Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
The piece almost reads like an info-mercial. Glowing.

Besides there is a rule. 3rd generation Soul owners cannot be happy. It is a thing. If they were happy, 2nd generation Soul owners would be unhappy. We can't have that.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul EX undercover green w/ grey interior
10 Posts
The writer of the article did hit on everything that I enjoy about the Soul 3rd gen.

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
61 Posts
Funny the Mpg they get is very similar to my experience and not the 40+ mpg reported by some here.....lol

REAL MPG, CITY/HWY/COMB23.5/36.2/27.9 mpg

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
So, Motor Trend is a fan. ?
Well, I'm a fan of Motor Trend, not the magazine but the TV Channel. Almost every day, I'll be watching it at sometime or another. Occasionally, they will air episodes of "Overhaulin", my all time favorite car show. Garage Squad is a favorite too, not to mention Texas Metal.

As for the MPG, it's not given up freely.....ya have to know what you're doing, and work at it a little. But mid to high 30's is every day for me and Jem. Pretty darn good, for a car with the aerodynamics of a cement block.

I'm planning a very long road trip, to Phoenix, sometime this summer, and I have no problem with Jem making it just fine.
Now Me is another matter. lol

Happy Motoring Mates,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
155 Posts
I've had my 2020 EX just over a year now and so far the only thing I can complain about is I wish the heater put out more heat. Nothing has gone wrong. The engine feels strong, transmission is smooth, excellent brakes. I have the ex with designer options so I have just about all the safety features one could want and I like safety....

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
OH, it's true! One man's safety features (nannies) are another man's PITA.
I guess, that's why KIA builds so many different models and trim levels.

For three days, I actually had a 2020 GT, with all the "Safety Features", but all the nannies were driving me crazy, so I took it back and traded Down to the LX. Same basic car, same engine, same transmission, but just less BS.
The LX is a much nicer car for me. I've even disabled the Stop n Go feature, and the seat belt buzzer. Now with new tires, I don't even have to worry so much about the Anti Spin Control. (or whatever they call it)
I can just put the hammer down and GO, without anything bugging me. Up to the speed limit, anyway. lol

Now, my little Girl is more like a true Sports Car. (Shhh! She thinks she's a Corvette! ) :ROFLMAO:

Cheers mates!
:cool:

·
Registered
620 Posts
The monthly updates that I saw were pretty glowing. They touched on how much they appreciated the smartly designed keyfob (lock button on the corner to avoid pushing the wrong button without looking at the fob). They also appreciated the manual park brake and the "just right" ride height. I was actually impressed with the fit and finish of the 2020 that I owned, and the DRLs were also a nice premium feature. If not for Covid trashing the rideshare industry, I almost think that I'd probably be complaining about the transmission issues that are apparently plaguing some Souls. Damn shame to read about all the recalls as I think the vehicle is great, otherwise.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Now, my little Girl is more like a true Sports Car. (Shhh! She thinks she's a Corvette! ) :ROFLMAO:
Our neighbour just bought a dark Candy Apple Red Corvette. The owner of the distributor in Greater Vancouver is the son of a very good friend of the neighbour who passed not so long ago. So the neighbour did not have to wait a year or more. Came straight out of the showroom. Paid about C$122 for it IIRC.

Man, it looks nice. The LED screen is massive and of better quality than many folks' TV screens. The backup camera image is the best I have ever seen.

Now, he is talking about trading it in for 1967 Corvette.

Our Soul hugs narrow, windy mountain and canyon roads more than enough for our satisfaction and at a fraction of the price. It definitely has a sports car feel to it if you choose to drive it that way. But with far more room for passengers and/or storage space.

There are lots of other things to spend money on in life.

In passing, I tried to imagine an electric version of the Corvette. Didn't get very far....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was about 16 years old in 1963, living in a small southern California town. My neighbor's father bought the first '63 Corvette Stingray in the area... A yellow/white top roadster. The first time Mr Costanzo drove that car by our house I was instantly in love. For me the ONLY TRUE Corvettes were the 1963 to 1967 series (C2 I believe).

It wasn't until my 53rd birthday before I was finally able to purchase a Corvette - a new 2001 Corvette convertible. qg vette 3.JPG

Sadly, the roller bearings went south in the 7th month after my purchase. GM bought the car back from me. Oh well... :cry:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Well, of course, I'm just joking, when I say my Soul, that I named "Jem" thinks she's a Corvette. But without any added Anti Sway bars, etc, the control/handling is way better than it was on my Gen-1 Soul. When they re-designed the Soul (2020) they did one heck of a good job on the control and handling.
I had an SSD Anti Sway bar on my 2013 Soul, but my 2020 Soul doesn't need one. Literally, she corners like a Sports Car.
I don't know what they did to this car's suspension and steering, but I approve. And, with my new 'sticky' tires, it's even better. I think I'll keep her!

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I was about 16 years old in 1963, living in a small southern California town. My neighbor's father bought the first '63 Corvette Stingray in the area... A yellow/white top roadster. The first time Mr Costanzo drove that car by our house I was instantly in love. For me the ONLY TRUE Corvettes were the 1963 to 1967 series (C2 I believe).

It wasn't until my 53rd birthday before I was finally able to purchase a Corvette - a new 2001 Corvette convertible. View attachment 136804

Sadly, the roller bearings went south in the 7th month after my purchase. GM bought the car back from me. Oh well... :cry:
Nice looking Vette.
You did not replace it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice looking Vette.
You did not replace it?
No, by then I wanted nothing further to do with GM. Three weeks after GM settled my claim the general manager of the Bowling Green Corvette facility, contacted me. He offered me a new Vette at cost, straight off the production line. I said "no". I should have said yes. I have never claimed to be smart.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
"No Regerts" ??? Wasn't that on a TV commercial once? Ridiculously Funny!

:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts