Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not saying I use this, I am only asking for opinions, so don't flame me. I is just an ignorant soul. A while back a fellow approached me to buy a can for five dollars of waterless wash stuff for my car. It was in a spray can and supposedly you could foam up your car, wait for it to dry, or something like that, and wipe it off with a clean soft cloth, or so he said. My question: is this stuff any good or is it harmful? I suspect I will get many opinions that tell me it is harmful. But it will NOT stop raining here at times and I don't want to wash the car in the rain. The only option then is for me to go to one of those spray wash stalls and get rained on coming home (I don't use the brushless or touch less stalls, so we can forgo talking about that).

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
When a car is truly dirty, you need copious amounts of liquid to carry the tiny abrasive particles away before you start rubbing a cloth or sponge across the paint. Otherwize you might as well clean the car with a wire brush on a drill.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When a car is truly dirty, you need copious amounts of liquid to carry the tiny abrasive particles away before you start rubbing a cloth or sponge across the paint. Otherwize you might as well clean the car with a wire brush on a drill.
So, if I go to the spray stall and hose the car off real good, is it then an ok product to use?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
If you do not have sufficient lubrication between your microfiber cloth and the paint, you will end up with scratches. It's just the way it works. Do it enough and your paint will eventually look hazy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use waterless car wash only on a clean & well waxed car to remove only light dust & it work well

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree, I only use those "waterless washes" like I would use a quick detailer product.....Basically on a clean car. If a car is even remotely dirty, lots of water and soap suds.

Craig

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
In theory, given enough product, it could work, even with a dirty car. It either works by cutting surface tension, so particles fall off, or raising them and suspending them in the foam, so they can't scratch the car when they're removed. But you would need a lot of product, and I don't see how it would be better than just using a much cheaper lubricant (water) and surfactant (soap).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts