Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the pics of my ride! Finally!

Well, maybe not all of you! But judging by the comments, a lot of you have been waiting to see pics of my Denim Blue Soul 4U. Enjoy!

All washed up, clayed, waxed and gleaming!

What a face!

The pics really don't do it justice. The metal flake in this paint absolutely gleams in the sunshine!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love it! I'm gonna use one for a wallpaper. Kidding! But seriously, what a beautiful ride!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Very nice ride and the scenery is awesome too!

My Tropical Soul

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I bet it looks awesome in real life...I think you are right...the pix don't do it justice. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nice

The denim was my wifes first choice. I ended up with red though. Your Soul is very nice. Did it really need a wax already, or did you just want to baby it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The denim was my wifes first choice. I ended up with red though. Your Soul is very nice. Did it really need a wax already, or did you just want to baby it.
you'd be surprise how clean it isn't right from the dealer. it's never too early for a proper detailing job!

thanks for all the compliments folks! I've got my new license plate on as well now. i'll get some shots of that on here soon as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great pics. I didn't see a Denim Soul at the dealers, so it's good to see some pics.
yeah, these denim ones are surprisingly rare apparently. i haven't ever seen one other than mine either.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What is the big deal about these clay bars! Did you notice a huge difference after using it? I mean it is a brand new car right!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is the big deal about these clay bars! Did you notice a huge difference after using it? I mean it is a brand new car right!
yes it's a brand new car but it's amazing how much crap is embedded in the clearcoat! when you run your hand over it, you can feel all kinds of little bumps and imperfections. if you wax it right away, all you're doing is sealing the impurities in. You have to get those out! the clay bar very gently lifts all that stuff out of the clearcoat. it's amazing really. the claybar is white before you start and when you're done it looks black! once all that stuff is off the paint, then you can put a protectant on there like wax to seal all the bad stuff out. it's a time consuming but tremendously satisfying experience. i highly recommend it. You can get a meguiar's or mother's clay kit complete with lubricant and 2 claybars for $20. totally worth it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
yes it's a brand new car but it's amazing how much crap is embedded in the clearcoat! when you run your hand over it, you can feel all kinds of little bumps and imperfections. if you wax it right away, all you're doing is sealing the impurities in. You have to get those out! the clay bar very gently lifts all that stuff out of the clearcoat. it's amazing really. the claybar is white before you start and when you're done it looks black! once all that stuff is off the paint, then you can put a protectant on there like wax to seal all the bad stuff out. it's a time consuming but tremendously satisfying experience. i highly recommend it. You can get a meguiar's or mother's clay kit complete with lubricant and 2 claybars for $20. totally worth it!
I'm so going to buy a kit. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can get a meguiar's or mother's clay kit complete with lubricant and 2 claybars for $20. totally worth it!
Hah I wish.... :( buying just a single clay bar at my autozone runs me $35...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts