to find a "John Deere" sticker to put on the back. lol

My road, back in 1988 when I first moved here.

My road, just before I traded off my Suzuki SX4, for my Kia Soul.

It's just pure white sand, finer than sugar and requires constant maintenance. So when it comes to pulling things, I'm a past master at it. :rolleyes:

Gertrude has all the horsepower I need, and my new Kelly Explorer tires give me all the traction I need, to keep right on truckin'

Cheers Mates!

Reactions: Shaggy Wierdo

·
Registered
106 Posts
Any recommendations on what kind of hitch to get, I need a small trailer for plywood and Sheetrock.
Until then, I just haul people and our dog!

Steve

·
Registered
600 Posts
My all time favorite Kia Soul (hauler) picture remains......

It won aclaim in the UK as the top "Hauler".

But the little Kia Soul does have a lot of PULL!

I grade my road with mine!

Happy Haulin'

Not good to have the tail wagging the dog!
Top picture.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lakeman, that's a very typical set-up for Europe. You see lots of compact cars hauling trailers. Last time I looked, gas was about $9 an imperial gallon in the UK.

·
Registered
600 Posts
But that has nothing to do with safe towing. You don't want the tail wagging the dog. I lost a travel trailer once and it is not fun. I am not sure that Kia even recommends that you tow anything with the Soul,( someone chime in). Just because a lot of people do something does not make it a good practice. That top picture I was referring to is ridiculous. What Techno is doing looks fine. The set up in the top picture is not ideal as the trailer is lower in the rear than the front. Looks like the trailer should have tongue weight going by where the axle is located.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts