Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who live in northern areas where copious amounts of road salt is used, here is a tip I hope helps. I noticed that there is a 1/4" gap all around the window and moulding of the Gen2 rear door. As we all know crap gets sucked onto the back of the car in large amounts. I noticed even after washing that salt was packed in the damn gap, my solution is to get a soft paint brush and brush the salt out of the gap around the window and moulding. Don't want to give rust a chance to get going. Only takes a couple of minutes of your time.:)

Pat.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't really need a Pic. just take a look at the tailgate and you will see what I am referring too. Anyway here is a the best pic I have. The gap is around the glass and the bustle so figure it out.:encouragement:

Pat.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,397 Posts
I wonder if a shop vac & duster brush would get that out too? Or is it too "globulated?"

Hey, it's a word. I use it when I'm cheating at Scrabble :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
My "Edit Post" button appeared today. After whining about it for many months.
I was able to insert Chef's thumbnail into the quote.

Thank you Mods.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't share in the pleasure of salt removal from the vehicle....Unless it's Gulf water from the SUP....

Let it snow let it snow let it snow...:Yay:
I envy you your clean car, unfortunately having the car covered in salt for at least 4 months of the year is the cost of living in the great white north.:disgust:

On the other hand I do like having the other 3 seasons, but I do hate winter.

Pat.

Reactions: cheferman65

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,397 Posts
You Florida boys are killing us with talk of your salt-free roads, sunshine & warm temperatures.

I'll be dreaming of that surfboard tonight while it's in the mid 20's and the icy roads are dusty with salt.

:confused:

Reactions: cheferman65

·
Registered
811 Posts
You Florida boys are killing us with talk of your salt-free roads, sunshine & warm temperatures.

I'll be dreaming of that surfboard tonight while it's in the mid 20's and the icy roads are dusty with salt.

Ouch! Yeah that is why i moved...

I envy you your clean car, unfortunately having the car covered in salt for at least 4 months of the year is the cost of living in the great white north.:disgust:

On the other hand I do like having the other 3 seasons, but I do hate winter.

Pat.

Agreed! It takes some getting use to, but, I love our 2 seasons here.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Take the fins off the bottom and use it for a toboggan?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts