Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my soul for about 8 months and never smelt the washer fluid when I clean my windshield before and then the other day it stunk when i sprayed it and now every time i use it i can smell it. Is this common in the soul.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I have only ever had the faint smell of rad fluid but can't say that I have noticed windshield fluid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea like coming through the vents. I used it after a swarm of bugs attacked my windshield on the high way and you could smell it like massively.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well I've smelled it plenty. The incoming air for the cabin of the car is at the base of the windshield. It totally makes sense that if you got some smelly washer fluid that you'd smell it since the nozzles are literally 5" from the air intake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not only did mine smell when I got it from the dealer new, I used it on a hot day and it "etched" marks in the black trim on the a pillars that I wasn't able to wax out. I drained it and refilled. No clue what they put in there.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i smell the washer fluid every time i wash the windscreen..... have done with pretty much every car i have owned. Try putting the air system onto recirculate before you wash the windows next time and if you dont smell it , it shows you havent a leak and that the car is fine.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
... i don't even know what washer fluid smells like...or looks like, for that matter lol...

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via AutoGuide app using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
... i don't even know what washer fluid smells like...or looks like, for that matter lol...
hope you know where the fill it, at least in Texas you don't have to worry about it freezing ;)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
hope you know where the fill it, at least in Texas you don't have to worry about it freezing ;)
i haven't the foggiest...I'll crack open the manual to see where it is..

that IS the stuff that comes out whenever you flick the wiper stalk, right? o.o

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via AutoGuide app using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
i haven't the foggiest...I'll crack open the manual to see where it is..

that IS the stuff that comes out whenever you flick the wiper stalk, right? o.o
]
you must be kidding, you need to read your manual from cover to cover. Here it is and there is a low washer fluid level warning indicator on instrument panel. ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
EboniLM, Most of the blue stuff sold in jugs smells like ammonia (like Windex). Absolutely harmless bit of hydrogen and nitrogen. Harmless that is, unless in much much higher concentrations...
Some of it has an alcohol smell too, due to it being added to keep from freezing.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
I use windshield anti-freeze rated at -40C all year round. Since purchasing my Soul in mid-November, I have yet to empty the washer fluid container, as I am trying to do it to make sure the low level light works ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I drained my fluid container down to the last two notches when I last checked and I never saw that low wiper fluid light illuminate. I was amazed the I had to use a whole gallon of the Rain-X wiper fluid. Have to keep an extra handy from now on incase I run low. But maybe the 2012 models have it standard.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
I drained my fluid container down to the last two notches when I last checked and I never saw that low wiper fluid light illuminate. I was amazed the I had to use a whole gallon of the Rain-X wiper fluid. Have to keep an extra handy from now on incase I run low. But maybe the 2012 models have it standard.
check below your washer fluid bottle (you can see it from below the vehicle) to see if it has wire connections like this:

I still haven't emptied the container for the first time since my purchase in mid-November. It's a very large container. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts