Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know if I need to take off the wind deflector to go through a car wash?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got my Soul to its first car wash. As recommended in the manual, I took off the antenna and folded in the side mirrors. The car wash I go to has sponge-type strips that clean the car. It's safe.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I wouldn't touch a non touchless car wash even with all your Souls.....
Haha .... NO Lie .... Theres only one way to do right , and a touchless isn't gonna cut it ( no pun intended ) nor automatic foam / brush whatever kind .... The dirt needs to be removed from the surface , but it's how you remove it and frequency .... My first Soul was Java brown , I washed it the same way , at least every week for the 2 1/2 years I owned it , it had no wash marks in the paint , it was beautiful .... I use microfiber mit as my tool , along with proper procedure and plenty of water
:)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I always hand washed my cars up until about age 52. Thank Heaven I found 2 car washes (Country Club & Auto Spa) that are touchless,leave the finish feeling 'just waxed' & don't appear to dull/spider web the finish at all. I bring along a damp micro fiber towel & detail water run out & spots they miss & am very happy at 57.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I wash my car by hand.. It's in bad need of a wax though, it's starting to get that filmy white glaze to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts