Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I traded in my 2011 Black ! to lease a 2016 +. My 2011 was gorgeous inside, black and red. Like so:

soul-burner-interior.jpg

The new one is black on black on black, with a splash of black to brighten it up.

While I LOVE the outside color of Caribbean Blue (That is 90% of why I chose the + over the !. Dealer could not find a ! in that color anywhere in CA. :( ) the boring inside is bringing me down.

Can you suggest or aim me at small things I can do to the inside to give it some personality and color? I'd like it, if at all possible to match the outside color. I have zero experience at this sort of thing, but my husband manages a repair shop, and has guys who are pretty awesome at such things if its going to require such fussy things as tools. :tongue-new:

Also looking for recommendations on well fitted seat covers, dash covers, bras/hood protector or outside tweaks to make it a bit more unique.

Money is tight, so looking for things that won't deplete my bank account on the small inside add ons.

And on a final note, I HATE the stereo the + has. Its sound quality is a huge step backwards from my 2011 !. I'm leaning towards a Pioneer 5700bhs, because I want nav capabilities AND the ability to still use my steering wheel controls. Does anyone else have this? Like it/hate it? Or feel free to aim be at something that you feel is better, but costs around the same. This will be my one big splurge for now (With a sunroof addition next year. Damn, do I miss that!!) but again, tight budget, so can't spend more then the Pioneer cost.

Thanks!

P.S. I have Googled, but it's tough to Google for things I don't know exist or the terms for. Looking for add ons and accessories just gets me the bigger things, but not the small tweaks I'm hoping for. I've read back several pages in this sub thread as well, but not quite finding what I'm looking for, yet. Though I am seeing a lot of gorgeous Souls you've all created. :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Caribbean Blue was never available on the Exclaim model and only available to the limited Designers package on the Plus.

I have a the Caribbean Blue colour, but its available on all models in Canada and also our vehicles are packaged different. I have the UVO infotainment system and its far superior to the Infinity 8 speaker sound system I had in my 2012 model, even though its only six speakers.

You will find lots of ideas and suggestions by checking out the accessory section for the G2 model here Soul Accessories also if you click on the "garage" link (in red on the left of many members postings) to see what some have done to their vehicles)

(forgot to add, also some of the interiors depending on the exterior have two-tone dashes)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Carid.com has some really neat dash kits available in some pretty funky colors. I've snooped at them quite a few times.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello Seagal and welcome to the Soul forums at last.
I am sure you will be enjoying the new engine and six speed auto
If you like chrome google' Kia soul chrome'.

Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
Look at blue LEDs for the dome lights and maybe under dash. Cheap and impressive and a match for the exterior color.

Also, my years of stereo experience back to the 1950s would suggest that new speakers would make the difference. Rarely does the amplifier sound different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, for the suggestions, websites and welcome! I'll get back to looking at things today.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
You mentioned that you have leased your new car, before making permanent changes to the car like adding a sunroof or anything else that is not easily reversed check with your leasing company. Normally the leasing companies do not allow changes to the car since in effect you are only leasing the use of the car from them.

Pat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts