Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White Turbo
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined this forum back in 2011 when we bought our first Soul. Sold it in about a year.
Around 2017, bought a used 2016 Gen 2 and drove it for about a year also.
That leads us to today...

A new 2021 Pearl White Turbo! They've come a long way from Gen 1. The car it replaced was a 2017 VW GTI. As much fun as you can have with your pants on, but tough entry/exit as we both age. It was a manual and a f-ing blast to drive.
When considering its replacement, I thought about the Soul again, being easy to get in and out of, and thinking the turbo version could be entertaining.
Hope my plan works out. My wife gets tired of me trading cars!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Welcome back!

+1 on the easy in/out. Our son bought a '17 Honda Civic sedan and the seats seem like only inches above the ground. Gotta give out a good grunt to get out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Joined this forum back in 2011 when we bought our first Soul. Sold it in about a year.

A new 2021 Pearl White Turbo! They've come a long way from Gen 1. The car it replaced was a 2017 VW GTI. As much fun as you can have with your pants on, but tough entry/exit as we both age. It was a manual and a f-ing blast to drive.
When considering its replacement, I thought about the Soul again, being easy to get in and out of, and thinking the turbo version could be entertaining.
Congrats on the new purchase.
Question! Just what is your plan?

·
Registered
2021 White Turbo
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plan is to quit trading cars every 4-6 months! My wife says this an addiction. I'm getting to think she's been right all along...

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Your wife is definitely a Wise Woman!
Six years is about right, but six months....not so much!
Do you also have a bike (motorcycle)?
:cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts

Pictures or this never happened!

·
Registered
125 Posts

Don’t you just love the paddle shifters and the DCT?!

·
Registered
2021 White Turbo
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I miss the connection of a manual, but hopefully can adjust to the DCT. Feels "funky" now...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I miss the connection of a manual, but hopefully can adjust to the DCT. Feels "funky" now...
Always pull the shifter to the left, then an s and the gear number will appear, it shifts itself, sporty. Change the drive mode to sport for heavy steering feel and fun boost guage. It is so good that I had a tire chirp going into 3rd!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts