Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I would like to start off by stating I know very little about automobiles and mechanics/auto body.

that being said here is what lead me to this forum. I have been the owner of 2014 Kia Soul since early 2018, it had about 30k miles on it, it’s my first car not counting handle down 98 Dodge Neon.

A few months back I was involved in my first accident and my Soul received some cosmetic damage. It just got work done, Rim Replaced, drivers side doors replaced along with the bottom side skirt I guess you’d call em? Anyway point is it was horrid looking for about two months while the Pandemic kept me from getting my boy fixed.
Ive been loving this car since day 1 and it never stops surprising me, we have been through North Easter winters together and he’s pulled his own through some of the worst.
After seeing the great job the body shop did restoring Him I’ve become more of a vehicle enthusiast, I am an artist and craft hobbyist of sorts so this is becoming aBother one of those things for me.

Alright enough ranting here are my questions.

“Disclaimer” Once again bare with me as I know practically nothing about cars (Yet)

these questions are more of an interest in aesthetic mods that would still be relevant to my desire of going just a bit more off grid/having a bug out vehicle.

1. My Kia Soul has a panoramic sunroof and No visible connection hatches for a roof rack, it does have two black plastic strips along the roof, and I have seen some souls will conceal connections under this, Can a rack be put on aSuch a soul? If so will it effect the functionality of the sunroof?

2. I have seen durable looking hitches that can mount on a 2014+ soul, Could one be durable enough to hold a tire carrier without wear and tear on the vehicle? Yes I realize it will prevent the hatch from opening. (Perhaps there is a specific hitch that can unlock from a standing to laying position to allow hatch entry?)

3. Tires, I would like to give my soul a bit more of a rugged aesthetic but still be quite functional as well. Do I have options of larger more off road tires or possibly a few inches of lift? I understand this may effect fuel efficiency, speedometer readings and handling. The handling part is the only issue that seems really concerning to me so how bad could that really be?

4. My Boy has a spoiler that has worn off paint,It is a Silver soul and I am considering giving the Spoiler a solid yellow paint job myself, can it detach easily or is it easier to just tape it off/cover the rest the car from overspray.

Sorry for such a long post I felt it would be best to provide as much initial detail as I can.

Looking forward to your replies.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Re: Q5. OK, you have no Q5.

But, the rear seats can fold down and allow a decent space to inflate an air mattress and spread out a sleeping bag.
Space for 1, or 2 if you are really friendly. :)

Worked for me and better than a tent when temps go into the 30's overnight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts