Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who wants to know what 35% tint looks like. The guy at the tint shop had a light meter that measured the rears at 28%, and once the fronts were installed they were 31%. (Windows are slightly tinted from factory so installing 35% ends up being 31%)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm in Illinois and technically it is illegal. 50% on the fronts is the lowest I could go legally because the rears are below 35%. I spoke with the guy at the shop though, and he said he's yet to have anyone get a ticket as long as he hasn't gone below 35% on fronts for any car, no matter how dark the rears are. There's a 5% variance allowance in my state so while 35% is what's written, if a cop measures it at 30% it's still allowable.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have 35% on my Soul with 99% UV blocking, necessary because I've had a bout with skin cancer. 35% is the legal limit where I am, but I really wish it were darker. I need to get it on my truck as well and I think I'm going to just take my chances and get it darker on it. I'd like something that really cuts the sun pretty hard.

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
663 Posts
@jdmartin Check with your state. Here you can go darker than the legal limit if you have a letter from your doctor saying you need it. (It might not prevent you from getting pulled over, though, since the cop won't know until you show him.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts