Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Just see the pics. Its towards the front under the door when it shuts. Its on both driver and passenger side
Have they been there since you got the car? It looks to me as if they were assembly marks when the car was made or the parts were handled during assembly. Especially if both marks are nearly identical and have been there since you got the car. I looked at my car and I have almost the same marks on mine but a little closer to the front it appears. With water, they do not come off. Curious.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have they been there since you got the car? It looks to me as if they were assembly marks when the car was made or the parts were handled during assembly. Especially if both marks are nearly identical and have been there since you got the car. I looked at my car and I have almost the same marks on mine but a little closer to the front it appears. With water, they do not come off. Curious.
Not sure all I know is i noticed them about a week ago I have almost 2k miles on my soul now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Not sure all I know is i noticed them about a week ago I have almost 2k miles on my soul now.
Well that is two of us that have them, wonder how many other 2014s may have them. They are faint, it could also be that there is a structural member behind them there that causes it to accumulate dirt. I am going to try to remove the mark with something other than water and see what happens. I did not even notice them amongst all the other road grit thrown up there until you mentioned it.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Ok, I just scrubbed mine with some Armor All cleanser (not the regular make shine stuff) that I generally use for the black plastic pieces. I mean I had to scrub but it looks as if they come off with elbow grease. Lots of grime on the towel. I think it is where the door and hood channeled water down off of the car. It has been raining here a lot so the car has been wet and then dried, wet then dried, etc. I hope that is all it is but I would expect them to reappear after the car gets wet a few more times.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
more like water strains from run off, but maybe something like Back to Black or similar might make it look better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got the same on mine...... Looks to me to be a little excess white lithium grease. The area in question is directly below the door hinges. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I've got the same on mine...... Looks to me to be a little excess white lithium grease. The area in question is directly below the door hinges. Just a thought.
That is a thought, something to ponder. When the door is closed, they line up pretty well.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have them on one side...will check the other, but I had tried rubbing them out...notice them the day I had body molding put on...may have been there before. I will try to remember to take & post pix.

·
Registered
546 Posts
They are water stains, they will line up with the drain holes in the bottom of the door, you can actually see that in the second picture. Far left edge of picture, one of the holes has the same stain running out of it.

Probably soap that gets past the window seals when you wash your car and runs down inside the door, some of it dries then when it rains it washes the soap out of the door as well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If its from washing with soft water or winter road deicer, it will be a salt stain, should come off with vinegar. Soak a cloth and lay it on the spot for 10 min, then rub with the cloth. Should break it up.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I use Armor All Extreme Shield Wax on the entire outside of our car. It leaves no white residue on plastic parts and gives good looks and protection way longer than Armor All Spray or similar products. If you protect the surface with a layer of wax it will prevent this residue sticking and make it easier to wipe off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have them on mine also. I think it's just residue of something washing out of the inside of the door. It does look like lithium grease. Mine came off easily with armorall cleaner wipes. It's supposed to rain the next few days, we'll see if it happens again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts