Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Not sure what a mostly-base model is but glad you like it.

That Gravity Gray is really nice.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Welcome! We also have a 2013 Base 1.6 Automatic. I would be very interested to hear your comments on how they compare after you've had a chance to get more familiar with the '20.

Is it the new 2.0 Multi-Port Injection engine with CVT?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! We also have a 2013 Base 1.6 Automatic. I would be very interested to hear your comments on how they compare after you've had a chance to get more familiar with the '20.

Is it the new 2.0 Multi-Port Injection engine with CVT?

Yeah it is 2.0. As far as I know you cannot get anything less than that in a Soul anymore.

It is far more comfortable and rides much smoother than the 13 Base. We took it from the Midwest to Virginia Bach last week and the ride was no problem at all. It was pushing a bit over 4k rpm getting through the Mountains of West Virginia but had no problems at all. We also ran into some extremely heavy thunderstorms on the way back and it handles wet roads just fine at 70+ mph.

The gas mileage was right on 33 or so for the trip. I think it ended at 32.8 or something like that.

p.s. We kept our 13 Soul we call Big Red, so we are a 2 car Soul family now ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what a mostly-base model is but glad you like it.

That Gravity Gray is really nice.
Oh, it came with a couple of add on options off the truck the base model normally would not have had that you would have had to have added. Dunno why.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Oh, it came with a couple of add on options off the truck the base model normally would not have had that you would have had to have added. Dunno why.
you should us the proper model name in your drive details - LX rather than calling it the Base as that is no longer used, also indicate whether it's MT or AT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts