Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 plus with the Primo and Audio packages.

The sub seems very weak. I have to open the hatch and put my ear against it to verify its working. I tried adjusting the balance all the way to the back speakers and raising the Tone Bass to +10, then it seems ...... OK. But that's not a usable setup.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
178 Posts
The sub in my gen2 was underwhelming, the door speakers seemed to put out about as much bass as the sub. So I added 2 12's and a 2000 watt amp.
The good news is the this is fixed in the gen 3 (with the premium audio in the gt-line turbo at least). I haven't really been motivated to move the subs into it, as it's really good already. (No, I'm not saying it's even close to 2 12's and an amp, but it is good for a stock setup).

·
Registered
115 Posts
not sure what the equivalent is in the US, but the Harmon Kardon rig in my 2019 Turbo Tech has heaps of bass. downtempo beats are totally loaded. i don't think i've even touched the EQ or sound settings yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just bought a 2019 plus with the Primo and Audio packages.

The sub seems very weak. I have to open the hatch and put my ear against it to verify its working. I tried adjusting the balance all the way to the back speakers and raising the Tone Bass to +10, then it seems ...... OK. But that's not a usable setup.

Is this normal?
I would not describe a proper sub as audible. You feel a good sub. Your bones feel a great sub. The rearview mirror in the car next to you trembles at the presence of an excellent sub.
A quality sound system should mirror being in the studio with the band giving you a private concert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
manfreity
Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
We’re the ultimate Kia Soul community dedicated to Soul owners and fans!
Full Forum Listing